• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge pro station yellow light after only 30 mins of charge

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150 Lightning Ford Mache
Occupation
retired
This has happened to me twice now and I am concerned. I plug in my Lightning and the next morning it only has 100 miles of charge because the yellow light is on the Charge Station. I reset the circuit breaker and it works...for a while. But then it works reliably. It is hot in the garage, maybe 100, but I do not know if heat is the problem. I would think that Ford would still charge at 100 degrees ambient temperature. That is normal temperature for a few days here in the summer. So would Ford design a charge station only for cold climates? Or is it a heat problem? Surely Ford would take into consideration the heat.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
You might try derating it to 60 or 48 Amps and see if it stops derating its self. It is likely the heat and that causes it to derate from 80 Amps.

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Sales
Solid amber error, " Charge Station has a fault and trouble shooting require". This could be caused by heat. I would ty make big loops with the charging cable while charging to help dissipate heat from the cable. Better yet, uncoil cable all together. This could also be to improper installation or wiring connect not torqued correctly.

Good luck!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
This was common early on before it was fixed by a software update. What are the last 2 digit of your software version? I think “62” is the one that fixes the issue.

Workaround is to deprecate the charging rate as described in post 2.

OP
OP
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
This was common early on before it was fixed by a software update. What are the last 2 digit of your software version? I think “62” is the one that fixes the issue.

Workaround is to deprecate the charging rate as described in post 2.
What software? On the truck or is there software in the charge pro?

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lariat ER, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
This has happened to me twice now and I am concerned. I plug in my Lightning and the next morning it only has 100 miles of charge because the yellow light is on the Charge Station. I reset the circuit breaker and it works...for a while. But then it works reliably. It is hot in the garage, maybe 100, but I do not know if heat is the problem. I would think that Ford would still charge at 100 degrees ambient temperature. That is normal temperature for a few days here in the summer. So would Ford design a charge station only for cold climates? Or is it a heat problem? Surely Ford would take into consideration the heat.
Thanks, this has been happening to me as well.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Get a snap shot of your version following these steps.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge pro station yellow light after only 30 mins of charge 1724859452812-d2
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge pro station yellow light after only 30 mins of charge 1724859463164-ki
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge pro station yellow light after only 30 mins of charge 1724859612980-dk

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
You should double check all the connections. Loose connections will cause it to trip the overheat mode.

Reactions: chl

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'll second the suggestion to drop charge rate to 60A and/or make sure the cable is not wrapped around the unit while charging. The additional heat from the cable has cause people trouble in the past. I derated mine to 60A as I still got notifications of faults during peak summer, even after the FW update.

OP
OP
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Tasmanjog, where is that screen? Does the Carge Station Pro have software that I should download? How? Or is the software on my truck or on line or on the Ford Pass? As for lowering the amp charge rate, that is not acceptable. If Ford makes a charger for 80 amps, it should handle 80 amps. If not, then Ford should say 60 amps. Period. As for cable bunching, my cable is flat across a concrete floor.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Tasmanjog, where is that screen? Does the Carge Station Pro have software that I should download? How? Or is the software on my truck or on line or on the Ford Pass? As for lowering the amp charge rate, that is not acceptable. If Ford makes a charger for 80 amps, it should handle 80 amps. If not, then Ford should say 60 amps. Period. As for cable bunching, my cable is flat across a concrete floor.
It handles it fine in sub 90F temps. Above that it gets a little less reliable. I think its only rated to 113F which it easily reaches in summer while charging. Mine is also on the floor while charging. But when it gets over 110F during the day, it struggles that evening.

I don't think this is any different than a car claiming 300hp... but it only gets that at redline. You get 80A, when it's not crazy hot out.

OP
OP
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
OK I think I understand. Because, when I charge my MachE the Charge Pro does not fail, and the MachE charges at a lower rate than the Lightning. I guess I have no choice but to reduce the charge rate to 60 amps during the summer or air condition my garage.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It’s in FordPass. Go to “Energy”, then scroll down under “Advanced” you’ll find “Charge Station.”

With my software version, I have no problems at 80A.
Sponsored