• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
I’ve had my Powerboost on most of the day waiting for APIM USB to kick. This while I work on the honey-do list and check the screen for the message (no way the wife is going to let me sit in my truck all day and “play around”?)

No luck on the update. Interestingly, however, the PB is on and I still have the power supply hooked up in PS mode and the ICE hasn’t fired since I first turned it on. Guess the supply is good enough to run the systems (lights and HVAC are off)
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment, Is there a way to reinitiate the IPC update? My whole update was over CAN, never an option for USB during the install. It took about 6.5 hrs as most here have been saying to complete. I do not recall any DTC's after update.
I am still trying to figure out what the correct files are for the 8”

I need someone with an xlt that has updated all modules to the latest to pull their info and show us

mince I confirm what files are needed I can then decide a path of action.

map if anyone has an xlt 8” that has had all apim updates and gateway updates and their apim is at 22034 please go to fdrs

show us what files are there for you cluster

20ecoboost21

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 tremor
Say I made changes in the BCM, IPC, and APIM with Forscan and want to revert back to stock but didn't save the stock files. Is there a way to revert back to stock? I'm still having issues where the GWM won't update even though I'm getting the USB update successful message. I'm thinking maybe the Forscan changes may be interfering but not 100% sure. Here's my software part #'s if this helps.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220325_190345

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220325_190400

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
@20ecoboost21

You GWM looks very similar to where my IPC got stuck. A MU5T number in one column and a ML3T in the other column. In theory a PMI should be able to correct this by wiping the whole thing away and restoring a last know good configuration, but unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the way and PMI really works in FDRS. I'm not sure what the solution is, but based on my experience that is what you need to be troubleshooting.

If you didn't take backups of your as-built before you started ForScan changes this it will be very hard to put things back like they were. The how-to guide in the forum walks you through making the backups, and I keep mine stored in about 4 spots in case I ever need them.

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
@Jesse-Infotainment, Is there a way to reinitiate the IPC update? My whole update was over CAN, never an option for USB during the install. It took about 6.5 hrs as most here have been saying to complete. I do not recall any DTC's after update.
Yes same for me on IPC. Why re-initiate it though mine seems updated ok.

Just need to figure out how to start getting past 21281 now…

*Edit ah just saw @Jesse-Infotainment latest and seems like a bunch of us all stuck here so if any XLT guys fully updated can help ?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Say I made changes in the BCM, IPC, and APIM with Forscan and want to revert back to stock but didn't save the stock files. Is there a way to revert back to stock? I'm still having issues where the GWM won't update even though I'm getting the USB update successful message. I'm thinking maybe the Forscan changes may be interfering but not 100% sure. Here's my software part #'s if this helps.

20220325_190345.jpg

20220325_190400.jpg
If you’re having issue with usb you can fail it and say no it was not successful and force a canbus update on the gateway.

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum - Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Software Sales
If you’re having issue with usb you can fail it and say no it was not successful and force a canbus update on the gateway.
This is what I did to get past the TCU update. It took forever but it passes.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
If ive never had any apim updates, theoretically my original as built files from months ago should still be safe to revert back to right? I think my only change to the apim that i can remember was the automatic heated seats and global windows. I just dont remember the original values. How can i find my original as built files in forscan? Im pretty sure i did a backup before making changes i just dont know where i saved it to.

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Sales
Ok ... When I started I had tons of updates. Sorry forgot to screenshot or count before diving in. After banging my head on my steering wheel for the better part of the last 24 hours, I have gotten them all updated ... minus one that completes but never seems to go away.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS loneupdate

Now that I am done I am experiencing 2 issues (in FDRS ... not impacting anything that I can tell in the truck): ICM
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS icmfail

and CMR: again ... all cameras and lights working fine.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS cmrfail

Also, even after all of that GWM and APIM updating ... I am still on SYNC 2.1 (BIG SADFACE).

Any idea how I can clear these issues and maybe shake loose any other sync updates? Note that my truck was literally one of the first off the lines as I bought it in 12/2020. full prep package.

Thanks

Sponsored

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Sales
For reference: here are my sync version screens:
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS PXL_20220327_014516412
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS PXL_20220327_014454809

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok ... When I started I had tons of updates. Sorry forgot to screenshot or count before diving in. After banging my head on my steering wheel for the better part of the last 24 hours, I have gotten them all updated ... minus one that completes but never seems to go away.

loneupdate.png

Now that I am done I am experiencing 2 issues (in FDRS ... not impacting anything that I can tell in the truck): ICM
icmfail.png

cmrfail.png

Also, even after all of that GWM and APIM updating ... I am still on SYNC 2.1 (BIG SADFACE).

Any idea how I can clear these issues and maybe shake loose any other sync updates? Note that my truck was literally one of the first off the lines as I bought it in 12/2020. full prep package.

Thanks
You have the same issue as the others with the update not completing.

Need to see what your files are. do a network scan go to IPC see what files are actually loaded.

When you go to FDRS and it shows the list of modules select the IPC and scroll down and show what the files are.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng

loneupdate.png

icmfail.png

cmrfail.png

Thanks
this is EXACTLY where I got stuck. You will need help from someone who can side load your IPC. Be patient and hope they reach out to you.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Can you send me your VIN so I can check something?

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I don't recall seeing this in earlier posts, but just a little something I discovered tonight.

For those of you who have BlueCruise hardware, are fully updated, but your truck does NOT kick into blue cruise on the freeway: check your connectivity settings!

I had bluecruise after all the updates, but reset my APIM and sync system when diagnosing camera issues with Jesse. For the last day, BlueCruise wouldn't kick in despite proper cruise settings being set. Once I flipped everything to ON under connectivity, I got a FP app alert that my BlueCruise was now ready (second time getting this alert). Bam, BlueCruise worked flawlessly!

Hope this helps!
Sponsored