Fast150EV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat, 2022 F150 Lariat EV
congrats and nice choice on color as well
Thanks. I was unsure right up until I picked it up. Looks great in person and what helped was I was on the fence with Star White and there was a Platinum Star White at dealer and I was not a fan. I was a fan of the Platinum interior as it's nice step up from Lariet, but not sure 10k worth.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Whelp...

Looks like my NorCal truck was unloaded in Las Vegas... Same as Droopy but different Train.

Not a good sign for a July delivery.

So, NorCal trucks are seemingly getting sent to Las Vegas, but SoCal trucks seem to be getting brought into CA... Not sure what is going on with Ford.

Last edited:

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Whelp...

Looks like my NorCal truck was unloaded in Las Vegas... Same as Droopy but different Train.

So, NorCal trucks are seemingly getting sent to Las Vegas, but SoCal trucks seem to be getting brought into CA... Not sure what is going on with Ford.
This is pretty much out of Ford's hands, no? Its the train company that dictates the route, not Ford.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
This is pretty much out of Ford's hands, no? Its the train company that dictates the route, not Ford.
I'd assume Ford inputs a destination and doesn't just let UP unload railcars whever it wants :)

I haven't researched every little aspect (but a lot), but I don't think it'd be too common to unload and reload trucks on a railcar... Every car within my railcar should have been meant for NorCal. So, I have to assume it's going to be hauled on a truck from there and not get back on a train.

I would hope that Ford supply chain algo saw going to NV was a quicker route or something that's why they ended up here.

My Dealer said it's not unusual for their cars to land in NV... and doesn't know if it'll get back on a trail or be hauled from there as things change quickly.

Sponsored

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
I'm curious as to why exact builds with in production dates have built dates before mine. What is the production process for these? How can it be in production for 2 weeks?

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Iced Blue Silver
So my tracker, which has shown in transit for 16 days now, reverted back to built awaiting shipment..... I do hope it's a bug because it was confirmed on a train =/

Ebenson75

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 sport
Occupation
Healthcare
Whelp...

How did you learn this? And I wouldn’t loose hope. Assuming it’s on a truck you can easily drive Vegas to Nor ca in less that 24hours. So assuming it’s on a truck to our dealerships we could still see these trucks by Thursday or Friday.

chirocam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner --> Ford 150 Lightning Lariat, Agate Black
Occupation
Chiropractic Physician
CSX tracking says my truck’s rail car is “constructively placed” here in Tampa… whatever that means! Hope that means it’ll be trucked over to the dealer a half hour from the rail yard very soon.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
How did you learn this? And I wouldn’t loose hope. Assuming it’s on a truck you can easily drive Vegas to Nor ca in less that 24hours. So assuming it’s on a truck to our dealerships we could still see these trucks by Thursday or Friday.

Dealer let me know it was in las Vegas when I told him my tracking said it was unloaded.

And, there are three other folks on the forums who got the same message one way or another, and I believe it was three different trains so far (maybe two), and one more coming.

Being in las vegas and having to ship to NorCal would likely be 2 to 3 times slower than being in the bay area. So I don't know how they are getting these trucks in on time. Truckers are in short supply. A single hauler could probably do two loads in a day from bay area. From LV to NorCal might not even be able to do one in a day.
Sponsored