F150 Lightning FORscan thread

peoples1234

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Volvo C40, 2023 Lightning ER
Mine was an issue with the adapter, same module. But it sounds like you have the right adapter. What version of FORScan are you using?
Sponsored

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Mine was an issue with the adapter, same module. But it sounds like you have the right adapter. What version of FORScan are you using?
The latest release on their site, v2.3.57. I even checked to make sure the adapter firmware is up-to-date.

peoples1234

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Volvo C40, 2023 Lightning ER
Did you try to change the IPMA through the plain english (not as built)? I think all the modules except for the HCM had plain english options. Just a thought, not sure if it would work.

Also, are you writing the individual sections or doing “write all”?

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Did you try to change the IPMA through the plain english (not as built)? I think all the modules except for the HCM had plain english options. Just a thought, not sure if it would work.

Also, are you writing the individual sections or doing “write all”?
I've tried both individual and the single section needed for the headlights. Do you know what option needs to be enabled for IPMA in plain english?

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
If you have the green A it worked. They need to be enabled in the setting menu on the truck screen. Then once you are out driving the truck needs to be going over 34mph and be on a dark road without street lights. Think like a back woods road.

Sponsored

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
If you have the green A it worked. They need to be enabled in the setting menu on the truck screen. Then once you are out driving the truck needs to be going over 34mph and be on a dark road without street lights. Think like a back woods road.
Except I know I didn't finish the procedure and I lose the bending function, so I don't think it's working.

I found the high beam option under IPMA normal text and set it to glare free headlights, failed at 8% just like when doing it manually. Not sure what else to try at this point.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I've been trying to get the glare-free headlights to work on my '23 Lariat ER but I am having an issue with the IPMA module failing at 8% every time. Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

I am using the OBDLink EX, every other module worked fine. It does show a green A on my dash, but it looks like the bending lights are gone and the high beams didnt activate once last night when I took a test drive.
Chances are you fat fingered something or the "English" updates may have changed something they shouldn't have. While they should be legit, the Forscan experts warn to stay away from and to modify the Hex Values in the As Built.

To say the least restore your back (that you should have taken before modifying the file) and save it. Then start over and make the changes suggested. Post number 1 has the correct info for Glare Free.

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Chances are you fat fingered something or the "English" updates may have changed something they shouldn't have. While they should be legit, the Forscan experts warn to stay away from and to modify the Hex Values in the As Built.

To say the least restore your back (that you should have taken before modifying the file) and save it. Then start over and make the changes suggested. Post number 1 has the correct info for Glare Free.
That’s not the case at all. As I’ve mentioned, I cannot write IPMA at all so no change ever went through; it cuts out at 8%. I do have a backup but that fails to write as well.

Sponsored

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Only other thing I would suggest would be to reach out to Forscan and let them know of the issue. They may have a beta version for you to use. You’ll have to pay for the license which is like $12.

CaseyCo

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Has there been anyone who got the propulsion sound to work in a Lariat yet?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Has there been anyone who got the propulsion sound to work in a Lariat yet?
No. And for the record, I never tried, but many have.

Flash

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Occupation
EE
Anybody know if there is a forscan setting that turns on the emergency brake (hand brake) automatically every time the car is put in park?

Even with a 2 degree slope on my driveway, the auto emergency brake does no engage. The only remedy is to open the door before I put the car into park as that is the only way I know how to manually engage the emergency brake but this seems silly.
Sponsored