First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Last night I rode by the dealership to see what they had in the lot, 2 retail spec builds and one Special order that's not been taken as of yet, add to that the above special order.

Shorevet

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, GT500, Ranger, Corvette
Occupation
Retired
Ford has lost a loyal fan and customer. Since 2015: F150 Limited, GT500, Ranger, Bronco OB, Bronco Everglades and F150 Lightning. This was the last straw. Will take the loss on the Lightning when my Cyber Truck or Ram EV reservation comes due for order.

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Our dealer knocked $10K off the price wham.. but we missed the tax credit incentive because one too many options added. It was an ordered truck that the original client declined to pay for whatever reason. I was the 1st one on the salesperson's call list...

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Our dealer knocked $10K off the price wham.. but we missed the tax credit incentive because one too many options added. It was an ordered truck that the original client declined to pay for whatever reason. I was the 1st one on the salesperson's call list...
Are you sure there isn't a new sticker and MSRP for the truck you bought? I could be wrong, but thought someone said they were being reissued. Believe me, your dealer didn't just knock $10K off the truck, Ford has given them the new pricing and I thought that came in the form of the new MSRP and sticker.

Sponsored

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Are you sure there isn't a new sticker and MSRP for the truck you bought? I could be wrong, but thought someone said they were being reissued. Believe me, your dealer didn't just knock $10K off the truck, Ford has given them the new pricing and I thought that came in the form of the new MSRP and sticker.
I’ll inquire. As I don’t know. They did check the new MSRP during our negotiations and it came in at $650 over The threshold. The Lariat was optioned out. The guy who ordered it balked at the sale as he probably had hit economic w/business-work etc.

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
Ford has lost a loyal fan and customer. Since 2015: F150 Limited, GT500, Ranger, Bronco OB, Bronco Everglades and F150 Lightning. This was the last straw. Will take the loss on the Lightning when my Cyber Truck or Ram EV reservation comes due for order.
I 100% agree! @Ford Motor Company has lost a loyal customer with these shenanigans! If I had waited to make my reservation in the next wave, I would of saved a lot of money and qualified for the rebate. This is a bad business practice in my opinion for a company that says they value customer loyalty.

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
Well, I agree and I disagree with Ford. They are not clairvoyant. Demand was huge until it wasn't . Supply chain issues a pain until they were not. Inflation crazy until it has started to relax. And then they managed to expand their production capacity.

Now, they *could* have just kept to the initial low prices.... And had all sort of people criticize them for wasting money down the EV drain. So they raised prices several times to reflect what was happening in their own production. Now people are mad cause they lowered prices.

People on this forum are going to be a self selected few early adopters. Ford is gunning for a larger audience. They probably DO care that they screwed some early adopters out of 10k or so. But they also have their sights set on a larger goal.

Its been a hard few years to predict the future. I fear it won't get better soon or ever......

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Well, I agree and I disagree with Ford. They are not clairvoyant. Demand was huge until it wasn't . Supply chain issues a pain until they were not. Inflation crazy until it has started to relax. And then they managed to expand their production capacity.

Now, they *could* have just kept to the initial low prices.... And had all sort of people criticize them for wasting money down the EV drain. So they raised prices several times to reflect what was happening in their own production. Now people are mad cause they lowered prices.

People on this forum are going to be a self selected few early adopters. Ford is gunning for a larger audience. They probably DO care that they screwed some early adopters out of 10k or so. But they also have their sights set on a larger goal.

Its been a hard few years to predict the future. I fear it won't get better soon or ever......
Well stated and true.

Can't please everyone - some complained when prices went up and now the other way around.

It's a Tesla type model these days with EVs to stay competitive.

Burke Cable Guy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Painting Contractor
My XLT Extended range (321A) had a MSRP of $81,344 when ordered in May 2023; the truck arrived at the dealership today and the sticker price is listed as $72,565.00 plus title, tax and dealer fee. Plus the $7,500 federal rebate.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, F-150h, various others
Occupation
retired
My XLT Extended range (321A) had a MSRP of $81,344 when ordered in May 2023; the truck arrived at the dealership today and the sticker price is listed as $72,565.00 plus title, tax and dealer fee. Plus the $7,500 federal rebate.
what did you pay? I assume you received the $1500 customer cash.

Burke Cable Guy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Painting Contractor
Going to pick it up at the dealer today.....Yes, it should be eligible for the $1,500 rebate as well.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Being new to this whole game, figured it is worth an ask, since 23 MSRPs went down, is there any way for us high price owners to get our hands on a new sticker for the sake of the rebate?

Is that possible? Getting the federal rebate would be kind of nice and in my ignorance I don't think it would cost Ford anything. Call the difference a market adjustment or something.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Being new to this whole game, figured it is worth an ask, since 23 MSRPs went down, is there any way for us high price owners to get our hands on a new sticker for the sake of the rebate?

Is that possible? Getting the federal rebate would be kind of nice and in my ignorance I don't think it would cost Ford anything. Call the difference a market adjustment or something.
I don't think that's possible, but wouldn't it be nice if the MoCo gave rebate after the fact for those stuck in the donut hole created by the law change.
Sponsored