Automatic speed adjustment for Speed Limit Sign

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I wash going down the interstate once and looked down and the dash said the speed limit was 25. I'm glad I didn't have that setting on.
I have had that a couple times. Once on the freeway in Little Rock it jumped from 70 to 45... my next trip through that stretch of freeway it happened again and I notice a 45mph sign on the service road.
Sponsored

Muerg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
engineering manager
I'm a little late to this chat but my 70 mile drive to the office on secondary roads has 3 areas with reduced truck speed limits due to the mountain grade. Truck sees the 25 mph truck speed as the speed limit for it, not the true passenger vehicle 45 mph limit. Without using some sort of GPS mapping, the visual reading of the signs would be a struggle to program in to keep the 45 and ignore the 25 with the added "TRUCK SPEED" sign with it.

I have never turned the feature on as I expected I would experience issues with the truck speed zones.

NOTE did some recent navigating on this same route using google maps and it has incorrect speed limits loaded for certain areas. Long stretch of 55 mph road with a 55 sign is shown on the google map screen as 25 mph so I doubt a GPS back up would not help the situtaion.