Sponsored

BeefLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SR
Another success to report here! Wrapped everything up last night with the help of this and some other threads around the internet, although this was obviously the most helpful. Thanks to everyone who put in the time and effort! I’ll try and include some helpful notes I found along the way

First off, 2022 XLT Equipment Group 302A built 05/22. Previously made some software changes (glare free lights, rain sensors), but nothing major.

I tested and confirmed I had wiring from the IPMA to C265, but missing the 4 CCM wires from C265 to C134. I had already ordered the harness and liked the idea of preserving the IP rating and single point of disconnect for the bumper too, but the plugs were a bit of a pain so I certainly don’t blame anyone who wants to go straight to the IPMA though lol. Although I’ve read it‘s possible, I don’t see how to mount the CCM without removing the bumper completely without switching up some mounting hardware so at that point might as well just stick with the factory connector and get the harness regardless of where you go from there imo.

Parts list is the same as what Brotato used In post 1. I re-pinned the male side of C134 at the bumper using Molex WM14271CT-ND from DigiKey and ran the same wire through the same spot in the firewall that Zach did here. I did this before his video but that does a way better job explaining the connector.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 6A74DFA9-473A-4CF3-A25E-78AC8A95230C

The male side of 265 looks like a pain, and I didn’t have the right pins to crimp the wires into the female side, so instead I de-pinned the 4 wires from the female side and used some inline wagos. 221s fit the whole pin lol. Will probably redo that with the actual pins next time I’m under the dash. Didn’t have to unmount the FHCM, but did unplug the cables going to it to allow for much more slack while working with C265.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 79E42452-9DDE-4F88-BB9D-C1B276B96728

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT D4BA103C-803F-4294-8C84-E82A70017E3D

Only other thing I would add from the original post is that you need to make a change in the IPMA to send power to CCM before you will see the module populate.

706-02-02 x**x xxxx xx--(04 to 05)

^^ needs to happen in the first few steps before rescanning for modules and the step where you input the screenshotted values into the CCM. I think another poster mentioned it on here since too, so maybe I skimmed too fast bit that was the only part that wasn’t obvious to me at first.

Calibration took two tries for me, but I think I clicked through too fast the first one and received a weird message. Forgot to save it. Second time went smoothly. What worked: full reboot of the truck, connect forscan, run CCM calibration procedure. You click ok on the first screen, then the same on the second screen that outlines the procedure. Yes you drive around with the laptop on and connected. Then it says the progress bar will monitor the progress. It lies. Reached 99% within a minute or two of driving over 30mph. Stayed there for another 10+ after that. Just keep driving. The message on the instrument cluster screen will disappear on its own. Even after that, Forscan stayed at 99% until I came to a stop, but as soon as the warning message disappeared, I had full ACC/centering/traffic sign/everything else. After I parked, then the laptop said success.

Hope that’s helpful if anyone else is on the fence. Maybe 6 hours total for me, but I was being OCD about some stuff along the way.

Thanks again everyone!
Sponsored

Last edited:

pdxmadman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat Extended Range, Rapid Red
Success!
@steveje and I have been working on this and I finally got it working last night.

As I mentioned earlier we both discovered we were missing the wiring between C134 (Main Front Bumper Level Lock Connector) and C265 (Passenger Kickpanel 50+pin Lever Lock Connector)
1680968819617.png

So since I'd already installed the bumper harness, I decided to go full OCD on the missing piece and match the factory wiring color scheme and maintain the IP rating and connectivity of C134.

