Sponsored

What’s the latest software update for the Lighting 2023 ? As of Oct 2024 ?

danchristy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lighting
Occupation
Audio Video Lighting Engineer
How do you know if we’re on the last of firmware and software
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
In short, you don't. You can only see the version of Sync you are on. Each module has the ability to be updated. Someone with FDRS can look, but it's very likely you aren't current on every module.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Distribution is a matter of Russian Roulette, you'll get something and not necessarily in the sequence that others before & after you will have received them.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Lately this has been my mood, I know it's showing in my posts..... sorry about that BUT Ford could be doing so much better in the customer service department, reviewing all these posts is draining.

Ford F-150 Lightning What’s the latest software update for the Lighting 2023 ? As of Oct 2024 ? 1729699298478-he

Sponsored

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
Fair question - and after owning two Ford EVs I've concluded that between the monthly Microsoft Windows updates and the random and continual cell smart phone updates, technology has trained us users to feel that if we are somehow missing the latest update then we are operating in a vulnerable, perhaps unsafe software state.

IMHO this general perception of operational safety does indeed apply, often or continually, to our computing and Internet communication devices, and conversely it does not apply - practically at all - to our Ford EVs.

Frankly, as Ford leans to be a software company while continuing to be a quality vehicle manufacturer, is seems to me to be more important for Ford to continue to be the latter (maker of quality vehicles) and not to try to be both, simultaneously, at some significant risk to its core business.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Lately this has been my mood, I know it's showing in my posts..... sorry about that BUT Ford could be doing so much better in the customer service department, reviewing all these posts is draining.
yep... its not that hard Ford.

Ford F-150 Lightning What’s the latest software update for the Lighting 2023 ? As of Oct 2024 ? Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 11.50.33 AM

Al_V

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
How do you get your truck to updates to that point?
I don't know, no one knows what triggers the updates for any particular vehicle.
Well perhaps someone at Ford knows...
I can share this info:
I bought my truck in Early December 2023, and went a looong time with no updates.
Then I got a couple very sporadically, and it seems like I got at least 3 this month.
Make sure your truck is connected to your wifi, but a few times I received updates away from home.
And as someone said, just don't worry about it, there hasn't been much in the way of significant improvements.
Good luck!

Sponsored

Ish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lariat ER
The secret sauce is to start up your vehicle at the exact moment that Ford determines each morning and push a random set of buttons that Ford also determines randomly each morning. If you do that successfully, you get the most recent six months of updates unlocked to be delivered at random intervals over the next six months so you’re never up to date.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Have you tried to rain dance yet? Or how about the OTA line dance? Also you could try the BLU-CRZ shake.

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
I tend to get software updates while driving to or from work on Thursday afternoons. Which is strange as it is set up to check for updates at 9 pm each night. I guess It has a mind of its own and downloads whenever it wants to.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I tend to get software updates while driving to or from work on Thursday afternoons. Which is strange as it is set up to check for updates at 9 pm each night. I guess It has a mind of its own and downloads whenever it wants to.
Only the drive inhibit updates will honor your time limiter, otherwise on the fly updates happen just after you start the truck normally, "Press to Start" the truck phones home for a quick check, if an update has been allocated for your VIN, it starts to download, when the package has completed transfer, the truck installs it immediately unless flagged for drive inhibit condition.
Sponsored