• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adding power mirrors to XLT

VenomVol

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning XLT ER
So, it's a good news/bad news situation for me. I got the mirrors installed, the wires run, switch installed, and everything programmed in Forscan. The mirrors fold with the switch and with the lock/unlock as I wanted (good news). However, something about the connecting the mirrors messes up the 360 camera, as i lose the left, right, front, and bed cameras once the mirrors are installed (bad news). I held the old mirrors in place and plugged them back in, and eveything goes back to normal. I tried rebooting the IPMA module and running the network calibration, but neither of those seems to fix it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
Solid progress, could be one little wire throwing it off

VenomVol

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning XLT ER
Update 2:

I found a thread where a guy added the 360 system to his XLT, and in the notes of his write-up, it says that if you have the front and sides all blue that it's likely that a camera is bad. I kept trying to plug one of my original mirrors back in, but only that side would come back one. It seemed unlikely that both brand new mirrors would both have faulty cameras. It may be that these cameras have to be paired or activated somehow, but I found an easier way for me.

I removed the mirror caps, and the camera and puddle light module comes right out. I swapped my original modules with the modules on the new power fold mirrors, and everything works as it should. So now my cameras are all working, and my mirrors fold.

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
Update 2:

I found a thread where a guy added the 360 system to his XLT, and in the notes of his write-up, it says that if you have the front and sides all blue that it's likely that a camera is bad. I kept trying to plug one of my original mirrors back in, but only that side would come back one. It seemed unlikely that both brand new mirrors would both have faulty cameras. It may be that these cameras have to be paired or activated somehow, but I found an easier way for me.

I removed the mirror caps, and the camera and puddle light module comes right out. I swapped my original modules with the modules on the new power fold mirrors, and everything works as it should. So now my cameras are all working, and my mirrors fold.

All in, what do you think it cost you?

VenomVol

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning XLT ER
All in, what do you think it cost you?

I'm right at $1200 including the Forscan cable and the wiring harness. As I said earlier, I found the mirrors at quite a deal, and I had to reuse my own cameras for whatever reason. All the other mirrors I've seen have been higher.

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Can you help me find the passenger side turn signal?

OP
OP

Froman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
For real help me find mirrors that cheap as well :)

VenomVol

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning XLT ER
For real help me find mirrors that cheap as well :)

I went down a serious ebay rabbit hole to find them originally. The seller is called autoparts_llc on ebay. It looks like they have some more color options listed since I bought. You just have to make sure they have all the options b/c there are power fold that also don't have the 360 cameras. I used the best offer option to get them down a little more than they're listed for. You could also re-use your stock mirror caps if they don't have your color, and just have power folding black mirrors.

OP
OP

Froman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
I actually am considering just that, to use the stock caps. There are two aftermarket companies that sell painted caps for $400 or so that i’d eventually go with, or just have the others painted.

OP
OP

Froman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
Could i buy a set of powered mirror missing the camera or light underneath and swap mine over? Would it still have all of the wiring inside to accommodate it?

Sponsored

VenomVol

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning XLT ER
Could i buy a set of powered mirror missing the camera or light underneath and swap mine over? Would it still have all of the wiring inside to accommodate it?

I don't think so, because the mirrors with 360 have an extra plug for the cameras that is separate from the main mirror plug (brown connector in the pic below). If the non-360 mirrors have that connector, then the wiring should be there inside, but if they're missing that, then it definitely isn't.

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding power mirrors to XLT 1000006351

Ahmram

First Name
Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Update 2:

This is awesome. I am planning to do the same on my lightning XLT. Did you have to run the wires cross the dash or just replace the one that plugs into the mirror and goes through the door?
Which harness option did you buy, the first one around $140 or so?

VenomVol

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning XLT ER
This is awesome. I am planning to do the same on my lightning XLT. Did you have to run the wires cross the dash or just replace the one that plugs into the mirror and goes through the door?
Which harness option did you buy, the first one around $140 or so?
Yes, I used just the basic harness. The wires included only go from the mirror connector to the door module (repeated on each door), so no dash work. It includes instructions and zip-ties. The wires are labeled and wrapped in felt as well. It's really a great kit for those of us who don't want to gather the necessary pieces and build our own.

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
I did this on my old Ford Fusion. Will definitely do this on my new XLT. Pays for itself in all kinds of ways around a large metro area, especially with the width of the Lightning's mirrors. Watching this thread for now. Thanks for the info.

Ahmram

First Name
Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Thanks @VenomVol for the info. I just turned my XLT mirrors to power fold, no more using a grab stick to fold my mirrors 😁😁
Sponsored