• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Supercharger Membership Launched @ $12.99 / month. First video of Lightning charging at Supercharger CCS Magic Dock

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
The "wrong" side vehicles can park next to each other and only waste one spot per row.

Gas pumps aren't always 100% utilized either when the mix of left-side/right-side cars is off.

It's going to be ok.
Do you honestly think people will care about paying attention not to block more stalls? That's not going to happen. Your gas station analogy doesn't quite apply here. It rarely happens that you will get blocked to use a gas station stall because of poor utilization but even if it does, it will only take few mins, here you are talking about waiting 30-40 mins if there is poor utilization. Unless they come up with a solution, no it's not going to be ok.
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Do you honestly think people will care about paying attention not to block more stalls? That's not going to happen. Your gas station analogy doesn't quite apply here. It rarely happens that you will get blocked to use a gas station stall because of poor utilization but even if it does, it will only take few mins, here you are talking about waiting 30-40 mins if there is poor utilization. Unless they come up with a solution, no it's not going to be ok.
I can't tell you how many times I've backed into a gas station stall because there everyone else was lined up to use the same side...

But perhaps I'm an old fart who has grown to appreciate Costco and their extra long hoses because back in my day...

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
its been like 4 hours. Give them a little time. They have installed them at units near the Supercharger factory and not far from their California factory. They will probably run those sites for a while to be sure there arenā€™t any problems before rolling them out to the rest of the country.
If anything, I have confidence in Tesla to swap quickly. It's minimal capital cost for a steady revenue stream.

Charging outside isn't any cheaper than gas, but 80% of my charging is at home where it is. Having the Tesla network at least doubles the amount of accessible chargers in my area with 10x the reliability. The ones by me also aren't all that overloaded so as a Tesla owner, I don't mind all that much.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I feel that Tesla Owners arenā€™t happy their own big advantage has been takenā€¦ā€¦.but itā€™s going to be alright.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I recently drove through Breezewood and not one of a dozen SC at Sheetz and Dunkin were being used. If any of these are updated for CCS the pricing will have to be competitive with 4 EA at Bedford (which are usually idle).

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Even with EA & EVGo chargers I use, I still will block a neighboring stall because the charge cable is on the opposite side.

Here is my recent charge at EA - notice I am parked in a no parking zone because the charging stall is head in and the cable is too far away.

Patience....
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger Membership Launched @ $12.99 / month. First video of Lightning charging at Supercharger CCS Magic Dock IMG_0190.JPG

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
12.99 a month is a bit steep for me. I'd like to eventually use the SC that's in west El Paso as it's closer to where I visit than the EA stations on the other side of the city. But that's about the only time I'd use it. Will be watching progress to see what, if any, adjustments Tesla makes.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
If there's more non-teslas at a supercharger at some point, the tesla is the one taking up two spaces lmao

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
12.99 a month is a bit steep for me. I'd like to eventually use the SC that's in west El Paso as it's closer to where I visit than the EA stations on the other side of the city. But that's about the only time I'd use it. Will be watching progress to see what, if any, adjustments Tesla makes.
You donā€™t have to pay for the membership, it only gets you a discount. If you only use the Tesla chargers occasionally then membership doesnā€™t make sense. The break even is about 130 kWh per month.

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
Even with EA & EVGo chargers I use, I still will block a neighboring stall because the charge cable is on the opposite side.

Here is my recent charge at EA - notice I am parked in a no parking zone because the charging stall is head in and the cable is too far away.

Patience....
IMG_0190.JPG
The concern is, this design will make the most reliable charging network in US unreliable just like EA network. EA sucks big time and this is one of the reasons. Pulling into a charging station thinking its available to figure out it actually isn't while traveling is not something any of us want to endure. All I am saying is, Tesla is rushing this to get the money from the government. If they keep this design, there is no way they can implement this to busy locations. It will only stay in these remote locations no one is using anyways and other EV owners can go there to make youtube videos to show how cool it is.

Sponsored

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
.......... Trophy husband
This is like eating out instead of eating at home. Of course it's more expensive; if you *need to* and can afford to, you don't really think twice about it. If it's an issue for you, make your own at home.

$0.06/kw off-peak at home for me means I won't be filling at Chez Elon unless I'm road tripping, but I don't expect the menu pricing to reflect my home realities either when I do!

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
That Rocks! I had a tesla for 6 years (with lifetime charging) but needed a truck - CCS level 3 in Canada absolute crap, get those here asap $.52 will be min $ .75 Canadian, so donā€™t complain folks
Hey Crimnl, How's your 23 Lightning working out. Mine was built late Jan but now held up "in transit" due to the battery issue at Rouge. So now I'm hesitant about taking delivery? I have a Model Y so maybe with my Tesla subscription already I'm hoping to get the same rate $0.43/Kwh at the Collingwood location. Have you charged your Lightning there?

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
The concern is, this design will make the most reliable charging network in US unreliable just like EA network. EA sucks big time and this is one of the reasons. Pulling into a charging station thinking its available to figure out it actually isn't while traveling is not something any of us want to endure. All I am saying is, Tesla is rushing this to get the money from the government. If they keep this design, there is no way they can implement this to busy locations. It will only stay in these remote locations no one is using anyways and other EV owners can go there to make youtube videos to show how cool it is.
That's why this is at lightly used locations to start. Newer installations have more room or spaces on both sides, feedback will help guide tesla on what to do to fix it, either bigger spaces, every-other space, longer cables... the options are endless to fix this hypothetical situation.

Last edited:

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I feel that Tesla Owners arenā€™t happy their own big advantage has been takenā€¦ā€¦.but itā€™s going to be alright.
I feel like more Tesla owners, especially those in households expanding to two EVs, will start driving non-Teslas. It's kinda nice not having all your eggs in one manufacturer's basket. This just makes it easier for everyone, my guess is this move will largely be praised, and it should be!