First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
Interesting thing happened to my 12 Volt battery the other day. I had a Pro logix 2320 power supply / charger connected at the battery. Negative was downstream of the sensor, positive connected to the battery post. When I finished checking available downloads, I decided to charge the 12volt to 100% (it was 90%).
I changed the settings on the charger to 2 amp charge, started the charger and went inside. The HVB was also plugged in. Next morning I went to unplug everything, HVB was @ 90% as it should be, 2320 was flashing an EP in the display window. I turned off the charger, then turned it back on and low and behold the battery had much less voltage than when I left it the night before, % charge showed 75%. Does anyone know what the flashing EP means, it's not in the manual and my search ability online can't find anything?

Anybody else ever experience this?
Sponsored

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Doesnt the truck charge the LVB when its plugged in?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
OP
OP

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Doesnt the truck charge the LVB when its plugged in?
It will under certain conditions, like when your driving or if the battery gets below a certain voltage, but it only charges to 80% as I understand it.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No. Only when driving, or actively charging.
Wait. Let me get this right. I have my home SOC target set to 80%. Last night, the truck sat plugged in overnight at 80% for around 10 hours. This doesnt top off the LVB?

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wait. Let me get this right. I have my home SOC target set to 80%. Last night, the truck sat plugged in overnight at 80% for around 10 hours. This doesnt top off the LVB?
It charges from when you plug in until it's done at 80%. Then, NADA. That's why updates fail, because the 12V isn't charged enough.

Reactions: GDN

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It charges from when you plug in until it's done at 80%. Then, NADA. That's why updates fail, because the 12V isn't charged enough.
Well thats a stupid design. I guess its time to plug in my 12V. SMH.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well thats a stupid design. I guess its time to plug in my 12V. SMH.
I put mine on a Battery Tender as I tend to drive it less often, because we take the Mach-E. It's sitting at 99% right now.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I put mine on a Battery Tender as I tend to drive it less often, because we take the Mach-E. It's sitting at 99% right now.
I am going to have to use the tender I have to charge it up. The other charger I had for my 21 Ecoboost puts out 30A. Probably alittle too much for that small 12V.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have two 3A and one 1.25A.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I changed the settings on the charger to 2 amp charge, started the charger and went inside. The HVB was also plugged in. Next morning I went to unplug everything, HVB was @ 90% as it should be, 2320 was flashing an EP in the display window. I turned off the charger, then turned it back on and low and behold the battery had much less voltage than when I left it the night before, % charge showed 75%. Does anyone know what the flashing EP means, it's not in the manual and my search ability online can't find anything?

Anybody else ever experience this?
Yes, I had mine on the same charger overnight as well and this morning had the EP message. The manual refers to an Energizing Phase. Maybe that's what it was doing? Shouldn't be in that condition though based on my reading of the manual.

Edit: Or maybe it's in Exercising Phase which is their term for maintenance mode.

OP
OP

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Yes, I had mine on the same charger overnight as well and this morning had the EP message. The manual refers to an Energizing Phase. Maybe that's what it was doing? Shouldn't be in that condition though based on my reading of the manual.

Edit: Or maybe it's in Exercising Phase which is their term for maintenance mode.
Yeah, maybe but I can't figure out why it went from 90% to 75% overnight when the charger attached.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Yeah, maybe but I can't figure out why it went from 90% to 75% overnight when the charger attached.
FYI, to answer your earlier question I did find it hidden in manual - EP on display is exercising phase when it is discharging the battery (negative 1-2 amps) so it can then recharge/restore for maintenance. Why it would do it within hours of fully charging is strange to me. Seems like this is something to be done weekly or more.

Not a big fan of this charger anymore myself. Twice now it says it's fully charged but SOC from truck is 90%.

Ford F-150 Lightning 12 V battery drained overnight 1702687521420

Ford F-150 Lightning 12 V battery drained overnight 1702688042923

OP
OP

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
FYI, to answer your earlier question I did find it hidden in manual - EP on display is exercising phase when it is discharging the battery (negative 1-2 amps) so it can then recharge/restore for maintenance. Why it would do it within hours of fully charging is strange to me. Seems like this is something to be done weekly or more.

Not a big fan of this charger anymore myself. Twice now it says it's fully charged but SOC from truck is 90%.

1702687521420.png

1702688042923.png
that looks like a charging process you’d use to bring a weak battery back. I hope the charger doesn’t do that every time.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
There are new reports in the Mach E thread's and from knowledgeable members that during 6.13 SW update the DC/DC charging contacts closed and stayed closed during the update delivering charge to the 12v battery. We might just finally have a break through.
Sponsored