• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Apple Maps EV Routing in CarPlay Rolling out to F-150 Lightning

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Thanks, this was available on the 6.3 update about 1 months ago.

What’s going on with 6.4?
6.4 was pulled before it ever got installed.

Updates are on again as of today, but with no name, number nor any real description. @rugedraw notes that it is a GWM update though. So perhaps a bug was found over there and they needed to get this update out before continuing 6.X.

I and one other are report getting the update today so far.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/power-up-ota-no-number-id.17394/post-350306
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
6.4 was pulled before it ever got installed.

Updates are on again as of today, but with no name, number nor any real description. @rugedraw notes that it is a GWM update though. So perhaps a bug was found over there and they needed to get this update out before continuing 6.X.

I and one other are report getting the update today so far.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/power-up-ota-no-number-id.17394/post-350306
It is a GWM for the Mach E as per a well known member there that looked it up. I'd have to run the VIN of a Lightning to ensure it is also a GWM since the Mach E's have gotten updates with the same revision number as you guys, but it updates a different module. Based on the fact that both vehicles got it the same day, I am inclined to say it is a GWM for both.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/2021-my-new-powerup-dropped-after-6-1-0.31952/post-717650

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
It is a GWM for the Mach E as per a well known member there that looked it up. I'd have to run the VIN of a Lightning to ensure it is also a GWM since the Mach E's have gotten updates with the same revision number as you guys, but it updates a different module. Based on the fact that both vehicles got it the same day, I am inclined to say it is a GWM for both.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/2021-my-new-powerup-dropped-after-6-1-0.31952/post-717650
If you are so inclined - 1FTVW1EV3NWG03253. Thanks.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
If you are so inclined - 1FTVW1EV3NWG03253. Thanks.
Yup....GWM update.

Strange thing is that the new files is the same as the old file?

Module Data Detailsx

Target IdentifierCurrent Software #Previous Software #File Size
Module: GWM GATEWAY MODULE A
8060MU5T-14H372-AAGJMU5T-14H372-AAGJ200.72 KB

This is the second time you send me your VIN and you have an OTA in queue. APIM OTA 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE was sent to you an hour ago. Go start your truck. It updates one file in the APIM, and the file is 1.1GB's.

Group ID 1 - Ford Power-Up*We’ve been busy. Take a look at what we’ve done.*Even better If you recently received the 6.2.0 update, we've just re-released the same version with a few enhancements to improve your driving experience. Display Updates You may have noticed that things look a little different on your vehicle screen today. That’s because we’re continuing to improve the modern design to make it simple to navigate and find what you’re looking for. A few changes you’ll notice include a smaller top bar and we’ve moved some icons to make it easier to view. A dedicated user profile button has even been added. Record Feedback For this latest Ford Power-Up software update, we listened to your feedback and made it easier for you to continue to share your experiences by recording and sending voice feedback from the convenience of your vehicle. Prior to this update, access for this feature was in the Settings-General menu. But now it’s been moved to the App screen and will be available whenever your vehicle is activated in FordPass®. Look for the new Record Feedback microphone icon — and continue to let us know what you really think. Motion sensor alarm This update will allow you to easily turn the motion sensor alarm OFF from the vehicle settings screen or alert popup. That means when you have a passenger or pet inside, they can move around while you do the same outside.*Priority Update 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE*

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
That’s it. Started the truck, Took it a minute to sort things out but the download has triggered. I didn’t drive, it is still connected to wifi and downloading. Shouldn’t take it long.

Ford F-150 Lightning Apple Maps EV Routing in CarPlay Rolling out to F-150 Lightning IMG_5338

Ford F-150 Lightning Apple Maps EV Routing in CarPlay Rolling out to F-150 Lightning IMG_5339

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
That’s it. Started the truck, Took it a minute to sort things out but the download has triggered. I didn’t drive, it is still connected to wifi and downloading. Shouldn’t take it long.
Did you leave it running?

"groupId":"1""totalLvBatteryCapacity":"31""currentLvBatterySoc":"72""currentHvBatterySoc":"39""currentHvBatteryEnergy":"140950""availableLvBatteryCapacity":"22320"

Edit: If you didn't, I wouldn't stress it. It is VERY rare that APIM updates fail due to SOC issues.

