Sponsored

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I get that the first wave will go out on Thursday. My question is, do dealers already know which customers will be in the 1st wave, or will they find out on Thursday along with everyone else?
Sponsored

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I get that the first wave will go out on Thursday. My question is, do dealers already know which customers will be in the 1st wave, or will they find out on Thursday along with everyone else?
I posted this yesterday so hopefully not a broken record, but my dealer called my and let me know I'm in Wave 1, so they definitely know as of yesterday

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I'm going to call it now.....when Ford fulfills all the reservations AND demand has stabilized below capacity you'll see Ford offer an XLT(non plus) with ER battery. It may be late 2023 MY or perhaps in 2024

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Damn. I don't want the moonroof but I want Lariat+.

Screenshot_20220104-084412_Chrome.jpg
I also don't want the moonroof, that's super disappointing. Not a fan of all the hassles that comes with those.

According to the leaked playbook, dealers will know who's in each wave about 2-3 days before the invitations are sent. So for wave 1, your dealer should already know.

Sponsored

Akovia

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
05 Tundra, ‘16 Kia Soul EV, ‘14 Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Experienced
Configed my Lariat. Site won’t save it. I MIGHT be on the email update list. Clunky site needs work. Good luck everyone!

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
I'm going to call it now.....when Ford fulfills all the reservations AND demand has stabilized below capacity you'll see Ford offer an XLT(non plus) with ER battery. It may be late 2023 MY or perhaps in 2024
And by 2024 it'll be $71k since inflation will increase prices 5% a year

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I have mine configured. Now since I was a little late on the reservation, I'm hoping a lot of people drop out.
Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 9.11.56 AM.jpg
I put my reservation in at 8am the next morning. Last I heard I was 10th in line at my dealer. I'm hoping to get a chance at a XLT this year with a couple people dropping off. I'm all about these tax incentives but if you can't afford it without it you shouldn't be buying these trucks IMO

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I put my reservation in at 8am the next morning. Last I heard I was 10th in line at my dealer. I'm hoping to get a chance at a XLT this year with a couple people dropping off. I'm all about these tax incentives but if you can't afford it without it you shouldn't be buying these trucks IMO
I put mine in the next day as well since I was having issues with my AMEX card not working. Regardless, I am also 10th in line at my dealership, however they appear to not have a firm understanding on the allocations. The dealer thinks it be 5-10 for that dealership. So worse case, I may need to wait till the 23 MY.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mgser

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor 801A
I think the dealer already know, my salesman just called me that he want me to send him my PDF build sheet and copy of DL, then he could enter them on Thursday on their end to put the order in.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
My dealer just informed me that there was literally a single invite go out from his Dealership (1), for the first wave, I am the second on their list so I get to wait for another wave.

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
My dealer just informed me that there was literally a single invite go out from his Dealership (1), for the first wave, I am the second on their list so I get to wait for another wave.
I might be that #1 spot lol not sure if we got the same dealer, but I ain't far from you

two wheels

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Ford Escape, Honda Accord
That XLT price is a huge kick in the balls to get the ER battery. Seriously... what the hell??
I'm really beginning to wonder why and if I need the extended battery. 70 more miles is nice, but? The HP bump is REALLY nice, but do I need 560 HP on my truck? I had 380 HP on my Tundra and that worked well for me. I'm not planning on towing with this. So is it worth $10K (really $19.5K) for an extra 70 range? I'm not so sure anymore. Ford pushing me to a Lariat? Yeah, sorta. I see it as Ford is pushing me to a Lariat, or an XLT with standard battery for $55k. I'm starting to think a bit now. Batteries will get cheaper in years to come. These batteries are like memory chips when they first came out.

evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Toyota 4Runner, Sur Ron X electric dirt bike
A question regarding adaptive cruise control on the Pro version: it seems the Pro cannot be upgraded to the Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0 Assist version (it shows only Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0) so in order to get "Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go", not only do you have to go to the XLT but spring for the $9500 312A package?
Sponsored