First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat High
Occupation
Recruiter
I brought my truck in yesterday. They did the high voltage software CSP, but the truck failed the 12V BMS test. They ordered the part. Hopefully this will fix my truck not getting any OTA updates.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Any luck getting updates now?
No updates, and the Mobile Tech said none were pending in FDRS after the new BMS was installed in my Lighting.

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat High
Occupation
Recruiter
No updates, and the Mobile Tech said none were pending in FDRS after the new BMS was installed in my Lighting.
I'm going to see if I can have the dealer force an update when they replace the BMS.

Owning both a Rivian and a Lighting I can say Rivian does OTA so much better than Ford!

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I'm going to see if I can have the dealer force an update when they replace the BMS.

Owning both a Rivian and a Lighting I can say Rivian does OTA so much better than Ford!
You can't force an update.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
As a Lightning and Tesla owner, I agree with you on this one. I look at it as a free coffee and carwash. I also like hanging at the dealer bc I am weird so....
I won't let me dealer wash my truck.
When I took delivery there was wax in all kinds of places and on all kinds of black plastic.
When they took it to do my steering heat I specifically asked that they not wash the truck. The gal said "yea, they guys that wash the vehicles are not employees and not good".
Noted.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The dealer can't update the truck with their systems?
They would have to update each module individually, which is time consuming, labor intensive, and they won't get reimbursement from Ford unless there is a specific problem that can be solved by doing it.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I had mine done this morning. I was at the dealership less than 30 minutes. When I parked at home, I got a message that an update will be installed tonight at the scheduled time.

Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
The dealer can't update the truck with their systems?
They can only update what has been released by Ford for a particular vehicle. They hook up their computer with FDRS on it, it talks to the cloud and if there are updates, they can apply, otherwise nothing shows up. The dealers don't get compensated by Ford for doing these kind of updates, so they won't, unless you pay them, from what I have heard. I've got a setup to do this myself, there are many threads about it. Yet, still my truck built in May has not gotten any of the updates released in 2023 because Ford hasn't released them for my truck and seemingly most 2023 ER trucks. I have updated some modules, but nothing that gave me any new features.

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
I brought my truck in yesterday. They did the high voltage software CSP, but the truck failed the 12V BMS test. They ordered the part. Hopefully this will fix my truck not getting any OTA updates.
Brought mine in today as well for BMS test and tailgate light strip recall. I will update when I learn more about BMS

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Am I the only one who got a recall letter from Ford today? It's about a 12 volt battery monitor sensor.
Is it worth the trouble to make an appointment to repair?
I got the letter earlier this week as well. CSP, however, not recall if we want to get technical.

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
6.4 was my last one. I still don’t have the SOC number on display. Not sure it was an earlier update I missed or after 6.4. As long as everything runs and I am not stranded, it is all good.
This SOC update was what I have wanted more than anything. I was bummed about not having it too but hopefully this BMS thing fixes it.
Sponsored