• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
This means it won't install. There was an error when it tried to install. This update will need to time out (15 days) and then it may retry.
Typically, that is the case. In this case, PTS is reporting a campaign final failure which means it already timed out.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Typically, that is the case. In this case, PTS is reporting a campaign final failure which means it already timed out.
Yes I see that now. Like the last powertrain update seems they have pulled it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I received this as well - and it appears to have installed fine - no errors.

I need to look at what this is supposed to have changed though.
Your Software Updates screen is showing 6.4.0 installed? o_O Care to share a screenshot?

Reactions: GDN

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
I would, but my truck is at the dealer right now getting all of the warranty work done! (Heated wheel, light bar, Battery module software update etc). But it did apply!

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I would, but my truck is at the dealer right now getting all of the warranty work done! (Heated wheel, light bar, Battery module software update etc). But it did apply!
I would ask you to check your messages in the Ford app but mine are always at least 48 hours behind. So likely would do no good.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Your Software Updates screen is showing 6.4.0 installed? o_O Care to share a screenshot?
This is what the release notes would say:

Group ID 1 - Ford Power-Up 6.4.0

Smart Changes

Refinements have been made to help improve connectivity.

Not much to go by. 4 of the 5 locations in the modules get updated including the strategy. It is the same TCU software as the Mach E.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
TCU updates are starting to pop up in FDRS for ICE trucks.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
So 6.3.0 is suspended and 6.4.0 is paused. I’m currently on 6.2.0 so I’m wondering if I’ll go straight to 6.4.0 or if another 6.3 version will come out in between.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So 6.3.0 is suspended and 6.4.0 is paused. I’m currently on 6.2.0 so I’m wondering if I’ll go straight to 6.4.0 or if another 6.3 version will come out in between.
My guess would be a roll up of all that's good / fixed from 6.3 & 6.4 as a 6.3.x and or 6.4.x release unless they want to cram it in with what is planned in 6.5.

Sponsored

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER 511a
Should I avoid doing my first set of FDRS updates right now because of this?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Should I avoid doing my first set of FDRS updates right now because of this?
Yours is a 2023. I am not well versed enough yet with the Lightnings to know if the 2023 trucks got the last round of TCU updates that came with the 4.x.x updates. If you did get those updates or if your truck was already built with those updates, then you can just update everything else except the TCU update and just wait for it to get to you via the OTA process.

I would do it, but that's just me. I like to live dangerously.

Reactions: GDN

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
Thoughts: We want these updates, especially if others are getting them, but we may need to just keep being patient and even be ready for that there may be a very high chance that if they do not work right, and updates cannot be rolled back, there may be too many trucks overwhelming the dealers or if not there, then along side of the road. ??

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thoughts, we want these updates, especially if others are getting them, but we may need to just keep being patient and even be ready for that there may be a very high chance that if they do not work right, and updates cannot be rolled back, there may be too many trucks overwhelming the dealers or if not there, then along side of the road. ??
This is the point of view I'm rolling with, though it's exciting to be the first on new updates, I'm comfortable with letting others get it sooner to find any missed issues during pre-roll out testing.

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
This is the point of view I'm rolling with, though it's exciting to be the first on new updates, I'm comfortable with letting others get it sooner to find any missed issues during pre-roll out testing.
I'm still waiting for the update which puts the truck at 50% power until you need full power and if you never need full power, the range anxiety for those that get it goes away and the Lightning now gets 4mi/kwh, the range goes to 524 for the ER, 131x4, and the trade-in value goes back to selling price when new. So no accelerated depreciation anxiety either. Try to keep them on the dealer showroom floors or the lots now. Any takers for testing? Shoot, just shut one of the electric motors down and there you have it. Probably not possible to be engineered, but the new EV RAM seems to be figuring out the main complaint(s).
Sponsored