Weird Tesla Supercharger Result - 134 kWh = 63%

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I was running a couple of errands so wasn't watching it but I know it topped out at 180 kW when I first got there and quickly went down.
Any chance there were idle charges for 20 minutes that just translated to kw by incorrect math?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jenkins5286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
Any chance there were idle charges for 20 minutes that just translated to kw by incorrect math?
I don't believe it was ever idle. It was still actively charging when I disconnected. It was predicting I was another 25 minutes from 90% and I decided I didn't need that much juice so I left.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
it is the old gas pump scam. someone borrowed you cord when you were dsictracted
That’s impossible. The session ends as soon as charging stops, and the pump has to be re-activated to resume charging. I sometimes have to do this when I need 100% and forget to change the default 90% cap.

The truck stops charging, I have to unplug, reauthorize the pump, and plug back in. It’s not possible to borrow a cord and steal someone’s power.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
That’s impossible. The session ends as soon as charging stops, and the pump has to be re-activated to resume charging. I sometimes have to do this when I need 100% and forget to change the default 90% cap.

The truck stops charging, I have to unplug, reauthorize the pump, and plug back in. It’s not possible to borrow a cord and steal someone’s power.
it was a joke :rolleyes:

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
it was a joke :rolleyes:
Sorry, it’s tough to tell sarcasm on the internet. My 72-year-old mom just got her first EV last year. She’s 100% believe me if I told her that.
Sponsored