First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Have you had the battery sensor replaced yet? I need to call Utter and get scheduled. @LUXMAN had them do his last week.
Yep, two weeks ago! But it was still showing as needed on FordPass which made me concerned I may not get future updates. I emailed JJ today about it. A woman from the Warranty Dept actually just called and said indeed they hadn't processed it but she would get right on it. Also said the BECM software update I had done in December will stay on my account for some time since they need that to do a module replacement if needed.
Sponsored

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Agree with @GDN but that's great it installed without issue on both trucks. Back in December when I got 6.8.0, I had many failures due to LVB.
Yeah I know. Just ribbing @GDN

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Yep, two weeks ago! But it was still showing as needed on FordPass which made me concerned I may not get future updates. I emailed JJ today about it. A woman from the Warranty Dept actually just called and said indeed they hadn't processed it but she would get right on it. Also said the BECM software update I had done in December will stay on my account for some time since they need that to do a module replacement if needed.
What do they mean by that last statement?
They checked the batteries and both of ours are fine. But mine is still showing in the app but my wife’s has cleared

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
What do they mean by that last statement?
They checked the batteries and both of ours are fine. But mine is still showing in the app but my wife’s has cleared
It sounded like Ford told them not to clear it since the CSP is for both a software update and (if needed in the future) a battery module replacement. Since they only did a software update they were leaving it on just in case.

Weird that it cleared on one of yours but not the other. It sounds like Justin sends warranty paperwork to her and she goes in and updates our VIN's. Maybe she did it for one of yours but not the other. I didn't catch her name but you can always start with Justin.

I think reading through the BECM thread I remember others have noticed that it has stayed on their account as well and maybe got the same explanation. I'd look for you but that thread has 438 posts now!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
It sounded like Ford told them not to clear it since the CSP is for both a software update and (if needed in the future) a battery module replacement. Since they only did a software update they were leaving it on just in case.

Weird that it cleared on one of yours but not the other. It sounds like Justin sends warranty paperwork to her and she goes in and updates our VIN's. Maybe she did it for one of yours but not the other. I didn't catch her name but you can always start with Justin.

I think reading through the BECM thread I remember others have noticed that it has stayed on their account as well and maybe got the same explanation. I'd look for you but that thread has 438 posts now!
Same service department - they cleared my BECM SW update, but I still have the one for 23C38/23V801 - stability control. I received this SW OTA a long time back.

Sponsored

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot

Thanks. I may give them a call. I’ve talked to Justin before about it, and he says he would look into it.
The new tech that came out to the house said he would see about closing it out, as well as the sensor one.
And as a sidenote, the 12 V sensor CSP is not showing on my wife’s app either and never has

Fastmikerx7

First Name
FM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR
Occupation
.GOV
So, I got my BMS sensor replaced.
Truck stuck at 6.4.0.

Checking my "account" page online, battery showing 60%ish for a couple of weeks after replacement of BMS.

Screw it, I put my high end charger(AGM/Li-ion etc) on and brought the battery up.

Webpage still saying in the 60's% but charger completed a cycle and voltage over 14V DC.

Unpluged and went to bed.

Woke up at 99% for 12V according to the account webpage.

Updates are a coming now. Coincidence? Don't know.

I know others have said not related but I am like hmmm...

6.8.0 installing now(hopefully). I put my charger back on the 12V before forcing the install from the cab.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Got mine done last week and saw something today I had not seen before. I ran some errands today and when I got home my 12V was at 73%. I plugged in and it took about an hour and a half to get the HVB back to 80%. I then checked the 12V again and it had gone up to 85%. I know it’s supposed to charge the 12V whenever the truck is actively charging but I had never seen it increase just by charging the HVB.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Updates are a coming now. Coincidence? Don't know.

I know others have said not related but I am like hmmm...

6.8.0 installing now(hopefully). I put my charger back on the 12V before forcing the install from the cab.
I think coincidence since folks are getting 6.8 with the old sensor. On your account page is the BMS CSP gone now?

Fastmikerx7

First Name
FM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR
Occupation
.GOV
Gateway module programming and HVB battery CSP still on tbere but BMS is gone.

8 tries today on 6.8.0 and nuttin....

Account saying 96% lvb level so not sure what is interupting it.

Tried most of the tricks on here....nuttin...

Sponsored

Fastmikerx7

First Name
FM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR
Occupation
.GOV
Voltage is dropping to 12.5 during update try and staying down after attempt. That is REALLY sucking on the battery that is fully charged with a AGM specific charger..13 minutes of pulling a big load or I have a dying AGM...

Screw it. I might try jumper cables from another good and fully charged battery and do 1 attempt...

The jumper cable deal didn't work either but at least voltage held to 12.9 post attempt.

I give up...

For now.

Account saying lvb at 89%...

Last edited:

THX1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
. I know it’s supposed to charge the 12V whenever the truck is actively charging but I had never seen it increase just by charging the HVB.
Ohhh yes, that's definitely a thing, the reasoning is, that the HVB contactors are active to connect the AC/DC charger, this condition places a load on the LVB and subjects it to a declining SOC condition, so the DC/DC inverter must step in at the right time to replenish the LVB as needed.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Gateway module programming and HVB battery CSP still on tbere but BMS is gone.

8 tries today on 6.8.0 and nuttin....

Account saying 96% lvb level so not sure what is interupting it.

Tried most of the tricks on here....nuttin...
You may have already noted and we may not find much correlation, but do you have the new 12v battery sensor yet?

Fastmikerx7

First Name
FM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR
Occupation
.GOV
Yes. New sensor installed by dealer a couple of weeks ago?
I went in the day I read about it on this forum. Got the appt./install done that Friday.
Sponsored

Last edited: