• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is this connector for?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
If there are no wires going to it, might be a cap for a cable end.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Here’s a more zoomed out pic.

IMG_0854.jpeg
Your module looks different than mine: Are you sure you have the B&O sound system? Maybe they changed it for 2023. The connector and Ethernet cable look the same.

Ford F-150 Lightning What is this connector for? 20240827_204619905_iOS

Nomoregas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
where is the antenna for this modem? I thought all data uploads happened via home wifi, is this a cell modem and who is paying for that if so?

Jodokk

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Professor
So, could I jump off that 13 pin power window connector to power a rear dashcam without running wires all over the airbag system?

Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I think that plug is for the rear heated seats. I have that plug and if I remember it’s connected to my seats.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
where is the antenna for this modem? I thought all data uploads happened via home wifi, is this a cell modem and who is paying for that if so?
I guess I'm wondering how this is news to you. The cellular modem, which is on the AT&T network, is paid for by Ford. You don't pay anything. Data is DOWNLOADED to update your modules. Yes, some data is also uploaded. And yes, WiFi is used if you connect to it. None of this costs you anything.

Sponsored

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Shush! Don't give e'm any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nomoregas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
I guess I'm wondering how this is news to you. The cellular modem, which is on the AT&T network, is paid for by Ford. You don't pay anything. Data is DOWNLOADED to update your modules. Yes, some data is also uploaded. And yes, WiFi is used if you connect to it. None of this costs you anything.
well we don't have At and T in Canada so it is a mystery how that can be!

I assumed all communication for updates is via wifi in your driveway I am not even sure why I need a cell connection in my truck when I have a cell phone.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
well we don't have At and T in Canada so it is a mystery how that can be!

I assumed all communication for updates is via wifi in your driveway I am not even sure why I need a cell connection in my truck when I have a cell phone.
I am sure they (AT&T or Ford) have an agreement with whatever cell carrier(s) is(are)in Canada.

The cell connection in the truck is for the connected services which we get a free trial for and then if you want to keep them, you have to pay which covers the cost of the cell connection down the road. If you log into your Ford account on the web, it will list your connected services trial ending dates.
Sponsored