• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ktn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 LightningĀ® LARIAT ER
@Ford Motor Company when will I get this on my 2023? I'm on SYNC Version 4.0.22326

kthx
Sponsored

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
@Ford Motor Company and whatever blue haired ignoramus social media princess intern is running this account: do yourself a favor and just go away. Stop posting. Stop commenting. Stop pretending to care. Just go away. You are an embarrassment to your corporation. Every time you open your mouth on this forum, you are damaging your brand. Spare us all, and spare yourself. Just STFU and go away.

ktn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 LightningĀ® LARIAT ER
@Ford Motor Company and whatever blue haired ignoramus social media princess intern is running this account: do yourself a favor and just go away. Stop posting. Stop commenting. Stop pretending to care. Just go away. You are an embarrassment to your corporation. Every time you open your mouth on this forum, you are damaging your brand. Spare us all, and spare yourself. Just STFU and go away.
I heard there is a leaderboard, top 10 get BC 1.4 early!

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Ford thought this was worth posting about?

Please start hiring some software engineers so we can compete with 2018 Tesla features.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT ER
I am so :mad: about this. How dare you only offer this to sync 4a equiped lightnings. I had to go through so many lagged behind updates for the updates to make the updates better just so I could not get this update. :thumbsdown:

Hey Ford, why does my basic system have a feature that I can turn on and off that allows me to send mapping directions to my lightning from the Ford pass app yet the app doesn't allow for this? I paid for this feature when I purchased the truck. It's was not indicated that this was a trial.

Now what is the biggest software embarrasment, a feature I paid for that's in my truck that I can not use or this clown of an app that still cannot be used as I am trying to keep my family safe whilst driving? ... Because we all know video games, Tik tac toe, crayons, coloring books, conversations, walking a dog, or basically anything else is more valuable than this app... (DISCLAIMER this is my personal opinion).

Sponsored

Magendi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Semi-related to this thread since many mentioned wanting pet mode. When I have dogs in the truck and need to go into a store, etc, I just leave the truck running and lock the doors. I disabled the auto-time out so it should stay running indefinitely. With the key not in the truck even though itā€™s running no one could drive off. Why doesnā€™t that work for peopleā€™s pet mode needs?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I understand the frustration from everyone here.. I want a pet mode too, but I dont understand the anger.

From a software perspective, just because this was finished and released first doesn't mean it was prioritized any higher than the other stuff, it just means it was done first and was probably easier or "cheaper" than the other tesla-like apps we are waiting for.

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Semi-related to this thread since many mentioned wanting pet mode. When I have dogs in the truck and need to go into a store, etc, I just leave the truck running and lock the doors. I disabled the auto-time out so it should stay running indefinitely. With the key not in the truck even though itā€™s running no one could drive off. Why doesnā€™t that work for peopleā€™s pet mode needs?
It obviously keeps your pets safe, but doesn't keep anyone from breaking your window to save the pets that are "clearly" burning up inside.

Pet mode puts an announcement on the big screen that the pet(s) is safe, and if implemented properly, bypasses the auto shutdown timer without you having to remember to do it every time.

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
Itā€™s OK. I tried to use it, but because itā€™s not the actual music, and instead a midi based facsimile, I struggled a bit to keep cadence and rhythm :)

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
disappointing still no generator mode, no Bluecruise 1.4, no Sync 7, but hey karaoke mode??? and only 2024?

Sponsored

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
@02Reaper
i spoke with ford, they said you donā€™t know enough people
Right...lol. Looking at the bright side of this. At least its an update I wont get. I have the XLT. This is for the 4A crew. Still though I'm sure a lot of time and effort was put into this that could have been put into something we've been begging for.

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I understand the frustration from everyone here.. I want a pet mode too, but I dont understand the anger.

From a software perspective, just because this was finished and released first doesn't mean it was prioritized any higher than the other stuff, it just means it was done first and was probably easier or "cheaper" than the other tesla-like apps we are waiting for.
For starters, the 24's have charging stats on the screen. Why hasn't Ford offered that to the previous years? Its obvious it was finished before karaoke.

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100

Eh, you havenā€™t worked in software, have you. Testing resources are always limited, somewhere there is somebody whose job it was to make sure that Karoke mode doesnā€™t freeze up the backup camera which would make the truck illegal to run on US roads. That same person could have been testing ā€œdog modeā€ (or ā€˜wife waiting in car on hot day while car is charging while husband goes to restroom without having to leave the key on the console where it will get forgotten, fall onto the floor while driving, be forgotten about at the next stop where husband automatically locks the car using the keypad thus stranding two people in a rental at a service station in the far end of Canada on a hot day with nothing but the shirts on their backs surrounded by mosquitoes at 5:00 pm trying to call their rental company to get the door code which is known by one person who is out of the office ā€™ mode.)

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Iā€™m really not impressed with how rude everyone has been to Ford/the employee in this thread. You can get your point across without being a jerk.

I also think itā€™s a little silly how some people are so sure their ideas are more important than others. Like I would much rather have karaoke than dog mode. My daughters would love to sing karaoke, and we donā€™t take the dog on road trips. So DogMode is useless to me.

I share otherā€™s frustrations that there are a lot of important features that have not made it to us yet. We really need that generator mode when the truck is off. We really need the blue cruise updates.

That said, I think people expect too much from Ford, or any company for that matter. For those that are not familiar, on Monday, Apple released new software for all of their devices. iPhones, iPads, Apple TVs, Mac computers. And there are lots of people with bricked iPads.

yet people think only Ford messes up software updates.

Tesla is obviously ahead on the software updates, but of all of the auto manufacturers that arenā€™t Tesla, like it, or not, Ford is probably number two when it comes to software updates. So this is the state of the auto industry.

We know you arenā€™t going to GM and getting a better software update experience with their EVs. They canā€™t even get their blazer off of a Stop sale for crying out loud.

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Iā€™m really not impressed with how rude everyone has been to Ford/the employee in this thread. You can get your point across without being a jerk.

I also think itā€™s a little silly how some people are so sure their ideas are more important than others. Like I would much rather have karaoke than dog mode. My daughters would love to sing karaoke, and we donā€™t take the dog on road trips. So DogMode is useless to me.

I share otherā€™s frustrations that there are a lot of important features that have not made it to us yet. We really need that generator mode when the truck is off. We really need the blue cruise updates.

That said, I think people expect too much from Ford, or any company for that matter. For those that are not familiar, on Monday, Apple released new software for all of their devices. iPhones, iPads, Apple TVs, Mac computers. And there are lots of people with bricked iPads.

yet people think only Ford messes up software updates.

Tesla is obviously ahead on the software updates, but of all of the auto manufacturers that arenā€™t Tesla, like it, or not, Ford is probably number two when it comes to software updates. So this is the state of the auto industry.

We know you arenā€™t going to GM and getting a better software update experience with their EVs. They canā€™t even get their blazer off of a Stop sale for crying out loud.
Well...Ford is aware of our feelings by now since they monitor the board and have been interviewed by several influencers with our same questions here. What better way of making people happy than to give them what they want rather than something that they don't want?
Sponsored