• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone take delivery since production was restarted?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Oh oh... the log jam may have finally started to break! Let's how so.

The Accountant's got this one ..... booking technical releases to dealer for quarterly reports..
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Are you saying... don't start getting happy just yet?
No, they might actually be releasing product to saleable status to get the numbers booked for financial reports and those units will indeed be hitting the street in the next week++

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
No, they might actually be releasing product to saleable status to get the numbers booked for financial reports and those units will indeed be hitting the street in the next week++
This would actually explain the slow pace in ramping production back up. More focus on getting the lot cleared to beef up quarterly reports.

OP
OP
detansinn

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
I am totally fine with Ford being motivated to get my truck to me for financial reporting reasons, because apparently, taking care of the customer isn’t enough to get them moving. 😜

I can’t wait for my Lariat to be released and finally arrive. Despite all of the delays, I am still stoked.

Sponsored

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I just received news from my dealer that they are now taking delivery of new Lightnings, mine will be delivered next week.
What I found interesting is the amount of travel my truck has endured. According to the website my truck was built on 1/30/23 and shipped on 1/31/23 and it arrived at the railyard in Mira Loma, ca on 2/13/23. But then the battery fire took place and the truck was shipped back to Flat Rock Missouri, for what I can only assume was a battery replacement or repair. The truck is currently on a rail car on its way back to California.
The light at the end of the tunnel is getting very bright.

OP
OP
detansinn

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's awesome news! Congrats. Selfishly I hope it means my truck isn't far behind. 😁
Not selfish at all. It's been brutal with the transit hold. It's surreal that it's finally in my driveway after two months of delays, but I can confirm that the floodgates are now open.

It also was totally worth the wait!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I am picking up my truck today! Woohoo!

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg
I didn’t go with the Rapid Red because that’s the color of my Mach-E, but that truck is gorgeous. I’m now questioning my decision.

Sponsored

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
I’m looking to finance about $30k and really want to take delivery before 4/1 if at all possible since I imagine interest rates are going to go up in reaction to the Fed rate hike from yesterday.
When we placed our order back in September, our dealer arranged the financing to lock in the interest rate back then. We're not obliged to take the financing as we hoped to be paying cash, though might have to finance up to $20k on delivery for a short time.

The approval was done based on what we would need if we took delivery back then, which would have been about $65k. That way we could finance up to that much and get the rate, I believe about 4% at the time.

UPDATE: After double-checking our bill of sale, the finance rate is 4.49%.

Last edited:
OP
OP
detansinn

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I didn’t go with the Rapid Red because that’s the color of my Mach-E, but that truck is gorgeous. I’m now questioning my decision.
Rapid Red is the F150 road less traveled, but it does look great.

OP
OP
detansinn

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When we placed our order back in September, our dealer arranged the financing to lock in the interest rate back then. We're not obliged to take the financing as we hoped to be paying cash, though might have to finance up to $20k on delivery for a short time.

The approval was done based on what we would need if we took delivery back then, which would have been about $65k. That way we could finance up to that much and get the rate, I believe about 4% at the time.
While 4% is not quite that <3% free money zone, if you can get that rate in 2023, it makes sense to take the cheap money for the short time. 👍

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Rapid Red is the F150 road less traveled, but it does look great.
I rode in a Rapid Red XLT back in Aug of 21' for a Lightning event for dealers that I somehow got invited to and a swore I'd order that color but Avalanche Grey was FREE lol no regrets

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone take delivery since production was restarted? no-ragrets-no-regrets

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
While 4% is not quite that <3% free money zone, if you can get that rate in 2023, it makes sense to take the cheap money for the short time.
UPDATE: I double-checked our bill of sale and the financing rate is 4.49%, which still keeps this comment relevant...

MAY 16 UPDATE: Spoke with our sales rep today as the truck will be ready next week - the 4.49% still applies. We will be choosing a shorter term and if a lower rate for the term we want was in effect when we ordered, we'll get that rate.

I remember at the time that our secured line of credit was a bit lower, but now it's up at nearly 7%, so the 4% is looking much better.

Definately not like the 0% financing on my FFE that will be paid off in the fall.
Sponsored

Last edited: