First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
don't know who/what you are referring to so I guess the answer is no.... Also I just sent my pin to rudgdraw and it's only been a week since I updated not three.
Message received; I'm Javier he was referring to. Confirmed you got 6.8.0 on 7/11 and it seems like the IPC synced up with the server the same day which is good; it means the as-built data we can see is accurate. Once I get a VIN or another Lightning that does have the SoC showing, we'll be able to compare the data and see if it is a config issue that can be fixed with FORScan.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
@davehu And anyone else who got 6.8.0 and is still missing the SoC on the dash:

This cannot be fixed with FORScan. It seems not all 6.8.0 OTA's were created equal. A very knowledgeable and reputable source looked into this and found there is a different file between one truck and the other that COULD be the reason for this not working, but it would have to fixed with OTA or FDRS update.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
@davehu And anyone else who got 6.8.0 and is still missing the SoC on the dash:

This cannot be fixed with FORScan. It seems not all 6.8.0 OTA's were created equal. A very knowledgeable and reputable source looked into this and found there is a different file between one truck and the other that COULD be the reason for this not working, but it would have to fixed with OTA or FDRS update.
Thanks but one more strike against FMC's software "strategy", if they have one at all.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I used my new smart charger and soon after I hooked it up, it showed that the batteries were already close to full. After only about 15 minutes, the charger stopped and said FULL. After that, I reset the BMS and the battery icon flashed 3 times and I pushed the start button again. I then Set up the OTA for 10 minutes later and just like Swiss clockwork, the OTA faIled again.

Not sure what else to do but take it to the dealer.

The dealer said that the BMS needs replaced and they ordered one. They kept it overnight and got it to update without replacing the BMS. They said that the part won't be here tomorrow and they would install it when it gets here.

Oh, by the way, the SOC shows up in the cluster now! :clap:

Ford F-150 Lightning Update 6.8 update problem Screenshot_20240725_123721_Gallery
Sponsored