Edit#2: File downloads finished. You'd have to start it again to trigger the install.

Edit#3: I see it installed. lol

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Did you leave it running?

"groupId":"1""totalLvBatteryCapacity":"31""currentLvBatterySoc":"72""currentHvBatterySoc":"39""currentHvBatteryEnergy":"140950""availableLvBatteryCapacity":"22320"

Edit: If you didn't, I wouldn't stress it. It is VERY rare that APIM updates fail due to SOC issues.

Edit#2: File downloads finished. You'd have to start it again to trigger the install.
Yeah - I just sat in it and waited on it. Sync actually rebooted on me. Install has completed. Ford Assistant and Alexa are fixed and are back. I noticed immediately the menu on the left was longer. They both work and are fixed.
Ford F-150 Lightning Apple Maps EV Routing in CarPlay Rolling out to F-150 Lightning IMG_5341

Ford F-150 Lightning Apple Maps EV Routing in CarPlay Rolling out to F-150 Lightning IMG_5343

Ford F-150 Lightning Apple Maps EV Routing in CarPlay Rolling out to F-150 Lightning IMG_5344

Ford F-150 Lightning Apple Maps EV Routing in CarPlay Rolling out to F-150 Lightning IMG_5346

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
One thing that had been reported I was excited about was having both Ford Navigation and Apple navigation running at the same time. That is no longer the case if it really worked. I put an address in for Ford, then one in Apple, as soon as I hit Go, the truck cancelled the navigation.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
One thing that had been reported I was excited about was having both Ford Navigation and Apple navigation running at the same time. That is no longer the case if it really worked. I put an address in for Ford, then one in Apple, as soon as I hit Go, the truck cancelled the navigation.
I reported it and had successfully done it. I will try again on my way home in an hour or so to verify once more

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
As per Gimme in the Mach E forums:

"MY21 and MY21.5 will get 6.2.1, everyone else (Mach-E and Lightning) gets 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE"

Just FYI.

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I reported it and had successfully done it. I will try again on my way home in an hour or so to verify once more
Crap, I forgot! I’ll test tomorrow

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Yeah - I just sat in it and waited on it. Sync actually rebooted on me. Install has completed. Ford Assistant and Alexa are fixed and are back. I noticed immediately the menu on the left was longer. They both work and are fixed.
IMG_5341.jpeg

IMG_5343.jpeg

IMG_5344.jpeg

IMG_5346.jpeg
I forgot to note this re-release of 6.2 updated the Sync version to 23291 Rev 1049

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I forgot to note this re-release of 6.2 updated the Sync version to 23291 Rev 1049
So you are not 6.3 yet? Isn’t that the new Apple Maps update? That could explain why you are still seeing different results with the maps

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
So you are not 6.3 yet? Isn’t that the new Apple Maps update? That could explain why you are still seeing different results with the maps
Yes - I was all the way through 6.3, then I got the two releases today. The first was the unnamed release that updated the GWM. Then I received "Priority Update 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE" which the updated release notes say this is an updated 6.2. Indeed Ford Assistant and Alexa work again.

I had not tried to run both navigation systems at the same time until today after 6.2 came a second time, when I discovered they don't run at the same time.

I don't know what is next, if we'll get a repackaged 6.3 and then move on with 6.4, etc. The Mach E's are up to 6.6 I believe.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes - I was all the way through 6.3, then I got the two releases today. The first was the unnamed release that updated the GWM. Then I received "Priority Update 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE" which the updated release notes say this is an updated 6.2. Indeed Ford Assistant and Alexa work again.

I had not tried to run both navigation systems at the same time until today after 6.2 came a second time, when I discovered they don't run at the same time.

I don't know what is next, if we'll get a repackaged 6.3 and then move on with 6.4, etc. The Mach E's are up to 6.6 I believe.
Im on 6.3 (from a couple weeks ago) and iOS 17.1.1, I just tested the use of Ford NAV and Apple Maps again using turn by turn at the same time and it is working for me.
Sponsored