• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
I used a 64GB SanDisk USB3.0 flash drive. It needs to be formatted to exFAT
I wanted to add a note for others on this subject. A lesson learned from Sync 3 is that the partition table of the USB drive also matters. With Sync 3 the USB drive must have an MBR partition table not GPT. I assume Sync 4 operates the same way. It's possible someone could buy a recommended drive and still have updates fail if this is overlooked.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
Anyone who has updated their modules to the latest versions in FDRS also notice this hands free driving license in the about menu in their Sync? Is everyone’s showing the same?
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 2
No, mine isn't showing that.
That aint very long. Should be 3 years once you get it. Possibly 1 free year as well.

:unsure:

Keep in mind he's in Canada though. I'm pretty sure 'hands-free-driving' was initially advertised as 1-year free trial up here with the prep kit option before it was issued the name Blue Cruise, had its price announced and free trial restructured to match the USA. When I bought my truck the initial info I had was that hands-free-driving would be extremely limited to a few sections of the TransCanada and cost $600/year. The appeal for Canadian buyers to add the prep-kit to early 14-Gen builds was slim to none. A lot has changed since.

The licensing is probably structured different per region... Eh!

My guess is the R&D department isn't keeping up with the marketing team as usual. There may be a part of the GUI in Sync 4 that displays this licence info depending on what region is configured in the APIM just like the glare free adaptive headlight menus. Time should tell when we can start comparing more Blue Cruise enabled Canadian vehicles and further updates roll out.

I don't think there's anything to worry about with this. I wouldn't be surprised if a future update removes this from his Sync 4 about page or adds something similar for the rest of you.

The obvious clue here is that his Sync 4 shows "hands-free-drving" instead of 'Blue-Cruise' which the mothership has been obsessively marketing since it got its brand name change. I'm leaning towards this being an old GUI element that was enabled by mistake on APIMs regionally configured for Canada.

Last edited:

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Whelp, 3hrs and 10 mins updating with the mongoose. Up to block 3 or 4 of ipma module F122… ugh! Hope last block goes fast.
Wish I had a ?and ? ??

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
For the people that got their Mongoose adapters, what all was in the box when it arrived? Also, when you installed the drivers and activated the device, what type of screen did you get after starting the activation process?

I'm pretty sure that my "new" adapter was a returned used adapter from Amazon. The seal on the box was already cut and half of the sticker is missing. There was the cable, connected to the adapter in the box with no plastic or anything and a card for installation and support in the box. The adapter looks like it was used once (minor scuffs on the USB plug and OBDII end), and the activation screen after installation of the drivers said it was already activated. It seems to be working, but if I did get a used one, I'm going to complain to Amazon and get some money back. I paid for a new one, not a lightly used or refurbished one.

Jaug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
For the people that got their Mongoose adapters, what all was in the box when it arrived? Also, when you installed the drivers and activated the device, what type of screen did you get after starting the activation process?

I'm pretty sure that my "new" adapter was a returned used adapter from Amazon. The seal on the box was already cut and half of the sticker is missing. There was the cable, connected to the adapter in the box with no plastic or anything and a card for installation and support in the box. The adapter looks like it was used once (minor scuffs on the USB plug and OBDII end), and the activation screen after installation of the drivers said it was already activated. It seems to be working, but if I did get a used one, I'm going to complain to Amazon and get some money back. I paid for a new one, not a lightly used or refurbished one.
Same experience with Amazon. I am guessing mine was a return also.

Sponsored

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150

Honestly didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary with mine. It was just the adaptor, cable and small card in my Mongoose box. Lots of room for it to move around in the box though so I could see how some of them may appear used (scuffed) just from shipping/handling.

Most important thing is it works!

Sponsored

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Does everyone who has recently updated their IPMA have the same values as below in the AB data? Also what did you use? Mongoose or Ford VCM?

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS C0ABD59F-EA72-4B92-8F31-4222D024A7CF

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
Well crap...my IPMA failed it's update some point after 70% in the big block 1 of 2 portion of the update. No clue why. Voltage is at 13. Trying again (using a Mongoose)....

Failed again...Now I'm getting this:

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Capture.PNG

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Well crap...my IPMA failed it's update some point after 70% in the big block 1 of 2 portion of the update. No clue why. Voltage is at 13. Trying again (using a Mongoose)....
Did your PC go to sleep? I had one do that and afterwards I turned off any power management so it never goes to sleep and never turns off the display. Haven’t had a problem since.

DeltaDeuce

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost 701A High

Same. I agree with the others though. It’s working so all good!

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
Did your PC go to sleep? I had one do that and afterwards I turned off any power management so it never goes to sleep and never turns off the display. Haven’t had a problem since.
Nope...power management is disabled and the laptop is connected to power.

My BCM is showing up as purple now, but my IPMA is green even though it failed during it's update. Not sure what module I should run the PMI on. Anyone have any suggestions????
Sponsored