• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jtake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
So my running boards have not been working since updating the DSM. I followed the suggestion from Platinum Peasant and looked at the running board entry in the DSM using Forscan, and saw that it was disabled -- 00. I redid the entry to 01, saved it, and voila, my running boards started working again!

Great sleuthing Platinum Peasant!

My power running boards are not moving anymore either. I did the PMI as both original and new, unplugged the battery for a few hours and tried again, even tried unplugging the running boards and completely unplugging the DSM for some time and trying it all again. Nothing seems to work. When I unplugged the DSM tho, i did get a POWER RUNNING BOARD FAULT message on the IPC. Goes away once you plug it back in. I think side loading firmware is the only solution at this point as @Jesse-Infotainment mentioned. That or go play dumb at your local dealer, something I don't really wanna do.

EDIT: I got them back alive! I went into Forscan, DSM module, went to line 744-23-02 and changed **xx-xxxx to 00 (configured them to NOT present). Saved the changes. Then went and changed it back to 01 (as built) and saved it. They came back alive instantly!
Sponsored

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
https://forscan.org/faq.html#qlic1

"FORScan for Windows is distributed under Standard License that has no configuration and programming functions, as well as some service functions. These functions become available after installing Extended License."
Are you not aware you can get the free 2 month extended license as many times as you want??? That’s even the forscan developers current recommendation for use of the program. That’s been available since the beginning of development and the paid versions have only been around for about a year.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
So my running boards have not been working since updating the DSM. I followed the suggestion from Platinum Peasant and looked at the running board entry in the DSM using Forscan, and saw that it was disabled -- 00. I redid the entry to 01, saved it, and voila, my running boards started working again!

Great sleuthing Platinum Peasant!
Glad to help!

I know one of the complaints with the 21’ MY F150 was the power running boards being too loud. After having mine dead for 3 days, they sound just so good to me ????

jtake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I also was able to clear my IPC DTC.

I had the U2100 incomplete configuration where I could not PMI it as I kept getting an unsuccessful GetFilesForPMI due to an exception getting flash files.

After several days, I redid the IPC configuration and that went through successfully when before I received errors. A self-test went successfully green, and the DTC was cleared!

Now just waiting for further APIM updates to move closer to BC!

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum - Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Software Sales
Just ordered my Mongoose and battery tender from Amazon. Should all be here in a cpl days. Wish me luck!

Sponsored

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Are you not aware you can get the free 2 month extended license as many times as you want??? That’s even the forscan developers current recommendation for use of the program. That’s been available since the beginning of development and the paid versions have only been around for about a year.
There were paid licenses way more than a year ago. That being said, I thought that the 2 month license was gated by machine GUID or equivalent. Good to know that it's not gated that way.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
There were paid licenses way more than a year ago. That being said, I thought that the 2 month license was gated by machine GUID or equivalent. Good to know that it's not gated that way.
Agreed, it's been out a few years. The 2-month is locked to hardware ID of your computer but you're not locked out of doing changes to your AsBuilt values.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
you need to do 360 camera alignment. you also need to stay in specific speeds (i did ~10mph). the car will show 100% but FDRS will take roughly double the distance. I did it on a short 1/4 mi road that i drove up and down 5-6 times and now i'm good to go.
Thanks, the 360-camera calibration did restore reverse brake assist.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Finally got the FP notification for BC in the app and on the web dashboard. Ran the GWM and TCU. But under General>About, the date was not updated to the date in the FP app. Any ideas?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
This post is for those that show up to this thread and have not had the good fortune of living it in real time and as a result might get the impression that this is all hit&miss.

It's not. It's so much more successful than that. Every obstacle that has popped up has eventually, and usually pretty quickly, been overcome.

It's simply amazing how many folks have updated so many modules on so many trucks and when an uhoh pops up, the collective find a solution.

Don't be intimidated. Follow the directions, that are generously being updated, and enjoy the truck you purchased the way it should be.

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
This post is for those that show up to this thread and have not had the good fortune of living it in real time and as a result might get the impression that this is all hit&miss.

It's not. It's so much more successful than that. Every obstacle that has popped up has eventually, and usually pretty quickly, been overcome.

It's simply amazing how many folks have updated so many modules on so many trucks and when an uhoh pops up, the collective find a solution.

Don't be intimidated. Follow the directions, that are generously being updated, and enjoy the truck you purchased the way it should be.
Did your date update in your about screen?

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Finally got the FP notification for BC in the app and on the web dashboard. Ran the GWM and TCU. But under General>About, the date was not updated to the date in the FP app. Any ideas?
My BC updated yesterday and the Sync About Menu is showing hands free valid until 10-09-2022. FP shows my subscription as accurate and shows 3-21-2023. Hopefully the expiration in Sync updates accordingly.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
My BC updated yesterday and the Sync About Menu is showing hands free valid until 10-09-2022. FP shows my subscription as accurate and shows 3-21-2023. Hopefully the expiration in Sync updates accordingly.
I'm betting you aren't going to fret or worry about it for some time to come, right? :)

I sure wouldn't. At some point you gotta just enjoy what they say you couldn't, yet.

Congrats

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I got the BC FP notification, I see it in the Sync settings, but have yet to try it. Not sure which step I am at in the updates but hopefully the newer updates show up in FDRS soon for me!

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
I'm betting you aren't going to fret or worry about it for some time to come, right? :)

I sure wouldn't. At some point you gotta just enjoy what they say you couldn't, yet.

Congrats
I'll start worrying on 10-08-2022 :) I'm curious to where it got that date from though.

Its working great so far!
Sponsored

Last edited: