• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
I think Tesla is going to need to design some doubler brackets, and then update the casting. At least they did it correctly and dropped it on the hitch so that the suspespension could not help. The frame bending shows that this is not a “normal” hit.

Last edited:

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
OMG-Becky look at that truck.
Well, those guys are crazy, but I have to say the F150 held up pretty well for all they did to it!
At least I know how to straighten my frame if something ever happens.

Reactions: dww

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
I was thinking about when I saw his first video how cool it would have been to use a Lightning. Still would have been cool for this video.
With that said, that F150 certainly took a beating. Steel bends, so that was expected. I didn't realize when watching the first video that the drop from the concrete was what cause the breakage.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I was thinking about when I saw his first video how cool it would have been to use a Lightning. Still would have been cool for this video.
With that said, that F150 certainly took a beating. Steel bends, so that was expected. I didn't realize when watching the first video that the drop from the concrete was what cause the breakage.
There have been very few if any videos with direct comparison to the F-150 Lightning and I don’t understand why….

Sponsored

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
Fully boxed frame….yes I realize the super duties don’t get them(at least they didn’t). This is what you get sending aluminum to do steels jobs. Too inflexible a frame gets you high impulses and fractured structure, but the fanbois like hearing it’s stiffer than a McLaren. Makes me wonder if they want a stiff truck because…. Geez, my mind went to the gutter.

Last edited:

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
I didn't realize until the end of this video that it was an ICE F150 and not a Lightning. I had just assumed they were comparing EV to EV.

OP
OP

hajalie24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
I didn't realize until the end of this video that it was an ICE F150 and not a Lightning. I had just assumed they were comparing EV to EV.
I'm assuming the lightning will perform similarly? Minus potential battery damage of course lol

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
CT fans are going crazy right now still saying it didn’t take the same abuse and that the CT was abused prior to the video 🤣

Sponsored

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
CT fans are going crazy right now still saying it didn’t take the same abuse and that the CT was abused prior to the video 🤣
I genuinely can't stand Tesla fans a lot of the time. They're right, the f-150 didn't take the same abuse, it took a lot more and kept working.

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
I'm not gonna lie, if I was Ford, I would strongly consider giving whistling Diesel a few t3 prototypes closer to launch. If t3 breaks, Ford gets some idea of what failure points there are before launch and can address them, and if t3 holds up really well to insane abuse, it's a fucking fantastic advertisement for it.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
There have been very few if any videos with direct comparison to the F-150 Lightning and I don’t understand why….
There have been many. Those many videos were what led me to cancel my CT pre- order and go with the Lightning.

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
I could not believe they were not using an Electric F150. Apples to apples. I guess it's par for the course on that channel as I don't watch most of their crazy, stupid stuff.
Sponsored