• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Isn’t it possible that a firmware update on the Nano fix the issues?
Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
As much as you'd use it, you might as well buy it. Its not a one time thing with these trucks.
My optomistic self would hope at some point Ford's OTA updates gets worked out or at least dealerships get enough experience that we won't have to keep doing to this. But in reality you are probably right that this will be a continuous thing, just gets expensive after a while for licenses.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Did we confirm that upgrading the IPMA via a Nano borked the update? Or was that because people had gone in and fiddled with the settings and then performed the upgrade?
I believe it is the CCM that is getting borked and although I'm not sure to label it confirmed, it is verified so far that all borked CCM modules were using the nano.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Did we confirm that upgrading the IPMA via a Nano borked the update? Or was that because people had gone in and fiddled with the settings and then performed the upgrade?
ipma can be updated with the nano. The issue is the modules on the network the ipma creates have trouble. Those modules are on an independent can network.. it seems any module updated on that network with the nano goes purple because it can’t seem to communicate reliably. The mongoose does

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
ipma can be updated with the nano. The issue is the modules on the network the ipma creates have trouble. Those modules are on an independent can network.. it seems any module updated on that network with the nano goes purple because it can’t seem to communicate reliably. The mongoose does
I know it was mentioned somewhere , but I dropped the adapter baud rate to 9600 and had pretty good luck so far. Nothing purple and wth is borked? ?

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I know it was mentioned somewhere , but I dropped the adapter baud rate to 9600 and had pretty good luck so far. Nothing purple and wth is borked? ?
Are you using the VCX Nano ?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's a less caustic term for you know what. :)

So are you saying with the lowered baud rate that you successfully updated the CCM with the nano?

I too have had great luck with the nano until that pesky CCM update failed

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat

The question is how lucky will I feel when I get there...?

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Isn’t it possible that a firmware update on the Nano fix the issues?
There is definitely the possibility that a future Nano firmware/driver update will fix it. An update to FDRS or modules could potentially fix it as well. Updates could also break it completely.

My optomistic self would hope at some point Ford's OTA updates gets worked out or at least dealerships get enough experience that we won't have to keep doing to this. But in reality you are probably right that this will be a continuous thing, just gets expensive after a while for licenses.
You can also use it with Forscan, so it's a good diagnostic tool to have available even if you aren't using it for module updates or replacements.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
It's a less caustic term for you know what. :)

So are you saying with the lowered baud rate that you successfully updated the CCM with the nano?

I too have had great luck with the nano until that pesky CCM update failed
Sub expired, can you look at my history? Or tell me what version is the latest. Was a couple weeks ago. But I recall something.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sub expired, can you look at my history? Or tell me what version is the latest. Was a couple weeks ago. But I recall something.
The CCM update wasn't available before last Friday, I don't think.
At least I know the IPMA/CCM/PSM package wasn't. (they are similar to the earlier APIM/TCU update that was packaged as do one, you do all)