First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Pre-Order | Lightning Lariat ER Owner
Occupation
Software Developer & CEO - ADAS research and development for fun
Well my screen has become non responsive on the bottom row of quick select buttons, I have to reset ad it comes back. Also I have to select sport mode at each start up.
Unfortunately this was on purpose, there was a recall caused by this update and Ford reverted the changes that saved the drive mode setting. Basically, off-road mode turns off traction control/puts it into an off-road specific setting and it didn’t alert the driver that it was off when a new drive cycle started. It’s dumb.
Sponsored

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Still no one out there that has gotten 6.13.0 since before the holidays? I got 6.8.0 before Christmas and was hoping for 6.13.0 to come shortly after.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Still no one out there that has gotten 6.13.0 since before the holidays? I got 6.8.0 before Christmas and was hoping for 6.13.0 to come shortly after.
Patiently waiting........

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Unfortunately this was on purpose, there was a recall caused by this update and Ford reverted the changes that saved the drive mode setting. Basically, off-road mode turns off traction control/puts it into an off-road specific setting and it didn’t alert the driver that it was off when a new drive cycle started. It’s dumb.
I just received a recall notice for a software update, it says to go in for this update.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Still waiting for 6.1 here. Seems like Ford will reveal T3 before it starts rolling out to the rest of us.

Sponsored

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Antimatter Blue
I received 6.13 before Christmas.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
6.8 on 12/20. Nothing since.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
I won't keep BC after the trial ends, but until 02/2026 I remain interested. Not a lot of well mapped highway up here, and what there is, I don't use on a daily basis. Dang almost a year gone by.

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I won't keep BC after the trial ends, but until 02/2026 I remain interested. Not a lot of well mapped highway up here, and what there is, I don't use on a daily basis. Dang almost a year gone by.
Same, no plans to subscribe beyond the free trial. Not worth it for as little as I'd use it.

Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
My 1 year truck anniversary is today so I got an email from Ford with a survey asking how it's going. I put in there that in one year's time for a subscription based service I'd expect updates to BC.

Does anyone know if a single road has been added anywhere in all of last year? If it's the same case on 1/4/26, yea I won't be subscribing either!

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
The other thing about the Ford Experience, besides the putative subscription price of stuff like Blue Cruise, is the continually announced OTA update schedules that are never met and poor information on update availability for your truck and why you might not have gotten various updates yet. A "Let Them Eat Cake" experience. The announcements of both the Sync screen recall and the Battery Module Update/Replacement recommended that the truck be taken to the dealer, but otherwise, one could wait for OTA updates, according to the initial announcements. No OTA updates for either yet for my truck, even though Ford.com says Sync OTA updates began deploying in November 2023. For the Sync recall, the fine print on Ford.com now says:
The ending date for reimbursement eligibility is estimated to be January 5, 2024.
IOW, the dealer may charge you for service if you don't go in by 1/5/24?! I will not be a happy camper if that happens while waiting for the promised OTA update option, which better come sooner rather than very much later. (still waiting for promised OTA updates to fix power transfer reliability to HIS unit - no clear word from Ford as to whether those have been delivered to my truck and FCSP/HIS unit). And the list of such things seems to go on endlessly.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Let's not forget how terrible an experience going in to a dealer for service is. They need the truck to sit on their lot for 5-7 days before they'll even look at it. They need to look at it before a rental/loaner would be authorized. So we're just expected to go without transportation for a week. What ever happened to customer service in service centers?

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
They need the truck to sit on their lot for 5-7 days before they'll even look at it.
That's why I've been waiting for the promised OTA updates for the Sync screen update recall and the Battery Module Update/Replacement CSP. My wife's car is gone during the day, and I've got scheduled stuff for which I need transportation. Ford needs to fix the dealer EV service experience and deliver OTA updates in a timely fashion with helpful information about truck status and scheduling relative to the updates. Having the dealer ingest your vehicle without knowing when you'll get it back is not the way to make EVs happen at FMC. ICE vehicle service is almost always done within one service day.

The following ancient (3-year-old) Ford YouTube video promised to announce updates to be delivered 24 hours in advance via the Sync screen and 12 hours in advance via FordPass. Whatever happened to that idea?!

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Let's not forget how terrible an experience going in to a dealer for service is. They need the truck to sit on their lot for 5-7 days
Having the dealer ingest your vehicle without knowing when you'll get it back is not the way to make EVs happen at FMC.
I have only used it once but I'm a fan of Mobile Service for these types of updates. They came out and did the rear light bar and BECM update in about 2 hours. I'm fortunate that I stay at home so it was convenient. I image they could come to your workplace though. Bonus is you can stand there and watch them do everything.
Sponsored