• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What's happening with the unfilled 2022 Lightning reservations?

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Do I have to do anything to have mine rolled into the 2023 list? Are 2022 reservation dates even relevant for the 2023 production run? Is Ford going to start working that 2022 list again and if so, how far (to what date) is it expected to get?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I expect we will see at least one more round of build week scheduling in June to fill the MY22 production schedule through the late summer early fall (September and 1st week of October)

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Right. You didn't reserve a model year, just the vehicle.

I expect 2023 model year production to be 80,000 - 100,000, as they'll be at a 150,000 run rate by middle of 2023 calendar year.

Bill from King Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I agree that the reservations rollover to 2023, but this is what we unfulfilled lackeys currently see and hence possibly cause for some to be confused....

Ford F-150 Lightning What's happening with the unfilled 2022 Lightning reservations? resv

Sponsored
OP
OP

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Do I have to do anything to have mine rolled into the 2023 list? Are 2022 reservation dates even relevant for the 2023 production run? Is Ford going to start working that 2022 list again and if so, how far (to what date) is it expected to get?
Assuming there is at least some correspondence between the date we submitted reservations and when we will be allowed to order, is there a list of how many reservations were received by say each day of the first week following the opening of reservations (April 2021)? This would allow reservation holders to have a better idea of their chances for getting a truck in the next year's production run.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I believe those who are lucky enough to receive a MY2022 Order Invitation in the next several months should definitely not wait for the MY2023. Inflation in the past 18 months was not folded into the MY2022 price, to Ford's credit. There has been no promise that this would continue in the future.

Remember that Ford has held MY2022 prices to pretty much what was quoted back in early 2021 (except a minimal $100 increase in shipping), well before rampant inflation became embedded in the economy.

If this happens it will shake out a high number of the remaining reservations who would now not be able to afford the truck, including increasing financing costs.

On the flip side, if this happens it will only help to increase the resale and residual value of MY2022 for some time to come.

Some investors say that Ford is not making a profit on the first batch being produced and will have to increase MY2023 by 6%-10% to cover increasing battery and other supply chain price increases. Note that Ford stock has plunged from around $23 to $13 in the past 6 months.

I confess that I agreed to pay my dealer an ADM of $3,000 in order to get a MY2022 because I forecast that inflation (truck cost plus financing costs) in MY2023 would more than cover that amount. In addition, I live in a part of the country with very little competition so shopping around for a No ADM dealer was not an option for me at that time.

Everyone has to make the best decision for themselves but it would be financially foolish not to consider all possibilities that may happen in the near future.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
You should contact your dealer to find out if they have any unfulfilled / non responsive, extended, or cancelled orders.

Those unfulfilled allocations will create more order invites as @TaxmanHog said - there will be another clean up wave (similar to mine in wave 6 last month) to fill any MY'22 slots.

My dealer had 50 Lightning order allocations but had a couple of customers extend their reservations for MY'23.

That created an opening for me last month when Ford did a cleanup wave invite. My dealer didn't know that they were to fill the MY'22 orders from those that cancelled, extended or unanswered/unconverted. Ford sent a message to dealers stating that these additional orders will be filled without affecting the dealer's original allocation.

It was Ford that emailed and texted me about the open allocation and after I paid the deposit, I got a call from my dealer who was alerted.

OP
OP

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I believe those who are lucky enough to receive a MY2022 Order Invitation in the next several months should definitely not wait for the MY2023. Inflation in the past 18 months was not folded into the MY2022 price, to Ford's credit. There has been no promise that this would continue in the future.

I thought Ford was through sending out MY22 order invitations?

I confess that I agreed to pay my dealer an ADM of $3,000 in order to get a MY2022 because I forecast that inflation (truck cost plus financing costs) in MY2023 would more than cover that amount. In addition, I live in a part of the country with very little competition so shopping around for a No ADM dealer was not an option for me at that time.

I call that the lesser of two evils. In Arizona, failure to license a Lightning this year - and for the next five - will result in a 200% increase in licensing cost. My only reservation would be buying from a dealer unscrupulous enough to charge the ADM, especially in the face of Ford's threats of retribution. Too bad we can't just bid for whatever MY22 production is still available (if any?)

Everyone has to make the best decision for themselves but it would be financially foolish not to consider all possibilities that may happen in the near future.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Dealers were asked to reach out to open reservation holders and get information regarding the desired trim level and battery size, presumably for planning purposes. Mine did contact me, did yours?
One theory is that if there are unsold production slots for your trim & battery size, you may get an invitation to order a 2022.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Dealers were asked to reach out to open reservation holders and get information regarding the desired trim level and battery size, presumably for planning purposes. Mine did contact me, did yours?
One theory is that if there are unsold production slots for your trim & battery size, you may get an invitation to order a 2022.
I have an October 2021 reservation for a second truck if needed and the dealer did not contact me. I am assuming that that reservation will be fulfilled as a 2024 or 2025 truck, which is fine with me.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have an October 2021 reservation for a second truck if needed and the dealer did not contact me. I am assuming that that reservation will be fulfilled as a 2024 or 2025 truck, which is fine with me.
I keep wondering if/when I should make another reservation for a Lightning. I am a MY22 XLT SR order holder with a 7/11 build date. I am thrilled to be getting my Lightning, but I am really curious what the redesign will bring to the table. For example, what if Ford's investment into solid state batteries really does result in these being added to trucks in 2025? I imagine that advancement alone would make my MY22 turn into a dinosaur, I'd want to be able to sell while the value is still there, and get in on the cutting edge early.

Any other MY22 order holders thinking the same thing? Will you make another reservation when the reservations can be made again?

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
As per one of the leaked dealer documents, uninvited 2022 MY reservations will be invited to order, by reservation time stamp, for 2023 MY. Starting in summer 2022. Last I saw on here was August, we shall see how it goes.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It’s possible that your October reservation is so far down the list that they knew you’d never be able to get a 22, so no need to contact you.
Sponsored