Sponsored

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
So this is the official adapter for nacs to ccs1 (DCFC) is there an OFFICIAL adapter for nacs to j1772(Tesla destination chargers)?
I don't think Ford makes one. There are tons of third party options though, with TeslaTap being the first to market and probably the most respected brand.
Sponsored

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Got an update on the adapter.
Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 1709313764684

sicamoose

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Self employed
All canadians are getting the error clicking on the email order status button. Yeah seems they forgot we exist.

Someone on the FB lighting canada group mentioned if you remove the everything from "emailid" and onwards in the URL it works. It does for me. Not sure if that causes any different or missing infromation to be present though.

I'm getting a shipping estimate of July for order number 9937 even though people here are reporting May/June for order numbers around 10k.
I got mine to go through (in Canada). Took a few tries after the browser being hung up, then it just suddenly worked.

Order Number:
FAE:90037778
OUCH! September delivery!

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 2024-03-01 09_33_36-We're processing your order - sicamoose@gmail.com - Gmail

Last edited:

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Crunching a small sample of data with very broad delivery windows (30 day variance), these delivery estimates imply that they are only able to produce about 250 adapters a day. Tesla's making them and they're going to be making them for all the other OEMs as well. I would think they are either going to ramp up more than that, or will soon, and we'll see delivery estimates adjust sooner. 250 a day is just too low a number.

Reactions: GDN

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I've updated my FordPass app to v4.33.0 and turned on P&C but only the EA tile appear on the P&C page. I've seen other screen shots on this thread showing a Tesla tile as well. Has anyone else had this issue and will this effect P&C's ability to work at a Tesla station?

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I've updated my FordPass app to v4.33.0 and turned on P&C but only the EA tile appear on the P&C page. I've seen other screen shots on this thread showing a Tesla tile as well. Has anyone else had this issue and will this effect P&C's ability to work at a Tesla station?
Mine wasnt there yesterday, it is there today. Nothing changed between last night and today for me. Just be patient is my advice.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Mine took overnight to show up as a tile.

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Mine wasnt there yesterday, it is there today. Nothing changed between last night and today for me. Just be patient is my advice.
Mine didn't update since yesterday, and I've quit and restarted the app a couple times. Maybe it will update by July when I get my adaptor.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
Five of them completely ignore the dude in the Silver Lightning last evening, just sitting in their cars reading e-books or what-ever, granted it was still windy and cold out.
You mean the CELEBRITY in the Silver Lightning. Ignoring me I can understand, but that is odd. Now we know where Taylor and Travis can go to get away from the papparazzi if they need a break.

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
Tesla's making them and they're going to be making them for all the other OEMs as well. I would think they are either going to ramp up more than that, or will soon, and we'll see delivery estimates adjust sooner. 250 a day is just too low a number.
You hit on it when you mentioned the other OEMs. It would be business folly to allocate your entire production rate to a single OEM. If Tesla did, it would be years before owners of other model CCS EVs got their adapters. You can be certain their production rate is\will be much higher, but they are spreading that production across the dozen or so other OEMs that have joined the NACS adaptation party.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
You hit on it when you mentioned the other OEMs. It would be business folly to allocate your entire production rate to a single OEM. If Tesla did, it would be years before owners of other model CCS EVs got their adapters. You can be certain their production rate is\will be much higher, but they are spreading that production across the dozen or so other OEMs that have joined the NACS adaptation party.
Why spread it out? We are the only ones (Ford) with access for a few months. I believe it will definitely improve. Prediction is most will have them by July. Tesla will figure it out and ramp it up.

ScottyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning XLT
Got an update on the adapter.
1709313764684.png
Yeah, I am in Canada and the link in the original email did not work. Somebody suggested removing everything to the right of emailid to get to this page. That worked, but I also got another email today. So I am thinking my order did not update but they just fixed the link on the Canadian site...

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
...Tesla's making them and they're going to be making them for all the other OEMs as well.
In multiple videos from that same site in NJ, I saw Ford folks repeatedly, when asked who was making it, say "Designed and Engineered by Tesla", as if the phrase was something mandatorily practiced before the big day. Note that they were not answering the question of "Who is making it?". So as far as I know, we don't yet know who is actually doing the manufacturing.

donalddon

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Gray Metallic
i took my A2Z adapter to the local super tesla and it worked! failed at first but then came to life after i added my address to the tesla app. charged my credit card for ~$2.50(i did not stay long as i was close to 100% already. i also was charged $20.00 by tesla but then an hour later that $20.00 was refunded by tesla. i have no idea what that was about but it went away and the $2.50 stayed
moral of my story: A2Z works
Sponsored