Winter/snow driving & one pedal mode

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ID4 pro S, possibly '24 Lightning Flash
Hey all

To start, I do have an EV already, and with winter tires on we leave it in Regen mode all the time....but it's Regen is not a full one pedal driving as aggressive as the lightning's one pedal mode.

Have any of you found any dicey moments from winter driving in snowy/icy conditions with it in one pedal driving mode?

I know you can of course modulate how you let off the accelerator to mimick light braking and that, but just something my wife and I thought of tonight as we mull over whether to pull the trigger and get a '24 Flash trim lightning....

Also - winter wheel and tire recommendations? Other than the Nokian Hakkapeliitta?

Thanks
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Turn ot off. All modes regen, as does braking.

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I drive 1-pedal in all conditions. I've only had minor snow since we do not get much here, but even them I used 1-pedal and the did the same in my previous model 3. If you feather it instead of using it as an on-off switch it works perfectly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ID4 pro S, possibly '24 Lightning Flash
Great thanks everyone.

Didn't really play around with 1pd off when we had it, had too many other things to be testing out and considering...

Cheers

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
For ice and snow, cruise control off, one pedal off and if you really need to stop throw it into neutral!
Throw it into neutral? Really bad advice. You have no drive control at all.