Here are the pins I ordered:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0194170028/3183227

Here is the wire I ordered:
https://4rcustomswire.com/products/20-gauge-txl-wire-6-striped-colors-each-25-foot-long

I did all this post bumper off work. Once the backup/PAWS speaker is removed you can easily get to C134 with one hand and work the lever to unhook it and bring it into the frunk bay for pin work. For the backup/PAWS speaker removal I've been using a 1000Ohm resistor since the week I got the truck, but after removing it during this job and discovering that it's just a 4Ohm speaker I discovered you can replace it with a Ford Injector and get the IP rating of the connector back :)
1680969255683.png

So, here is a video of how to add the pins to C134:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CCwe7fXHhBoCezgz7

Here is where I went through the firewall:
1680969426744.png

And here is the final splice to the factory pins I extracted from C265:
1680969497247.png

If you're following Jason's original post just know that you will not receive power to the CCM until you execute the IMPA changes as that module supplies power directly to the CCM. You can basically execute all module changes except the VIN -> CCM, then you can rediscover and find the module.

Also, make sure you don't forget to level the vertical of the CCM:
1680969705803.png

and clear all DTCs before attempting to calibrate the horizontal in FORScan.

Good times:
1680969742332.png
What did you guys use to wrap the wires through the frunk? I purchased a shrink wrap tube, 1/4 inch, 20 feet, but it was not wide enough for all of the wires, plus it has some adhesive inside. Couldn't feed the wires.

Did you use some sort of tape to wrap them, or is this a shrink wrap sleeve of some sort. Hope this isn't too stupid of a question.

Thanks.

Jasontn316

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
What did you guys use to wrap the wires through the frunk? I purchased a shrink wrap tube, 1/4 inch, 20 feet, but it was not wide enough for all of the wires, plus it has some adhesive inside. Couldn't feed the wires.

Did you use some sort of tape to wrap them, or is this a shrink wrap sleeve of some sort. Hope this isn't too stupid of a question.

Thanks.
Amazon sells harness tape made of fabric. Tesa's Most Advanced High Heat Harness Tape 51036 Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW https://a.co/d/6ZigS0P

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Great write up and congratulations. yeah, the WAGOs I used as well could accept the entire female pin from 265, LOL. I also found that a little funny, but awesome. I love the heat shrink you put over the WAGOs, Great job on that. I just zip tied mine very securely where it couldn't touch anything, but left them exposed.

Thanks for posting the idiosyncrasies of calibration with FORScan. I wish I had that during my experience, I also drove around at 99% for a while and canceled mine several times because I thought there was an issue. Finally after clearing DTCs, and doing it several times it completed fairly quickly, but I probably could have just let it go the first time for an unreasonable amount of time stuck on 99%.

Great to hear I'm not the only one with OCD. Being OCD on a truck you own is part of your love for the truck and job. Nothing wrong with that 🤗.

Last edited:

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
I'm working my way through the FORSCAN changes and had a question. For the CCM section, it says to "Connect to the CCM module and input those values into these spaces."

What values are you talking about changing? I have the screen shots of the values from the IPMA, but I'm not sure if I should be replacing the "xxxx xxx" or the "--" in the CCM from the IPMA.

Sponsored

Jasontn316

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm working my way through the FORSCAN changes and had a question. For the CCM section, it says to "Connect to the CCM module and input those values into these spaces."

What values are you talking about changing? I have the screen shots of the values from the IPMA, but I'm not sure if I should be replacing the "xxxx xxx" or the "--" in the CCM from the IPMA.
It is the first X characters composed of the screenshot settings. If the screenshot is 1234 and the CCM screen is 987654 it calls for XXX** it becomes 123454.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It is the first X characters composed of the screenshot settings. If the screenshot is 1234 and the CCM screen is 987654 it calls for XXX** it becomes 123454.
Thank you! That worked.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was able to get everything changed in forscan. No issues with it not seeing the CCM, but now it will not calibrate. I start the calibration process and it just stays at 0%. I've driven for 20+ minutes over 30mph with cars in front and it doesn't go past 0%. I restarted the truck twice and still it won't budge.

That said, I do have 2 faults that may have something to do with it... I have not been able to clear two DTC faults:

- CCM U3002 (Vehicle Identification Number)
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_8502
-

-CCM B1433 (Forward Looking Sensor Alignment)
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_8501

Anyone have a similar experience or any ideas?

