• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is the Official Ford Motor Company account for issues/repairs on this forum legit?

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
I see posts from the Official Ford Motor Company account in this forum similar to the one below.
Has anyone sent this account a message with the VIN and local Ford dealer?

If so, what service does this account provide? Is it a liaison with the service department at the Ford dealer? Does it only schedule a service appointment like we can do ourselves in the Ford Pass app?

Really curious if anyone has any feedback interfacing with this account for service needs.

Ford Motor Company

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Hi there. This official Ford Motor Company account concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Lightning truck. Should you need further assistance, please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer and I'd be happy to see how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Sponsored

Dave70

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Yes, when my rear motor failed, they promptly responded to my inquiries through private message on here, and I was then connected through them to someone else who called me and gave me updates. They even called my dealer service department.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Hahahaa they are on the forums to like pictures and not help you at all.

They do say dm your vin and I’ll help on our end. 😂 which they say take to dealer.
Your better off calling BEV team for help than hoping @Ford Motor Company will.

they won’t even comment on this thread . BET

I bash them all the time and they never help even when I had an issue and never responded to the issue🙄🗑.
Agree that reaching out to thd BEV team was very helpful for me.

Sponsored

pullinggs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
I see posts from the Official Ford Motor Company account in this forum similar to the one below.

If so, what service does this account provide? Is it a liaison with the service department at the Ford dealer? Does it only schedule a service appointment like we can do ourselves in the Ford Pass app?

Really curious if anyone has any feedback interfacing with this account for service needs.

Ford Motor Company

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
My experience with them was positive. No, they didn't show up in my driveway with a toolbox, but the day after I sent them my information the local dealer contacted me to set up an appointment.

They got Service to focus on my problem, and that's useful if you ask me. YMMV.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician

Ford Motor Company

Hey, I just wanna say thank you for bringing this subject up. It was VERY enlightening to say the least . .

Dzsink

First Name
Zoltan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ext range
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
In my case they created a buy back case.

Sponsored

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
They provide nothing. They reply with the exact same cookie cutter message. To-date I am aware of nobody here that they have actually helped with a situation.
I had a very frustrating interaction with them early in my ownership of my Lightning - I posted here about obvious app bugs and limitations, they asked for contact information, and then called me with a bunch of questions about my dealer. I asked how my dealer, which is a lovely family-owned Ford shop doing its level best to come to terms with the EV revolution, could possibly help fix what were obvious software bugs in the app and even in the truck itself (QNX DHCP client bugs) and asked if there was anyone on a relevant team at Ford I could share some detailed information with. They offered again to make an appointment for me at my dealer, I said that seemed to me like it would be wasting the dealer's time and...they hung up on me. Seriously.

Maybe they felt like I was yelling at them for following their script. I didn't mean to. But it was clear their script did not have options for the kind of problem I was having, and yea, I was frustrated, and it probably did come through in the tone of my voice. But I did not like being hung up on - it would have been preferable if they just didn't offer help with this kind of issue if all they can do is follow a script that's not relevant.

On the other hand, I know some others here with mechanical problems have had help expedited by these same folks after a DM exchange. I guess the basic limitation is that they can help you if your problem is something a dealer fix, but if not, not...

ntcarson

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I had an issue trying to get my dealership to install the rear lightbar (from the recall) after I showed up for my appointment during the Dramatic (Un)expected Mishandled Automotive Software Shutdown of 2024 (DUMASS24). Even after they "recovered" in the shop, I stopped in a few times to try to get my part installed. They held their ground on having the lightbar in stock, but a huge delay in the arrival of "the bracket". I asked the thread-bot, via DM, to help them out with getting their hands on this magical and mystical "bracket", since my old, water-filled lightbar was flickering disco-style most of the time and, likely, a safety issue. I was encouraged to continue working with the dealer, so I waited. Eventually, after a few more weeks, it was completed. I suspect that they decided that the old one had a bracket that they could use. We may never really know how they overcame such great odds to install that new lightbar. I guess everybody wins...
Sponsored