Sponsored

Ford did not honor First Responder discount, Missing Ford Pass Rewards, Missing CSP

JZinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
I had trouble getting @Ford Motor Company to honor their First Responder discount. After registering as a first responder (Career Firefighter) on ID.me I received my eligibility certificate from Ford prior to purchasing and taking ownership of my 2023 Lightning Lariat ER. The dealer the said that the discount could not be applied with the $7500 Ford credit. However, the First Responder Eligible Vehicles website clearly shows the discount could be used with other discounts.

Additionally, I was supposed to receive 42,000 Pass Rewards and a Ford Charge Station Pro with the purchase of my Lariat ER on November 3rd. I have received neither of these as of today Saturday 9 December 2023. For some reason my Lariat ER did not come with a Mobile Power Cord($500) even though it was listed as standard equipment as part of the Extended Range 511A package on the @Ford Motor Company website. The 42000 Pass Rewards would have gone a long way towards the purchase of the Mobile Power Cord that I am now using as my primary charger. I have received no update from Sunrun or @Ford Motor Company as to when I can expect my charger. I was hoping to get the charger installed before the cold weather takes hold as I know I won't be able to rely on the Mobile Charging Cord to give me enough charge over night to tackle the next day.

In Summation, @Ford Motor Company didn't honor their First Responder Discount($500), Hasn't applied the 42,000 Pass Rewards to my account ($210), Hasn't sent the Charge Station Pro, and didn't supply the Mobile Charging Cord which I ended up purchasing($500). I have really enjoyed the Lightning Lariat ER up to this point but have been unimpressed with @Ford Motor Company Customer service.
Sponsored

Last edited:

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro; 2009 F-150 (SOLD); 2022 Bronco
It took a bit for the Ford Pass rewards to hit the account, I don't remember it being months but it wasn't instant, few weeks maybe? My Pro didn't come with a Charge Station Pro but I hear those are shipped out from SunRun after purchase and take some time as well. Is the Mobile Power cord listed on the window sticker? It could be selected or deselected during the ordering process.

OP
OP

JZinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
What does your dealer say? You bought the truck from them, not Ford.
Spoke with the Dealer and they said the First Responder discount could not be honored by them. They stated that Sunrun would be in contact with me about the CSP. They stated the points should have been applied to my account within a few weeks(it has now been five). They stated that the mobile power cord is a $500 option that is not standard with the Lariat Extended Range 511A package. The build site automatically adds this option which has caused some confusion.

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The Mobile Charger is NOT standard, it is an option. You should contact Ford about the First Responder discount. SunRun was shipping almost immediately and now seems to have a month plus long backlog. And points are awarded within days, not weeks, IF the dealership has the email address of your Ford.com account correctly in the system...

Sponsored
OP
OP

JZinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
The Mobile Charger is NOT standard, it is an option. You should contact Ford about the First Responder discount. SunRun was shipping almost immediately and now seems to have a month plus long backlog. And points are awarded within days, not weeks, IF the dealership has the email address of your Ford.com account correctly in the system...
Yes I know now that the mobile cord is not standard as I referred to in an earlier response. The dealer states they have had some confusion because the build site automatically elects this as an option when you build. Sunrun contacted me two weeks ago and stated they would contact me when they had a ship date. Nothing wrong with email address in the ford system either as this is how I've used all the connected services.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yes I know now that the mobile cord is not standard as I referred to in an earlier response. The dealer states they have had some confusion because the build site automatically elects this as an option when you build. Sunrun contacted me two weeks ago and stated they would contact me when they had a ship date. Nothing wrong with email address in the ford system either as this is how I've used all the connected services.
Make sure the dealer has marked the vehicle sold. I got my Pro charger in 6 days back in May. I got my points in 2.

OP
OP

JZinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Make sure the dealer has marked the vehicle sold. I got my Pro charger in 6 days back in May. I got my points in 2.
Thanks, I plan on following up with the dealer on Monday.

Dave70

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
When I bought my Lightning in October, I had my first responder $500 discount certificate I downloaded from the Ford website. My dealer showed me a computer screen, it showed every Ford vehicle except the Lightning qualified for the First responder discount. I don't know why they would exclude one vehicle in their entire lineup. I have messaged Ford inquiring why that is.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
@Ford Motor Company always just directs me back to the dealership - so they're worse than being of any help so far. 5+ weeks is normal for FordPass points to post. SunRun is 8 weeks or so. Main luck for you is getting 2 x $7500 - a lot of past buyers didn't get the Ford $7500. I paid $500 for a charger cord - crazy. Dealerships/FMC/customer service are toxic so far for many w/Lightnings.

Sponsored

KevinTisdale1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
retired
I had trouble getting @Ford Motor Company to honor their First Responder discount. After registering as a first responder (Career Firefighter) on ID.me I received my eligibility certificate from Ford prior to purchasing and taking ownership of my 2023 Lightning Lariat ER. The dealer the said that the discount could not be applied with the $7500 Ford credit. However, the First Responder Eligible Vehicles website clearly shows the discount could be used with other discounts.

Additionally, I was supposed to receive 42,000 Pass Rewards and a Ford Charge Station Pro with the purchase of my Lariat ER on November 3rd. I have received neither of these as of today Saturday 9 December 2023. For some reason my Lariat ER did not come with a Mobile Power Cord($500) even though it was listed as standard equipment as part of the Extended Range 511A package on the @Ford Motor Company website. The 42000 Pass Rewards would have gone a long way towards the purchase of the Mobile Power Cord that I am now using as my primary charger. I have received no update from Sunrun or @Ford Motor Company as to when I can expect my charger. I was hoping to get the charger installed before the cold weather takes hold as I know I won't be able to rely on the Mobile Charging Cord to give me enough charge over night to tackle the next day.

In Summation, @Ford Motor Company didn't honor their First Responder Discount($500), Hasn't applied the 42,000 Pass Rewards to my account ($210), Hasn't sent the Charge Station Pro, and didn't supply the Mobile Charging Cord which I ended up purchasing($500). I have really enjoyed the Lightning Lariat ER up to this point but have been unimpressed with @Ford Motor Company Customer service.
I understand. They didnt honor my military discount and I to have not received my charged

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Carpenter
Haven't gotten my rewards points either. Called the dealer twice and they promise to call back, but never do. Finally called the number in the Ford ap, and they said the dealer needs to report it as sold. Will try again this week.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
..... The dealer the said that the discount could not be applied with the $7500 Ford credit. However, the First Responder Eligible Vehicles website clearly shows the discount could be used with other discounts.
Was the $7500 a retail purchase discount that expired end of November ??