• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
The $175 is trivial on a truck this expensive. The messed up part (that is unsurprising), is Ford stripped out parts and packages without lowering the price.
Note this is a $175 factory option that I doubt most vehicles will come with in the new Build&Buy model. You can’t order it. Seems like it would be an easy dealer installed option.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Note this is a $175 factory option that I doubt most vehicles will come with in the new Build&Buy model. You can’t order it. Seems like it would be an easy dealer installed option.
It's not the only thing they stripped out. The took out Pro Power as a Standard Option for some trims. They reduced the length of the BlueCruise subscription. Deleted Work Surface from XLT and Flash. Deleted Securicode. Speed Sign Assist stripped from Pro/XLT. That doesn't even include the deletes from 2024 (like dual on board AC chargers). A Standard Range XLT has been nuetered and they are still charging way to much for it (especially considering what a fleet Pro costs). A fleet Pro with an ER battery and dual on board chargers is $54,280. Come on Ford.

ScottyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning XLT
I am sitting here with my 2022 XLT 312A and still feeling like I am not really missing out on anything yet. Plus I still love my heated steering wheel :). The only minor thing I have FOMO on is the sexy new Ford trucks' badging. Well, maybe the heat pump to... Still minor to me though.

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I am sitting here with my 2022 XLT 312A and still feeling like I am not really missing out on anything yet. Plus I still love my heated steering wheel :). The only minor thing I have FOMO on is the sexy new Ford trucks' badging. Well, maybe the heat pump to... Still minor to me though.
Same, with my 2023 Lariat 511A ER; I have no desire to upgrade. If anything, with these changes (especially if this is the trend moving forward), it might push me back towards Rivian for our next vehicle (in five to 10 years...).

Some of my friends have called me "unreasonable" and "paranoid" for NEEDING to have a spare (of some kind) on my vehicles. This is a non-discussion item for me; any vehicle I own will always have a spare tire. Full stop. :)

Sponsored

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Interesting. Nothing about the rumored larger battery to compete with Chevy?

Not a fan of all the deletes. My 23 XLT 312A is going to have more features than a new 25. Crazy.

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
It's not the only thing they stripped out. The took out Pro Power as a Standard Option for some trims. They reduced the length of the BlueCruise subscription. Deleted Work Surface from XLT and Flash. Deleted Securicode. Speed Sign Assist stripped from Pro/XLT. That doesn't even include the deletes from 2024 (like dual on board AC chargers). A Standard Range XLT has been nuetered and they are still charging way to much for it (especially considering what a fleet Pro costs). A fleet Pro with an ER battery and dual on board chargers is $54,280. Come on Ford.
$54k? That's almost $10k less than MSRP for a 23 Pro Er. I feel like that is SR pricing

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
$54k? That's almost $10k less than MSRP for a 23 Pro Er. I feel like that is SR pricing
Pro is $47,780 and ER Battery with Dual Chargers is a $6,500 add on. It's right there in the Price List.

This make me even happier with my $52k XLT ER.

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
I did some calcs and a fully optioned Lariat pencils out at over $90K w/o park assist, under seat storage & while our ‘23 was missing on board scales & interior detection, it now appears to be well over $91K+ (‘25) as it sits. Of course we ended up w/3 years of BC (never use as. No
nearby freeways), also added the hard folding tonneau. Our state sales tax makes it a $100K truck w/o incentIves. Probably why I don’t see many of them in our county. One other that I know of.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Was poking around on the inventory setup for left over 23s and 24s....if you want a Lariat with Max Tow it appears you can't get 9.6kW Pro Power and qualify for the tax credit? I think the MSRP was like 80,3xx or something.

Sponsored

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
If anyone has a left over 23 then I’m sure you can get a discount off msrp that’s more then the tax credit.

IF you want to find a 23 that’s under 80k msrp and has everything you want and is $10k off that ship might have sailed earlier this year when they offered $12-$18k off) lariats and platinums. My guess the left overs aren’t specd like they were 6 months ago.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Was poking around on the inventory setup for left over 23s and 24s....if you want a Lariat with Max Tow it appears you can't get 9.6kW Pro Power and qualify for the tax credit? I think the MSRP was like 80,3xx or something.
Yeah, the Lariat has always been close to the line depending on options. With the 2024 Build and Buy you can still get the Federal $7500 rebate with Propower 9.6, and Max Tow. But if you get a paint that costs extra or the 3-year BC option., you might be over.
Remember the rebate applies to MSRP before Destination & Delivery.

The Build &BUY website has an indicator which vehicles are eligible and which aren't.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2025 F-150 Lightning Order Guide & Price List (MSRP & Invoice Pricing) 1725046373077-tq

Ford F-150 Lightning 2025 F-150 Lightning Order Guide & Price List (MSRP & Invoice Pricing) 1725046548669-4w
Ford F-150 Lightning 2025 F-150 Lightning Order Guide & Price List (MSRP & Invoice Pricing) 1725046509693-ul

The one on the right has the $2100 3-year BC option that pushed it over 80K before D&D so not eligible.

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
It feels like some little MBA kid with a spreadsheet was given the task of “make the truck cheaper to compete with hypothetical Chinese imports.” Making features optional does not save money, now they are going to have to stock spare tires and securicode keypads because dealers will insist on them. I could have imagined upgrading to a LR someday, but I am certainly not giving up features on my perfectly adequate SR Lariat to do so.

You also end up with the situation where there is a used ‘22 on the lot that is not only cheaper than the ‘25 but it has more features. “Oh you can add a spare tire and keypad” is a buzzkill for the new car buying high - what else is missing?

Ford really seems to have given up on the idea of selling things. We almost went nuts and bought a Platinum instead of the SR Lariat, but for a lot of extra money it didn’t have the fancy massaging seats that my wife liked - for about a $300 credit. Why did they even bother to make it? In ‘25 I don’t see much that would push me to a Lariat over an XLT, and when you start thinking that way why not get a Pro? Then it gets so basic that you decide to keep your Frontier and go home.

When the Lightning was announced I was impressed that the XlT had a 360 camera, so of course they have removed it from that trim. Newsflash, Ford, everybody has 360 cameras now including my mid spec EV6.
Sponsored

Last edited: