OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Am I going crazy? This CSP appeared yesterday in Ford Pass. And today it is missing? My truck was plugged in and charging over night, wonder if that alleviated the triggering condition for the CSP?
Have you tried here?

Ah nevermind I don't see it in there...but there's a lot of other stuff....

And that CSP is still active for me in my owner site (along with the rear light bar).
Sponsored

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Many dealerships have two at most. Putting them on the road means they aren't working on an EV.
What the dealers could do is put a junior tech out on the road, to do the simple tasks, ie. like the grease monkeys (Oil Change Tech) give them entry level training to do these basic services.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Hopefully, it will fix this, too ... but this is more likely to be a software issue ...

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement LV Charge Level

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

pixelcloak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 SR Lariat
Just so I understand, this part - if defective - would stop updates from installing due to the misreporting of the 12 volt battery charge level. As in during that actual installation of the update. However, for those of us that have never received an update yet, this is for future proofing when we eventually do?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Just so I understand, this part - if defective - would stop updates from installing due to the misreporting of the 12 volt battery charge level. As in during that actual installation of the update. However, for those of us that have never received an update yet, this is for future proofing when we eventually do?
If you have this part, you should get it replaced as it will cause difficulty in getting OTA in the future, that is correct

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
If you have this part, you should get it replaced as it will cause difficulty in getting OTA in the future, that is correct
To be more specific, there are two things here that are constantly confused:
1) Ford sends you an OTA update and usually alerts you if one has been downloaded and that it will install at your next scheduled time (or you can choose to install now)
2) Either at the next scheduled time (or Install now), the updates fails with a message that the update was interrupted by another process. But folks can look up the actual failure message for you and it's almost always related to the 12V battery.

This part WILL NOT fix number 1. If you aren't getting updates sent to you it's because your vehicle is not in the queue for the update. Appears to a lot of 2023's. It's not due to this part.

If you are getting updates sent to you but they fail because it was interrupted, then the part may fix that. TBD.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Correct. Won't help you get the update sent to you. But once it is sent, may give it a better chance to install.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
What the dealers could do is put a junior tech out on the road, to do the simple tasks, ie. like the grease monkeys (Oil Change Tech) give them entry level training to do these basic services.
I would think that you don't need to be EV-certified to replace a dashmat or lightbar or even do a FDRS update. I didn't ask the mobile tech that was here if he was EV-certified but will ask next time. Could be dealer specific within certain guidelines by Ford.

Hey if you buy the part yourself would you send me the old one instead of throwing it away? I love looking inside these things. The 14thGen forum has a BMS thread over 50 pages long (they are having a different set of 12V issues). Looks like the sensor might have a Hall Effect sensor or shunt along with a thermistor for temp. Appears to send this info to the BCM via the LIN bus. What I haven't found out is if sends the raw values (voltage, current, and temp) and the BCM calculates SOC, or if the BMS itself calculates the SOC. It must be the latter if they think the SOC issue is fixed with a new BMS. Supposedly it has a small microcontroller inside and that's what I want to look at. But the answer may also be in the 59 pages of that thread (I am only on page 3 :) )

EDIT: I am going to ask to keep the part when they come replace it but I know they typically aren't allowed to do that for warranty work.

Last edited:

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
FWIW, I have the defect part and only failed during one of the updates. The rest went through flawlessly.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally.
Those that bemoan the lack of mobile service for EVs don't get the shortage of EV techs. My dealership has ONE. Many dealerships have two at most. Putting them on the road means they aren't working on an EV.
Yes! Absolutely! The dealerships can offer alternatives that make customers' lives easier. They can offer Lyft rides from and back to dealerships. They can also offer to pick-up your vehicle. Mine does both.
Sponsored