Sponsored

Winter/snow driving & one pedal mode

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Isn’t the whole point of one PD that it’s slowing you down with the motors but not applying the brakes?

Back when I used to drive a stick shift down shifting in the snow and ice was a better idea than breaking.

Is my logic flawed here or wouldn’t the safest way to stop in icy conditions be one PD?
Sponsored

Ragman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightnings - SR XLT, ER XLT, ER Lariat - 2024
One pedal and winter ice don’t go together - in glare ice conditions on a highway it’s too aggressive even with X-Ice tires on you will go into a skid (been there done that). Our winters are likely worse than 95% of people experience - that said I’ve been in Texas when there is an inch of snow and watched people get stuck in it.

The cruise control/sign reading is also a bit too aggressive in winter driving - particularly when it reads the wrong sign and goes full regen braking…

CD4TNF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER
Lightning Mike did a 2 part series on winter driving testing with his Lightning. If anyone is interested.

Part 1

Part 2

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
Throw it into neutral? Really bad advice. You have no drive control at all.
I’ve been driving in ice and snow for fifty plus years, when you are in neutral the wheels turn freely and gain traction, if the wheels are in drive they will be either too slow and slide or too fast and spin. When that happens you can’t steer or stop.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I’ve been driving in ice and snow for fifty plus years, when you are in neutral the wheels turn freely and gain traction, if the wheels are in drive they will be either too slow and slide or too fast and spin. When that happens you can’t steer or stop.
Absolutely against what experts recommend.