Jasontn316

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I was able to get everything changed in forscan. No issues with it not seeing the CCM, but now it will not calibrate. I start the calibration process and it just stays at 0%. I've driven for 20+ minutes over 30mph with cars in front and it doesn't go past 0%. I restarted the truck twice and still it won't budge.

That said, I do have 2 faults that may have something to do with it... I have not been able to clear two DTC faults:

- CCM U3002 (Vehicle Identification Number)
IMG_8502.jpg
-

-CCM B1433 (Forward Looking Sensor Alignment)
IMG_8501.jpg

Anyone have a similar experience or any ideas?
I had to program my CCM twice. Try resetting it under the same menu and double check your settings.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had to program my CCM twice. Try resetting it under the same menu and double check your settings.
Thank you, that did it. I found an error in my values that was causing the issue.

I was able to calibrate successfully, no more errors on the dash. YAY! Now when trying to engage ACC I get an error on the dash that says "Adaptive Cruise Control not available". I've tried on different roads, with different speed limits. With cars in front of me, without cars in front of me and the result is the same.

I do have one error in the DTC related to not having the right stock and enabling automatic wipers. Could this have something to do with it? It's in the BCCM module I believe.
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_8505

Anyone else have this issue, or any tips to make it work? I appears as though everything else is working(see attachment). So I'm not sure where the issue lies.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_8506

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jasontn316

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Thank you, that did it. I found an error in my values that was causing the issue.

I was able to calibrate successfully, no more errors on the dash. YAY! Now when trying to engage ACC I get an error on the dash that says "Adaptive Cruise Control not available". I've tried on different roads, with different speed limits. With cars in front of me, without cars in front of me and the result is the same.

I do have one error in the DTC related to not having the right stock and enabling automatic wipers. Could this have something to do with it? It's in the BCCM module I believe.
IMG_8505.jpg

Anyone else have this issue, or any tips to make it work? I appears as though everything else is working(see attachment). So I'm not sure where the issue lies.

IMG_8506.jpg
Yep, same exact message that made me reset my CCM and try again.

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
I'm interested in adding ACC to my 23 pro. Has anyone made any progress to their 23 pro?

I'm also confused about why people need to add lane keeping alert. My 23 pro already comes with lane keep alert and assist. Did the 2022 lightnings not come with that from the factory?

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

IMG_8505.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg
Update: It works!!

I ran out of time yesterday, so I had to stop before I got it working. This morning, I loaded my forscan setup in the frunk so I could mess with it further at my office. While driving to the office, I tried turning on ACC and it worked! I’m guessing it just needed a full reset. I used it on the 18 mile drive and it’s pretty solid. On the highway I had no issues. On some smaller side roads it definitely freaked out a couple times as the lane lines are nit

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT B5F2910A-FD73-40E1-BDDD-EC1F810C1E9D

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Update: It works!!

I ran out of time yesterday, so I had to stop before I got it working. This morning, I loaded my forscan setup in the frunk so I could mess with it further at my office. While driving to the office, I tried turning on ACC and it worked! I’m guessing it just needed a full reset. I used it on the 18 mile drive and it’s pretty solid. On the highway I had no issues. On some smaller side roads it definitely freaked out a couple times as the lane lines are nit

B5F2910A-FD73-40E1-BDDD-EC1F810C1E9D.jpeg
Congratulations!

Where did you get your steering wheel decal?

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yea, the firewall isn't meant to be penetrated easily :),, LOL,, literally. Just go back over the module configs and if you find no mistakes, please post exact values here of every module block mentioned in the DIY so we can help you troubleshoot. You prob. just have 1 nibble or byte wrong :)
Is there any fear that Ford will catch on to the DIY adaptive cruise and disable via future update? Maybe I'm dumb and don't get how the software works, but that is my biggest concern with this hack.
Sponsored