Sponsored

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E
Occupation
SWE
FYI if you had issues with the front sensor being blocked, enable it again and see if it’s fixed after this update.

Mine appears to be resolved after this update now.
You may be right! I got this update today, read your comment, and went on a drive. My truck used to beep at every stop. It did not do that today. Will report back if it reoccurs.
Sponsored

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning | Lariat SR
Random question, the theme on the Sync 4a screenshot looks black. My 22 Lariat SR doesn’t have a black dark theme, it has a deep blue theme.

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E
Occupation
SWE
You may be right! I got this update today, read your comment, and went on a drive. My truck used to beep at every stop. It did not do that today. Will report back if it reoccurs.
I take this back. I am still getting the front sensor blocked message.

Sponsored

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
I take this back. I am still getting the front sensor blocked message.
mine came back today. WTH. Is so clearly a software issue when an update makes it go away for a few days then it just pops right back. So frustrating. Maybe one day.

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
mine came back today. WTH. Is so clearly a software issue when an update makes it go away for a few days then it just pops right back. So frustrating. Maybe one day.
I would take it more as a coincidence. If it was software, it should not be back days later with no additional software changes.

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
I would take it more as a coincidence. If it was software, it should not be back days later with no additional software changes.
So you don’t think it’s a software bug? The sensor warnings?

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
So you don’t think it’s a software bug? The sensor warnings?
It could be, but it could easily be hardware. I am just saying that I don't think it not showing up for 3 days following an update is a confirmation that it is a software issue. I'd honestly lean the other way and say that since you got an update and it's still happening there's a larger chance it's hardware related.

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
I had them check it out at the dealer twice and they couldn’t find anything wrong with the sensors at all. All diagnostics showed they all functioned and responded. It started happening after four months of ownership immediately after a software update. No issues before that. No impacts. Nothing on sensors.

Sponsored

Jenovalente

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
So let me make sure I understand....
Those people that are continuously getting updates are now getting an update that will help them get more updates?
But those of us that aren't getting updates, continue to fall farther and farther behind.

Makes alot of sense, @Ford Motor Company.
:clap:

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
So let me make sure I understand....
Those people that are continuously getting updates are now getting an update that will help them get more updates?
But those of us that aren't getting updates, continue to fall farther and farther behind.

Makes alot of sense, @Ford Motor Company.
If you aren't getting updates, go to a dealer who says they can update your truck. Once they do, you should be able to get them. They can run diagnostic at same visit, too. If your dealer says they can't do that, then go to one who has a clue or isn't just trying to only do service where they can overcharge parts and labor. And when you find a good dealer, stick with them - well worth it! For example, telling you what you DON'T need, and when you will need something.

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Got the update yesterday, which was a nice surprise. Still hoping for the one that shows SOC on the left battery dial, but I'll take any updates I can get at this point. :)

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
So it looks like this is only for '23 trucks - maybe those that didn't get any updates for months and finally got the 4.2.x.x earlier this year.

Through the posts I don't see anyone with a '22 report it. I was at the front end of most releases. Last update was a failure for me - truck was in the shop for a battery module on April 2 - 23-PU1024-6CH-AUD.

Looks like we are just on hold. Maybe BC 1.4, maybe Walk away lock, maybe allow PPOB without truck being started. All of those are queued up. I know they have to be packaging them in one big update that is going to surprise us all.
Sponsored