• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
Not to step on @Mike G 's toes or anything; I don't know if he has access to PTS to check the details for these kinds of things. A screenshot of your OTA dashboard is below. 4.2.2 shows that it installed successful back on 4/6; that is the APIM update you see close to the bottom of the list. 6.1.0 show it installed successfully on 10/17. On 10/26, you were sent 6.2.0 which PTS shows it failed to install, but there is no error code provided to give any insight as to why it actually failed. It is not the first time I see an update fail without an explanation as to why it failed. The OTA failed before the manifest was posted for your truck to verify the files are correct and start downloading them. As far as getting OTA's sent you goes, I don't see any reason for you to be concerned. I am sure 6.2.0 will get resent to you sooner than later.

1699369953140.png

Vehicle history shows several modules on your truck were updated on 9/29. Warranty history shows your truck was at the dealer around that time, so I assume the dealer did these updates. The modules that they updated are below. This is important to your concern because these module updates could very well be tied to certain OTA's that you will either a) no longer receive because you already have them or b) will fail if the OTA gets sent to you because you already have them.

1699370353057.png

Now, why your truck is saying that 4.2.2 failed after a Sync reset is beyond me. However, weird things happen. My own truck says the last update I got was 4.3.6 and PTS shows that it failed. That update is a PCM update which would have wiped out my tune had it gone through, so my truck saying 4.3.6 went through successfully is a lie. I have pulled the files from my trucks PCM to verify I still have the old strategy, so the update for sure did not go through. Personally, I would not stress the fact that your truck is saying that 4.2.2 failed now 6-7 months after it installed.
Is it possible to check is any modules have anomalies that might prevent updates? Ford OTA Team told me that my 23 Lariat ER never received an update - even at Ford. Mike G helped me out by indicating some updates were ready. If and when I contact my dealer want to be ready with actionable info.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Is it possible to check is any modules have anomalies that might prevent updates? Ford OTA Team told me that my 23 Lariat ER never received an update - even at Ford. Mike G helped me out by indicating some updates were ready. If and when I contact my dealer want to be ready with actionable info.
Thanks in advance.
Later builds of 23MY have not had any OTA sent out to them yet

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks in advance.
Short answer is yes...... there is a way to check if modules have bad configurations in them. However, it goes well beyond my and most people's scope of knowledge.

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
Short answer is yes...... there is a way to check if modules have bad configurations in them. However, it goes well beyond my and most people's scope of knowledge.
Thanks - just looking for any FRDS nuggets of info that may be helpful. If no 23 FL ERs with a blend date of 14AUG or later my situation make "sense"

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
........ I have had a few people PM me the VIN to see if the IPC update is pending for them in FDRS, and I have yet to come across one Lightning that has it. I think maybe Ford pulled that update to fix something.....I can't say for sure. I don't have any other logical reason as to why the IPC update isn't showing for so many trucks,......
Can you clarify what number the IPC update equates to? Was that 6.3 or some other release. It hasn't been talked about a lot, but there are two known bugs from the last group of updates - the Hey Ford no longer works and Alexa has disappeared. I'm not sure if these were related or totally different from the IPC.

Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Can you clarify what number the IPC update equates to? Was that 6.3 or some other release. It hasn't been talked about a lot, but there are two known bugs from the last group of updates - the Hey Ford no longer works and Alexa has disappeared. I'm not sure if these were related or totally different from the IPC.
Those are from 6.3 wish is APIM

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I am not sure. I haven't found a truck that has it yet to tie it to one of the updates. Those two features are most likely APIM features and not IPC. The update that gives you the charge percentage in numeral form on the instrument cluster seems to be what everyone wants. I would need the VIN of a truck that got it so I can pull the details in PTS.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I am not sure. I haven't found a truck that has it yet to tie it to one of the updates. Those two features are most likely APIM features and not IPC. The update that gives you the charge percentage in numeral form on the instrument cluster seems to be what everyone wants. I would need the VIN of a truck that got it so I can pull the details in PTS.
Thanks for continuing to help us - many of us have the battery percentage on the Dash. It came in the Priority Update 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM below back on July 13. You can use and check my VIN - 1FTVW1EV3NWG03253.

Do I have anything else sitting out there to install? I'm up to date from what is known - through 6.3.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks for continuing to help us - many of us have the battery percentage on the Dash. It came in the Priority Update 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM below back on July 13. You can use and check my VIN - 1FTVW1EV3NWG03253.

