• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Still haven't received software update for Tesla Superchargers

Kwikone

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ford lightning xlt 312a package
i still haven’t got my update to Tesla superchargers on my XLT lightning ,Does anyone know when the updates are supposed to hit ? The latest one I have is 6.1.0
Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Unfortunately no one knows the ways of fords update servers...im on 4.2.1.2..and only just got my first two updates ever last week, truck built may 23 bought on July31. you can use a supercharger now if you have a third party adapter, you just have to initiate it with telsa app until you get the plug and charge update.

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Seems your a little behind on updates for some reason or another. The Tesla supercharger updates are being pushed out pretty fast.

OP
OP

Kwikone

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ford lightning xlt 312a package
Seems your a little behind on updates for some reason or another. The Tesla supercharger updates are being pushed out pretty fast.
Yeah that’s what I’ve been hearing as well , I’ll see if I get them this week 🤞🏽

Sponsored

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
don't look for logic in how these things are deployed. My Tesla update is installing as I type..

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Got that update on Sunday I received the notification on the way to the park to let my son play on the playground. As soon as we got to the park I pushed the update as I was getting out of my vehicle. After my son was done playing I got in my truck and none of my tire pressure monitoring sensors were working and I was power limited to 65% for some reason. I cycled the truck off and on after driving like 5 miles and parked in a tow friendly spot lol (too many horror stories on the forums) and everything started working and it was back to 100% power.... so weird....

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
I got notification of the update but it’s saying on the 12” screen that it’s not installed and no way to re-force it to try and update. Hoping it automatically updates one of these evenings automatically. I recently got the BMS software update to fix the customer satisfaction program too, so that was nice to see.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
i still haven’t got my update to Tesla superchargers on my XLT lightning ,Does anyone know when the updates are supposed to hit ? The latest one I have is 6.1.0
The software updates have been coming quickly on most vehicles, hopefully there isn't a communications problem with your truck, also make sure the communications / connectivity is configured to your home wifi network.

Make sure you have the following features active in Fordpass:
  • Account > Connected services > BlueOval Charge Network > active payment card
  • Vehicle > Chargings > BlueOval Charge Network > Plug & Charge > Plug & Charge = ON

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
The software updates have been coming quickly on most vehicles, hopefully there isn't a communications problem with your truck, also make sure the communications / connectivity is configured to your home wifi network.

Make sure you have the following features active in Fordpass:
  • Account > Connected services > BlueOval Charge Network > active payment card
  • Vehicle > Chargings > BlueOval Charge Network > Plug & Charge > Plug & Charge = ON
I got 4.2.1.2 March 1. I looked at the Vehicle part you suggest above and see the attached file. I assume that means I have access to the Tesla network. Correct?
Ford F-150 Lightning Still haven't received software update for Tesla Superchargers IMG_3548

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I got 4.2.1.2 March 1. I looked at the Vehicle part you suggest above and see the attached file. I assume that means I have access to the Tesla network. Correct?
IMG_3548.png
Looking good!!

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
March 4th, # 24-PU0119_DC-CHG4
Ford F-150 Lightning Still haven't received software update for Tesla Superchargers TESLA Ford update.PNG

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
so....

I can charge the LIGHTNING without my own ADAPTER, at any Tesla 'magic dock' location, but I will have to 'unlock' the adapter by using the Tesla App...
or
I can purchase a third-party ADAPTER to use at any 'Ford activated' Supercharger station, and simply 'plug in' to then activate charging...
or
I can wait for Ford's 'official' ADAPTER, probably not arriving till after the summer is over : (
and simply 'plug in' ...

and, here's a separate but SIMILAR situation question:
since my Ford Pass App has the 'Tesla stations' now integrated as part of the navigation, search, and activation equation, I wonder if I could 'activate' the station with my Ford Pass APP, and then allow my wife's new KIA EV9 to 'charge'(?).... interesting conundrum...

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
You can charge now with a third party adapter and either Plug & Charge or the Tesla app.

you cannot trick a Supercharger into charging your Kia.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
we'll see how long it will take for Tesla to open up to the other manufacturers... who knows.
Sponsored