• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any ideas, charger stopped working?

rmansava

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Yesterday had a fault show on the truck. Now the power pro station has a single amber bar, the truck no longer acknowledges that its plugged in.

Tried resetting the sub panel in the garage and the main breaker.

Ford F-150 Lightning Any ideas,  charger stopped working? charger
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Can you see the charger in FordPass or setup app?

OP
OP

rmansava

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Yes, before this I didn't have it setup but was able to the Charge Station app and link it in the Ford app.

When I plug it in the truck it indicates Charge station not connected in the vehicle display.

Firmware 5.0.16
Software 2.112.64

Sponsored
OP
OP

rmansava

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Mine is hard wired, but I did turn the power off at both the sub panel and main panel. Neither of those fixed it.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Looks like you need troubleshooting.

Ford F-150 Lightning Any ideas,  charger stopped working? 1000025485

Last edited:
OP
OP

rmansava

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Thanks for the chart! It's one solid amber on the right, so I guess trouble shooting is required.

I have a ticket open with Ford but they are telling me it will probably take a week for them to get back to me.

I feel like if I call an electrician they are just going to tell me the charging station is bad.

Is there anything that I could safely do, like any fuses that I could set back.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Thanks for the chart! It's one solid amber on the right, so I guess trouble shooting is required.

I have a ticket open with Ford but they are telling me it will probably take a week for them to get back to me.

I feel like if I call an electrician they are just going to tell me the charging station is bad.

Is there anything that I could safely do, like any fuses that I could set back.
An electrician will only be able to check the wiring powering the unit. With it having a fault light, it probably goes deeper than that. I would wait to see what Ford comes up with before getting somebody else involved.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I agree with post #2!

Sponsored

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
Does your truck charge at other level 2 locations?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Firmware 5.0.16
Software 2.112.64
That's an older version, we're up to 2.112.91............. but mine is stuck waiting for an update now over 2+ months, don't know if they are having server issues at siemens or if mine is wonky, though it's charging just fine.

The next time you follow up with them mention the software version and ask them to confirm that their servers are actually working to push new updates.

Chezwick619

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lightning
Occupation
Landscape Contractor
About 3 months ago this is the same issue I had with my charger. Amber light came on the charger and it would not reset. When plugged into the truck, it would do nothing, and it wouldn’t even acknowledge it was plugged in. I ended up having to get a new one from FORD. Ironically, this was right about the time that I started noticing range issues , I have the extended range battery, I used to get around 280 miles on 100% charge. Now I get 190 to 210 miles on 100% charge.

The new charger has gone into safety mode twice but I was able to reset. Two days ago I received a service vehicle soon light, this was for a Powertrain malfunction and another charging fault. Your charger could be bad or you could be at the beginning of much bigger problems with the battery. Like me 🤦🏻

OP
OP

rmansava

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Slight update, now the power station is showing a solid blue set of bars. As soon as I try to plug the truck in I hear a click and it returns to the right sided single amber light without charging. A few seconds after unplugging the truck it goes back to the solid blue bar.

I tried turning the amps down in the app for something to try but it doesn't seem to save.
Sponsored