Do I have anything else sitting out there to install? I'm up to date from what is known - through 6.3.
As expected, it is an IPC update. It changes the files in both locations on the IPC. The fact that FDRS is not showing it for any truck I am checking sucks for those that want it.

In what is bitter/sweet news, you are the first truck I know of to be sent 6.4.0. It is the TCU update I've been seeing out there in FDRS. PTS shows it failed due to low SOC, but the way it failed is weird. The OTA trigger was for 14 days and it says it failed the same day it was sent.

When you can, check for updates in your truck's settings and lmk what it says. I suspect it may have gone through even though PTS says it failed.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1699408491380

Edit: Confirmed by Jesse it is the same software from the Mach E and ICE trucks.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Indeed 6.4 has downloaded, but failed to install. That time is when I got out to go vote and then to dinner.

I captured a new screen I have not seen before as I checked for the update, it states "Getting the latest status...." so this must be some of the improvements they've been making for SW updates. The truck is truly checking in to see what the latest is.

From there - my failed 6.4 SW, but oddly it starts with "Ford will make a new update available as soon as possible".

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS IMG_5292

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS IMG_5293

Sponsored

Tom M

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2022 Kia EV6 Wind
Occupation
Pilot, Instructor
Not to step on @Mike G 's toes or anything; I don't know if he has access to PTS to check the details for these kinds of things. A screenshot of your OTA dashboard is below. 4.2.2 shows that it installed successful back on 4/6; that is the APIM update you see close to the bottom of the list. 6.1.0 show it installed successfully on 10/17. On 10/26, you were sent 6.2.0 which PTS shows it failed to install, but there is no error code provided to give any insight as to why it actually failed. It is not the first time I see an update fail without an explanation as to why it failed. The OTA failed before the manifest was posted for your truck to verify the files are correct and start downloading them. As far as getting OTA's sent you goes, I don't see any reason for you to be concerned. I am sure 6.2.0 will get resent to you sooner than later.

1699369953140.png

Vehicle history shows several modules on your truck were updated on 9/29. Warranty history shows your truck was at the dealer around that time, so I assume the dealer did these updates. The modules that they updated are below. This is important to your concern because these module updates could very well be tied to certain OTA's that you will either a) no longer receive because you already have them or b) will fail if the OTA gets sent to you because you already have them.

1699370353057.png

Now, why your truck is saying that 4.2.2 failed after a Sync reset is beyond me. However, weird things happen. My own truck says the last update I got was 4.3.6 and PTS shows that it failed. That update is a PCM update which would have wiped out my tune had it gone through, so my truck saying 4.3.6 went through successfully is a lie. I have pulled the files from my trucks PCM to verify I still have the old strategy, so the update for sure did not go through. Personally, I would not stress the fact that your truck is saying that 4.2.2 failed now 6-7 months after it installed.
Thanks. Just to add some info. You are correct: the dealer completed 23B57 High Voltage Battery recall and frunk actuator replacement on 9/29/23. It states that BECM was updated.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Would you be willing to take a look at mine? I was really looking forward to the Apple Maps routing, and it’s kind of a bummer that it’s not showing up yet. I’m curious if this is something I need to hassle the dealer about.

VIN is 1FT6W1EVXNWG03643

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I'm also missing Priority Update 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM which included the battery % Is there anything you can see pending or missed on my 23' XLT?
VIN# 1FTVW1EL8PWG03685

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@TomB985 @theblunden No OTA's in your queue at this time in PTS. I can check FDRS, but it will be much later when I get home from work to my laptop. Mike may beat me to it between now and then, but if not, I will get that for you later.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Would you be willing to take a look at mine? I was really looking forward to the Apple Maps routing, and it’s kind of a bummer that it’s not showing up yet. I’m curious if this is something I need to hassle the dealer about.

VIN is 1FT6W1EVXNWG03643
List of modules pending updates for your truck is below. Based on your OTA history, the update you want is the APIM at the bottom of the list that would be the equivalent to 6.3.0.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1699486558660

I'm also missing Priority Update 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM which included the battery % Is there anything you can see pending or missed on my 23' XLT?
VIN# 1FTVW1EL8PWG03685
Your list is below. The update you are looking for is being sought after by many here, but I have yet to find an IPC update pending on any Lightning I have checked.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1699486781898
Sponsored