Status
Not open for further replies.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I didn’t know you lived next door…
My neighbor knows we are environmentally focused and apologized for his wife's disregard in that area...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Viewed my USPS informed delivery, UPS and FedEx ....... nada/nil/nothing.

Sponsored

JDF231223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Does Ford plan on selling them at some point or only available to folks who bought direct from Ford brand new?

Is anyone planning on selling theirs if they have an extra or don't plan on using it?

I am tempted to order the A2Z third party one using the 15% off "FORD" discount code if Ford doesn't plan to sell one anytime soon.

Summer is when I was hoping to get the adapter by for road trips that I have planned.

Is anyone in the same situation and need an adapter by summer?

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
UPDATE !!

Hi there. Today, we’re excited to announce that the first complimentary production Fast Charging Adapters are shipping today and are on their way to Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning customers, including you!

Feel free to share that adapters are starting to ship publicly. We know it’s an exciting moment for many.

As a reminder,
Plug & Charge is the most optimal experience for using your adapter

Seamlessly use your Fast Charging Adapter to activate and pay for charging at Tesla Superchargers with Plug & Charge. If you have Plug & Charge enabled, simply plug your vehicle in to begin charging – payment will be handled automatically.

If you have disabled Plug & Charge, or if your vehicle has not received the Plug & Charge software update, you can always activate and pay for charging at Tesla Superchargers like all BlueOval Charge Network chargers using the FordPass mobile app or the Public Charging app on your vehicle’s touchscreen.

Additionally, if you have disabled vehicle location sharing, Plug & Charge will not be able to activate. In this case, enable vehicle location sharing to enable Plug & Charge.

You can check or update your Plug & Charge status in FordPass under Vehicle – Charging - BlueOval Charge Network.

In case you come across anyone in the coming weeks with questions, below is some info for you to help them out.

Keep Your Vehicle Connected and Up-to-Date

To use Plug & Charge at Tesla Superchargers, your vehicle needs to receive an over-the-air software update (24-PU0119-DC-CHG4, to be precise). To ensure your vehicle can receive this update, make sure automatic updates are set to ON. Without this update, you can still charge at Tesla Superchargers by manually activating and paying for charging in FordPass or the Public Charging app on your vehicle’s touchscreen.

Keep Your BlueOval Charge Network Account Up-to-Date

To use Plug & Charge, or to pay for charging with the FordPass mobile app or the Public Charging app on your touchscreen, you will need a BlueOval Charge Network account.

It’s also important to keep your payment information up-to-date in your Ford Account. If you’ve received a Payment Failed notification when using the BlueOval Charge Network, you won’t be able to pay for future charging events, including with Plug & Charge, until you resolve the issue and reprocess the failed payment. To check your status and fix this issue, visit Connected Services.

Finding Upgraded Tesla Superchargers

To find upgraded Tesla Superchargers, use the FordPass mobile app or the Public Charging app on your vehicle’s touchscreen. Look for the “Adapter Needed” displayed next to the charger listing.

Tesla Superchargers will come to Connected Navigation and other routing tools in future over-the-air updates.

Using Your Fast Charging Adapter
1. Open your vehicle’s charge port door and lower the cover to reveal the fast charging inlet.
2. Attach the Fast Charging Adapter to the Tesla Supercharger cable by firmly pushing them together. You should hear a click when the cable is fully inserted.
3. Plug the Fast Charging Adapter into your vehicle.
4. With Plug & Charge is active, charging should begin automatically. If not, you can activate and pay for charging using the FordPass mobile app or the Public Charging app on your touchscreen.
5. Stop the charge by pressing unlock button on vehicle charge port.
6. Remove adapter from charge port using silver release button on the top of adapter.
7. Detach adapter from Tesla Supercharger cord by pressing down the cable release tab.

For a full list of question and additional resources please visit Ford.com/FastChargingAdapter

Happy charging!

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
UPDATE !!

Hi there. Today, we’re excited to announce that the first complimentary production Fast Charging Adapters are shipping today and are on their way to Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning customers, including you!

Feel free to share that adapters are starting to ship publicly. We know it’s an exciting moment for many.
What number were you?? I’m 201…hoping for an email as well!

Sponsored

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
UPDATE !!

So funny @TaxmanHog as I just happened to call Ford today to check on the status of mine as I would like to have it for a road trip and the CSR said by August! FWIW I’m order# 5568, ordered 2/29/24 and the status page says May delivery.

I also have a Lectron Vortex on order I hope comes sooner, although they have not been super detailed in their shipping ETAs to me via email. I feel like folks who ordered A2Z early are in the best position to get theirs the soonest, just my view.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What number were you?? I’m 201…hoping for an email as well!
I'm 206, but I believe my order was bumped up front, but based on speculated production capacity, you're likely in this initial release as well (no promises).

The email I received was a personal communication, not linked to the production shipping alert process, assuming there is such an email coming that might come later.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.