• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Shelby Raptor. 2005 AEV Jeep TJ stroker supercharged. 2007 Navara
Occupation
Business owner
Yes, my password has symbols, numbers, upper and lower case. My email has a dot in it as well, unsure if that would cause any problems but wherever its splicing in our login info should be within marks (' ') therefore it wouldn't mess with the code. My window sticker is dated 10/12/21
Day after my window sticker date from Kansas. Come from the age of setting up the engine by ignition points and balancing SU carbs. Widget seems a great idea and all doing great in fine tuning it. But will wait to be able to set up by following a walk through, with my limited programming experience.
Sponsored

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
Still same result, am I pasting in the code as you wish? Unsure if I can put two semicolon'd items into the same line? Or do you want console.log('data=' + data); on line 1254?

IMG_0214.jpg
Huh. Yes, what you put was fine. Troubleshooting via forum through the Scriptable app is a lot of layers of difficult :ROFLMAO:

What @tonesto7 is doing in the script where it's failing for you is pretty straight-forward. It's just making a call to https://usapi.cv.ford.com/api/vehicles/v4/${vin}/status. By that point in the script, it thinks your login went fine.

Ok, try this. Put everything in the script back to the original from tonesto7. Then replace line 1243 with this:

'auth-token': '`${token}`',

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Huh. Yes, what you put was fine. Troubleshooting via forum through the Scriptable app is a lot of layers of difficult :ROFLMAO:

What @tonesto7 is doing in the script where it's failing for you is pretty straight-forward. It's just making a call to https://usapi.cv.ford.com/api/vehicles/v4/${vin}/status. By that point in the script, it thinks your login went fine.

Ok, try this. Put everything in the script back to the original from tonesto7. Then replace line 1243 with this:

'auth-token': '`${token}`',
It’s never fun troubleshooting unless you’re right there! Still nothing with the changes :(

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass - Scriptable Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) 51BF1A9E-9087-496F-B2A4-CBEDD8094C83

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Everything seems to be working well for me. The fonts and picture allow everything to be seen on the smaller iPhone now.

I do wish that zone lighting could be turned on with the ignition off but I’m pretty sure that is the way the FordPass app works too. Mating this with the Siri Shortcuts is perfect!

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150, '05 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Everything seems to be working well for me. The fonts and picture allow everything to be seen on the smaller iPhone now.

I do wish that zone lighting could be turned on with the ignition off but I’m pretty sure that is the way the FordPass app works too. Mating this with the Siri Shortcuts is perfect!
I’m pretty sure that I can manipulate the zone lighting with the FordPass app and the ignition off.

Sponsored

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s never fun troubleshooting unless you’re right there! Still nothing with the changes :(

51BF1A9E-9087-496F-B2A4-CBEDD8094C83.jpeg
Have you considered your phone may be haunted? ?

If you want, I can share some Mac/Linux terminal commands to use as a test rig to verify your account is ok to pull vehicle data. Useful for isolating if your account is screwy vs the widget script.

I’m pretty sure that I can manipulate the zone lighting with the FordPass app and the ignition off.
Yeah, me too. Propower is the one that I can’t make go with ignition off

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
That’s interesting because I get an error through the FordPass app when trying to turn it on when the truck is off. My truck is a very early 2021 build and I got the update that “fixed” the zone lighting battery drain problem. I wonder if that has an impact?

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Have you considered your phone may be haunted? ?

If you want, I can share some Mac/Linux terminal commands to use as a test rig to verify your account is ok to pull vehicle data. Useful for isolating if your account is screwy vs the widget script.

Yeah, me too. Propower is the one that I can’t make go with ignition off
I’m down to try! Shoot me a PM so we don’t muck up this thread too much with my haunted iPhone ??‍♂

GlassSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Sales Director
This is awesome!! Great job w the programming. I was able to get this to work in 2 trys, doing it on the iPhone made it sort of an odd job w the copying/pasting.

But it works very well. I have it hooked up w Siri & shortcuts. This forum has been a huge resource, more so than FORD!

Thanks, if I can ever offer any telecom consulting - please let me know - I'm happy to return the favor.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I am CLEARLY not an intelligent person when it comes to widgets. I erased everything and started from scratch with new version. Now I'm getting this.
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass - Scriptable Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) IMG_6250

Sponsored

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150, '05 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
I am CLEARLY not an intelligent person when it comes to widgets. I erased everything and started from scratch with new version. Now I'm getting this.
IMG_6250.jpg
That may well be due to the problems that AWS is experiencing this morning.

The app has been working perfectly for me and I got this same error briefly this morning.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Works well for me. Thanks for helping us with this. Very cool to see real time data in a widget.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks to @WillB17 , it's safe to say that having either % or $ in your password (maybe both) won't work with the script right now. A quick and dirty way to get around this is to just change your password to have only letters and numbers in it. The script can probably be adapted to handle symbols, but I can't volunteer anyone to make a solution anytime soon. If I have time, I may poke at it to find a solution. @tonesto7 , if you're feeling generous, maybe you can noodle on it. :)

OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Thanks to @WillB17 , it's safe to say that having either % or $ in your password (maybe both) won't work with the script right now. A quick and dirty way to get around this is to just change your password to have only letters and numbers in it. The script can probably be adapted to handle symbols, but I can't volunteer anyone to make a solution anytime soon. If I have time, I may poke at it to find a solution. @tonesto7 , if you're feeling generous, maybe you can noodle on it. :)
That's interesting... I bet it's because of the URL encoding when sending the data to ford for the token.

I might need to pre-escape the text

Plattypuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost Rapid red
So it was the complicated password causing the issue that @WillB17 and I are having?
Sponsored