First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Had my first flat ( right rear tire ) due to object on road yesterday. There’s no way that Ford Jack would lift that tire to put on the spare. Called Roadside assistance and about 45 minutes later a service wrecker pulled up with a 2 ton hydraulic floor Jack, lifted the wheel and put on the spare. Now looking for a Jack to put in the Frunk that will actually lift 4,000 lbs!
Sponsored

OP
OP

j150

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023 Lariat Extended Range.
We got a bottle jack.

LHR

First Name
LORENZO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 LIGHTNING
Occupation
RETIRED
My wife had to change out a flat tire and managed to twist this part of the jack.
No, she is not super human.
Anyone else able to twist this thing?

Thanx,
Jeff
Jack_Issue.jpg
Same thing happened to me. That jack is completely useless, as soon as pressure started building the same component pictured above twisted like a pretzel. I emailed Ford- no reply. Thank god for road side assistance, although I had to wait for over an hour.

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
The jack point for the rear, especially, is quite far forward. So you are lifting a LOT of weight. I did try out the factory jack when swapping my winter wheels and it did work, but yeah I should be shopping for a hydraulic bottle jack I think.

vvgogh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning ER
The emergency jack worked great for me. The OEM General Grabber tires are not very durable for even mild forest roads. Luckily, I was close to a level spot to pull off and change the tire. I was hoping to get back to my snow tire before needing to change these in the Spring.... but that evolved quickly. We'll see if the BF Goodrich T/A KO2 can stay more intact on forest roads than those General Grabbers.

Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I've used the equipped scissor jack several times without issue. It is quite a workout to lift the truck with it, though.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Good on her!! My wife wouldn’t even know how to get the jack out, let alone tear it up using it. 😂🤣
Sorry, I just had Add some more because you can only do one With the button🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Sponsored