Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ptcoffee.com
Vehicles
2024 Lightning Pro ER Max Tow, 2021 Highlander V6, 2013 Suzuki Wee-Strom
Occupation
Coffee Roasting
Let’s be truthful. No BS, no sugar. Would you buy another?
I ask because I still maintain my 2022 Lightning was the best Ford truck I can remember in 40 years. Solid. Yes, teething, but it was new technology. I had issues, but the biggest was range. The standard just didn’t cut it for me. I had to bail after trying to get an ER. Then the bottom fell out 2 weeks later after I got out.
Now, I’m in a position to get back into an ER Flash. Just wondering what you owners have to say.
I an upside down in my current truck, and have enough incentives, tax rebate, and a PCO to right me up. I could save an easy $5,000 plus a year driving a Lightning again. But I’d want to just run it. I’m on the fence. In 5 years, I’d have between 150-200k on it. I don’t think the batteries are an issue. The service intervals thru 200k are literally tiring. Nothing. I think a coolant change at 160k if I recall. The ER would fit my daily driving without issue. Vacations? Eh, maybe. I have concerns at 150-200k, who would want a used EV? New tech with better batteries, quicker charging, longer range would have to kill a used Lightning, right? Am I concerned about these things for nothing? I can’t imagine my 2023 STX will return $20k in five years with 150 on the clock, after its $15k depreciation in six months. So what’s the likelihood a 2024 Lightning will return $20k in five years with all the other tech advancement strikes against it? I can’t find my crystal ball. Thoughts appreciated.
Absolutely I would purchase another!

I traded my Mach-e for the Lightning 4 weeks ago. Two of my favorite vehicles ever, the Lightning more so. Currently on a trip with the Lightning from Western WA to North Dakota and loving the drive!

I have tried to convince my wife to go with an Mach-e or other EV, but I'll have to pry her ultra-reliable super comfortable Toyota Highlander V6 from her cold dead hands...
Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Wishing Ford built a 3/4 ton EV truck. Would like a longer box and higher payload. An F250 SuperDuty Lightning is what I really want.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I love my 23 Lariat ER so much, I put it up for sale as I have a Cybertruck too and also love that.
I put it up for sale a few months ago I got two 58k offers and I ended up backing out and still trying to sell the Cybertruck.
I love everything about the truck, except the slow software. Tesla definitely has that one in the bag.
I drive it way more than the Cybertruck, already have 12k on the Lightning and 7k on the Cybertruck.
One other tiny gripe, the center console doesn't want to stay up, there's no locking it into place. Any tiny bump with your arm and it closes.
FYI- There is a thread out here that shows how to address that last issue for like .20 cents.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Absolutely without a second of hesitation! Great truck, excellent ride, & access to Tesla superchargers! The only thing, other than more range/software updates, that I would like is the King Ranch trim line.

*Full discourse: I am Ford loyalist with this being my 6th Ford product.
We're glad you're enjoying the Lightning. Thank you for being part of the Ford Family! :)

Jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
FYI- There is a thread out here that shows how to address that last issue for like .20 cents.
Thank you, I’ll search for it.
Searched and only found one complaint about glovebox tension, but didn't see a remedy
Can you post a link to the fix.

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Thank you, I’ll search for it.
Searched and only found one complaint about glovebox tension, but didn't see a remedy
Can you post a link to the fix.
I DM’ed the info so as not high jack this thread.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Business Consultant
If an EV works for your lifestyle then 100% yes. This has been the most maintenance free experience of truck ownership ever. Love it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Would You Buy A Lightning Again? IMG_1400
Sponsored