• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rekoil

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbon Lariat ER
Occupation
Basket Weaving
I beat the May figure by a wide margin. I was 80 days from production to delivery. I believe there are still 2 left from May that might be pushing over a hundred days now.
Ford F-150 Lightning Total Lightning Production and Delivery days trending downward (shortening)! 1660678937741

I'm getting close to 4 months... AHAHAHHA what do I win?!?!? Sanity is slipping...
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Thanks for your input. I am completely new to this process. I have bought all my cars used. So production and delivery days are working days that are added to the build week? Basically at this point what would be your best guess of number of days between the build week and in my driveway week?
Based on what I have been seeing, somewhere between 5 and 8 weeks seems to be the trend. Given they are starting 2023 production in ~mid October, I think only the first few weeks of production have a shot at being delivered in 2022.

OP
OP
PV2EV

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Just wondering since I know the spray in liner is causing delays, just trying to get a sense for how long
Supposedly it is not adding much if anytime, however, this data is not in the sheet. Having both tow packages is adding 3 days on average.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I know that Ford has released some production numbers, but do we know per the window sticker how many we think they've built? @TaxmanHog is this something you totaled up and I don't know where to look?

What I'm thinking of, is we've seen window stickers likely from every week. Those stickers told us how many they were building those weeks. Wondering if we had a running tally?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I have been watching this as well (in addition to stalking the build week threads) trying to predict when I might see my truck. With a 9/5 build week, I had been guessing very late Oct or early Nov, but with these trends, early to mid October have entered the zone off possibility!
It will probably be on the same train/truck as mine. .build date 9/12. :)

I ran analysis on Taxman's spreadsheet. For trucks going to NY the avg was 43 days between P & D. These do seem to be skewed as most were early builds(May) with fewer July builds represented.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Lighting should meet the domestic assembly and parts half of the credit, but may not meet the battery materials half (we just don't have that info), so $3,750 hit at the max.

In terms of your delivery, until you have a build week any guess, would be just a guess.
Shouldn't you qualify under the current tax credit if your Lightning gets delivered before the end of 2022 ??

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

I ran analysis on Taxman's spreadsheet. For trucks going to NY the avg was 43 days between P & D. These do seem to be skewed as most were early builds(May) with fewer July builds represented.
All was going swimmingly until the 5/23 glitch, but now that we're nearly out of the that hole, (with exception to outliers) things are definitely getting better.

Ford F-150 Lightning Total Lightning Production and Delivery days trending downward (shortening)! 1660681581520

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
PV2EV

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige

Looking at the data for July, the only states reporting completed are NY, MD and MI, which would skew that month's number, so maybe less of a trend that it looked like. June has many more states, and the average time is lower than May and April, but both those months had QA, parts and delivery issues. We may have to wait for August data to get a better picture.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Shouldn't you qualify under the current tax credit if your Lightning gets delivered before the end of 2022 ??
Yes, I was responding to someone ordering a 2023.

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
I've been able to access my truck through FordPass since 7/6. So it's been "built" for 6 weeks, but I didn't get the "built" email until 7/16. It shipped on 7/28 and has been 75 miles away in Jacksonville since 8/6. I watched the train it was on go by my house that morning.
Fuck.....

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
All was going swimmingly until the 5/23 glitch, but now that we're nearly out of the that hole, (with exception to outliers) things are definitely getting better.

1660681581520.png

@TaxmanHog it does seem as if build dates may take geographic location into some consideration. For example, there are several NY trucks each week in May with only a couple the entire months of June and July.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Build MonthAverage of Total P & D Days
Apr
71.09​
May
50.33​
Jun
44.53​
Jul
20.75​
From @TaxmanHog 's spreadsheet
My Blend Date was 8/9... still no idea when it's going to be classified as Built, but a 20 day delivery would be awesome!

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
That is great news. To those of you that have been watching this, considering this production/Delivery time, what is reasonable, optimistic and pessimistic delivery time at this point for a Pro I ordered last Friday? Is 22 delivery possible at all or it is too optimistic? If I am reading things correctly 23 delivery will cost me $7,500 more due to new tax incentive limitations (I assume Lightning battery does not meet the domestic component cut). Rivian just had everyone sign an order hoping they can use it as a loophole to use the old tax law because it was signed before Biden signed the bill. Does that mean I could possibly use 23 tax incentive due to my order time? I know it would be reduced by the time mine is delivered but it is better than nothing.
If you ordered a Pro last Friday, there's good news. Ford is price protecting deferred 2022 Pro orders with a private offer. The POSSIBLE bad news is that APPARENTLY Ford plans to build those Pros during the 3rd qtr of 2023. I could be wrong on what/when Ford next plans to build Pros for retail customers, but that's what I gather from reading various F150L forums.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
If you ordered a Pro last Friday, there's good news. Ford is price protecting deferred 2022 Pro orders with a private offer. The POSSIBLE bad news is that APPARENTLY Ford plans to build those Pros during the 3rd qtr of 2023. I could be wrong on what/when Ford next plans to build Pros for retail customers, but that's what I gather from reading various F150L forums.
Ford told me my price protection certificate number is the same as my reservation number. I am hoping my dealer won’t find a creative way to screw with that. I also asked if portable charging cable is complementary and included as it was for 22 (I didn’t add it in my order as it was $500 in 23 and it is only 30A). He said all of them come with it and it will be complementary. I can’t see how it can be true for 23 Pro but I am hoping he meant for price protected individuals. I was going to order one on line before delivery but now I won’t and probably end up with a lightning with no way to charge at home. He said deferred orders will get priority but if I learned anything from the first round, Pro and priority does not go in the same sentence so I am not holding my breath but it would be a pleasant surprise if I do get it in 22.