Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
But will it also roll over into Waze? IIRC, Waze, Google's stepchild, has a history of getting handme-downs from Google Maps, which will undoubtedly integrate the info gleaned from the truck by Android Auto. I much prefer Waze for local driving over anything else and I might even switch back to Android if Google gives Waze some EV love.

Basically, everything about Waze except for the EV integration seems better. I especially like the crowd-sourcing of info, the Go Now vs. Go Later that allows you to see how time-of-day might affect your route, etc.
I hope so. Waze is my preferred routing for the crowds sourced data. It seems to update faster for traffic, accidents, etc.. I typically plug in a route to the Ford nav for the battery preconditioning for the next DCFC stop and then open up AA and have Waze up on the screen to see traffic, accidents, police, etc. up ahead.

Here is the big question. Which will we get first.

A) This update for Android Auto

B) Access to Tesla supercharger network

C) Bluecruise 1.X

Place your bets!
B for sure.
Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I wonder if this means the truck can use real time battery usage to adjust stops. Every day or so we have a new driver who gets burned by less than expected range. Imagine driving in the highway, it's hilly and cold, and you're using more juice than expected, Google pops up recommending an additional stop automatically just like a reroute for traffic, you hit yes and bam, nothing more to it. Especially if station availability could be factored in.

I think this would go a long way to making EVs a turn key solution. We need less apps and less planning for most folks to feel like EV is no different than Gas.

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
After the last update my Spotify will drop the audio ramdomly, I have to unplug, plug back in to get it back. It will do it sometimes twice a day, sometimes every track. As i mentioned before, having a locked map as half the screen is horrible. Waste of a beautiful screen. I also tried wireless once, not a good experience.
This exact thing happens to me without Android auto (just the phone). It's infuriating. I don't know what the problem is or who's at fault but I know it exists outside of AA

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
This exact thing happens to me without Android auto (just the phone). It's infuriating. I don't know what the problem is or who's at fault but I know it exists outside of AA
Interesting, are you using wireless or a wired connection?

I had no problems outside of AA when I switched to Bluetooth.

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation

Hmm that's interesting. I usually use wireless, but use wired as well on longer trips. I've just come to the conclusion it's an issue beyond AA, but clearly your experience is different!

Sponsored

Hank42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER

Funny, I have less problems when jacked in. Seems there is not single reason why AA with Sync has problems. For me a reboot of sync is needed when AA fails to reconnect.

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
But will it also roll over into Waze? IIRC, Waze, Google's stepchild, has a history of getting handme-downs from Google Maps, which will undoubtedly integrate the info gleaned from the truck by Android Auto. I much prefer Waze for local driving over anything else and I might even switch back to Android if Google gives Waze some EV love.

Basically, everything about Waze except for the EV integration seems better. I especially like the crowd-sourcing of info, the Go Now vs. Go Later that allows you to see how time-of-day might affect your route, etc.
The Waze team was gutted by Google so I wouldn't hold my breath

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
The Waze team was gutted by Google so I wouldn't hold my breath
Don't know if it's something new or something I never noticed before, but after the Android Auto update, when I parked in a Costco lot, I noticed my parking spot was automatically marked on the iOS Waze map running under CarPlay.

I've previously found using Waze in CarPlay that wherever I park is marked in Apple's GPS locations. If I called up the Compass interface on my Apple Watch, my parking location was an automatically set waypoint. If I "target" that waypoint, I could use the Compass app on the watch to get my current direction and distance to my parked truck. (haven't tested that since the Android Auto update).

Since I've found that FordPass does an excellent job of locating my truck, I've gotten lazy about using my watch navigation. An advantage of owning a tall Oxford White F-150 is I can usually spot it wherever it is in a lot as soon as I walk out of a store! 😀

Maybe gutting the Waze team just means that Google is not designing anything new for Waze per se, but any new features will just arrive by trickle-down from Google Maps and Android Auto.

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
Don't know if it's something new or something I never noticed before, but after the Android Auto update, when I parked in a Costco lot, I noticed my parking spot was automatically marked on the iOS Waze map running under CarPlay.

I've previously found using Waze in CarPlay that wherever I park is marked in Apple's GPS locations. If I called up the Compass interface on my Apple Watch, my parking location was an automatically set waypoint. If I "target" that waypoint, I could use the Compass app on the watch to get my current direction and distance to my parked truck. (haven't tested that since the Android Auto update).

Since I've found that FordPass does an excellent job of locating my truck, I've gotten lazy about using my watch navigation. An advantage of owning a tall Oxford White F-150 is I can usually spot it wherever it is in a lot as soon as I walk out of a store! 😀

Maybe gutting the Waze team just means that Google is not designing anything new for Waze per se, but any new features will just arrive by trickle-down from Google Maps and Android Auto.
I'm pretty sure they folded a bunch on them into the regular maps team. They are slowly importing features into google maps from Waze as time goes on, so I'm optimistic that we will at least have progress in one of the apps.

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrek… hehe
Occupation
Developer

Sponsored

hajalie24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
Nice, thanks for confirming. I've only had it a few days, but it seems really accurate.

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning