Sponsored

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
Great, hopefully it will work. I have a lariat, crew cab, fx4, 502A package. I leave my truck running and make changes, never had an issue. I just cycle off and back on when it says.

***notes that may help: When I make APIM changes, when it says to cycle the ignition; I always hit the button then open the door and let the center screen power all the way down, then turn back on.
Ford F-150 Lightning 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 1A6570D2-B91F-481A-B1B9-18208B7ADC57
Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
I have a 2021 F150 Platinum with factory tow mirrors. A while back I used Forscan to implement double horn, temps, Bambi, global windows, Lincoln mode. Still have the occasional odd mirror behavior (driver side sometimes unfolds while passenger does not, etc.) but I have a new concern.

Puddle lights.

Post #545 talks about having dealer add tow mirrors and both puddle and spotlights are working. Hmm. I realized my puddle lights never work edit on approach or door open. I can use zone lighting and light up either side as desired edit (spots and puddles). I can turn on/off the spotlights by pushing the buttons by the headlight switch.

Seems I should get light on the sides so I can see to step in etc. Heck my son's mustang projects a mustang shaped light when he approaches. When I approach the F150 in the evenings with fob in pocket I get lots of lights front and back.. none on the side. Is this normal?

Last edited:

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I
I have a 2021 F150 Platinum with factory tow mirrors. A while back I used Forscan to implement double horn, temps, Bambi, global windows, Lincoln mode. Still have the occasional odd mirror behavior (driver side sometimes unfolds while passenger does not, etc.) but I have a new concern.

Puddle lights.

Post #545 talks about having dealer add tow mirrors and both puddle and spotlights are working. Hmm. I realized my puddle lights never work. I can use zone lighting and light up either side as desired. I can turn on/off the spotlights by pushing the buttons by the headlight switch. In fact I think these are the same led lights.

Seems I should get light on the sides so I can see to step in etc. Heck my son's mustang projects a mustang shaped light when he approaches. Whhen I approach the F150 in the evenings with fob in pocket I get lots of lights front and back.. none on the side. Is this normal?
I believe that implementing Lincoln mode disables the puddle lights. At lease they don’t work while they are folded anyway.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd

Puddle lights.

Post #545 talks about having dealer add tow mirrors and both puddle and spotlights are working. Hmm. I realized my puddle lights never work. I can use zone lighting and light up either side as desired. I can turn on/off the spotlights by pushing the buttons by the headlight switch. In fact I think these are the same led lights.

Seems I should get light on the sides so I can see to step in etc. Heck my son's mustang projects a mustang shaped light when he approaches. Whhen I approach the F150 in the evenings with fob in pocket I get lots of lights front and back.. none on the side. Is this normal?
I'd say not normal. I perceive that the tow mirror puddle lights are a little dimmer than the standard mirror puddle lights, but they definitely work when I approach the truck with fob in pocket. I'm 99% sure that the puddle lights are activated with side Zone Lighting, so I'd start there. If puddles don't work with approach lighting nor Zone Lighting, I'd guess it is a programming issue. Have you Forscanned any changes to your truck? If so, possibly a software "conflict" somewhere (though I'm anything but a Forscan expert like others here) caused by the changes you made. If not, have your dealer look at it.

Edit: missed that you DID make Forscan changes.

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
Great, hopefully it will work. I have a lariat, crew cab, fx4, 502A package. I leave my truck running and make changes, never had an issue. I just cycle off and back on when it says.

***notes that may help: When I make APIM changes, when it says to cycle the ignition; I always hit the button then open the door and let the center screen power all the way down, then turn back on.
I’m trying to make the changes I can’t open the ipma I think it my Bluetooth OBD2 connector or could it be something else

Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Does anyone know the mod to turn off the do do do chime when you turn on the ignition. I changed it on my old truck but damned if I can find the address again!

thanks!

Dwag21

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
alright I’ll do some digging hopefully u can arrow it down that would be great. I was able to add the bed camera to the side menu but it doesn’t work.
What module are these changes in and did you get a chance to figure out which lines of code are essential and what ones are not?
Thanks

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
What module are these changes in and did you get a chance to figure out which lines of code are essential and what ones are not?
Thanks
This is apparently what needs to be changed. I’m just having issues communicating with the ipma module. I’m using some Bluetooth OBD2 connector and I’m think that might be the issues why it won’t connect.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 811DDE18-5057-4FE0-88D0-5E517C950839

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost

Puddle lights.

This may not be FORScan related. There is an option in the vehicle settings in SYNC for “exterior lights on approach” I think it’s called. Yours may just be turned off? I have standard mirrors but the puddle lights do work when they’re folded

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I’m trying to make the changes I can’t open the ipma I think it my Bluetooth OBD2 connector or could it be something else
Yea, not sure what the issue is. I use a laptop and a wired obd connector. Also, I had to go into the ipma “as built”, because the “easy” ipma (one that doesn’t say “as built” next to it) only has 2 lines in it.

Sponsored

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
Yea, not sure what the issue is. I use a laptop and a wired obd connector. Also, I had to go into the ipma “as built”, because the “easy” ipma (one that doesn’t say “as built” next to it) only has 2 lines in it.
Which wire OBD connector do you have I just ordered a OBD link ex cause I’ve been using this Chinese Bluetooth thing years ago everything else works when connected to forscan just the ipma doesn’t want to open it get to 27% and then says service interpretation or whatever.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
This may not be FORScan related. There is an option in the vehicle settings in SYNC for “exterior lights on approach” I think it’s called. Yours may just be turned off? I have standard mirrors but the puddle lights do work when they’re folded
Not sure if Forscan related or not.

Bringing up zone lighting on the console... Turning zone lighting on and off turns on/off both spotlight and puddle light. Having zone lighting off .. but still that screen... if I open the door the screen illuminates indicating the puddle lights have come on. But they do not work on door open. Or approach (other lights do). etc. Don't work when turning spotlights on with dash buttons. Very odd.

Anyone else have tow mirrors. Lincoln fold and puddle lights that work?

El Amigo

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Manufacturing (ODM)

Puddle lights.

Same issue with mine.
Not sure if Forscan related or not.

Bringing up zone lighting on the console... Turning zone lighting on and off turns on/off both spotlight and puddle light. Having zone lighting off .. but still that screen... if I open the door the screen illuminates indicating the puddle lights have come on. But they do not work on door open. Or approach (other lights do). etc. Don't work when turning spotlights on with dash buttons. Very odd.

Anyone else have tow mirrors. Lincoln fold and puddle lights that work?

I has same issue after Lincoln mode, after restore to original values puddle light works
Sponsored