Caduceus

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Hi all,

This is the first pickup I've owned so I have some random questions. Any input is appreciated!

1. Is there an aftermarket rear wiper blade assembly that can be installed? The rear defroster works alright to clear the rain but I miss having an actual wiper blade.
2. I'd like to have a spray on bedliner applied. Any thoughts on Rhino vs Line-X? Are there other options? I'm going to have it done professionally so no DIY for me.
3. I also want a locking tonneau cover. Does anyone have a retractable one and, if so, what are your thoughts on it as far as ease of use, security, durability, etc.?
4. I am having trouble finding seat covers that fit the rear. It's a 60/40 split bench seat but only the smaller portion folds down so you can't pull a cover down from the top. I want something waterproof since I'll be transporting my dog.

Sponsored

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I can only help with the retractable locking tonneau. I’ve got the oem from Ford and it’s very slick. It does take a little bed space, but still room under it. looks terrific, works flawlessly, and it’s very sturdy. It’s simply a re-branded one with a Ford Emblem. It keeps *almost* all the water out on even the heaviest of rains.

I also have the oem spray in bed-liner. It’s also terrific, but honestly I chose both of these options from Ford because;
a) I wanted them done right,
b) I didn’t want to take the truck and drop it off somewhere after waiting literally years for it.

The only option i wanted that wasn’t available and I couldn’t choose was a power running board- and I’m having that installed this weekend (AMP) by a local shop.

I don’t think you can go wrong with Line-x or Rhino. I know the name of the rebranded Ford tonneau is on this forum somewhere.

Good luck!

priceb

First Name
Price
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
College Instructor

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
The Ford bed cover is probably a “Revolver IV”. I have the Revolver and am pleased so far. I installed it myself except when I was nearly done, a curious neighbor gave me a hand. On my previous truck I had a folding type. The rigid panels absorbed water becoming very heavy, and hinge hardware fell off. I don’t recommend those.

My bed was factory- sprayed.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I also have the oem spray in bed-liner. It’s also terrific, but honestly I chose both of these options from Ford because;
b) I didn’t want to take the truck and drop it off somewhere after waiting literally years for it.
c) The factory spray-in bedliner is covered by the truck's regular/extended warranty and can be serviced at most Ford Dealerships

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
1) Rear window wiper is not needed on a truck. They don't get dirty like the rear windows on an SUV. Dirt and dust roll up the back onto the tailgate but doesn't make it to the rear window. Rain isn't an issue if you drive fast enough ;-). If you want better rain shedding, use something like RainX - I use it religiously on all of the windows to keep the rain rolling off.

3) Tonneau cover - Roll-up covers can be challenging in the winter. I had one but dumped it after one winter because when things freeze up, they don't open well. (some may be better than others). Diamondback are the best covers I've ever owned for my purposes in 35 years of truck ownership - not cheap, but worth every penny.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I have the BAK revolver (hard rollup) on current truck and BAKflip (hard folding) on my previous truck. Note that while they don't have a physical lock, they are secure. You can't open them unless the tailgate is open. So as long as you lock your tailgate, the bed is secure.

I like these since they are low profile. You can get discounts (@Realtruck is a forum sponsor). I think these are the same ones Ford uses for the OEM option (with Ford branding). I like the sleek no-line look of the rollup but the fold-up was easier to open/close.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
I have the factory bed liner and honestly I wouldn't do the OEM one again. They don't remove the bed tie downs or bed bolts before applying the coating and mine had some noticeable overspray below the tailgate.

I had Line-X done on my Tundra and that was far and away done better. Its maybe 20% more expensive but they'll remove what you tell them to and you can choose to extend the liner down down the bed ledge if you wish. I wouldn't say the coating itself is any difference than OEM, but the quality of the install is what I noticed.

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
I can only help with the retractable locking tonneau. I’ve got the oem from Ford and it’s very slick. It does take a little bed space, but still room under it. looks terrific, works flawlessly, and it’s very sturdy. It’s simply a re-branded one with a Ford Emblem. It keeps *almost* all the water out on even the heaviest of rains.

The only option i wanted that wasn’t available and I couldn’t choose was a power running board- and I’m having that installed this weekend (AMP) by a local shop.

I don’t think you can go wrong with Line-x or Rhino. I know the name of the rebranded Ford tonneau is on this forum somewhere.

Good luck!
Make sure they install the optional 3 way control switch. Operation "Normal", "Locked Down", and "Locked Up". The switch head is about the size of a dime and very handy and costs around $160 and should be installed by the installer since it wires in to the Amp controller.

Sponsored

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
3) Tonneau cover - Roll-up covers can be challenging in the winter. I had one but dumped it after one winter because when things freeze up, they don't open well. (some may be better than others). Diamondback are the best covers I've ever owned for my purposes in 35 years of truck ownership - not cheap, but worth every penny.
So much this. I own 3 Diamondback covers, 1 going all the way back to 2007 or so. Really high quality product. While it might not be perfect for every person/application, it is definitely the right solution for me. I can't speak highly enough of it.

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
This may be a dumb question, but where would that switch be installed?
Thanks
Mine is on the panel just to the left of the steering wheel right next to the seam in the panel under the steering wheel. It’s a 3 way rocker switch and pretty much unnoticeable. I was amazed at how small it is. I would post picture but I’m away from home for the next 3-4 hours and the truck is there. Getting oil change in wife’s Honda and then dinner.

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Mine is on the panel just to the left of the steering wheel right next to the seam in the panel under the steering wheel. It’s a 3 way rocker switch and pretty much unnoticeable. I was amazed at how small it is. I would post picture but I’m away from home for the next 3-4 hours and the truck is there. Getting oil change in wife’s Honda and then dinner.
I should have said lower panel to be clear
Sponsored