Battery SoC display fluctuation

Puffoluffagus

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
Anyone here notice recently after the barrage of recent updates that the SoC on the display fluctuates?

I.e. this morning for example, I charged my truck to 90% last night. I started it in the driveway while getting the kids loaded up and it dropped to 89. Then I made a submile drive to the opposite side of the neighborhood to drop my kids and off and then back. SoC then read as 91.

I noticed a similar phenomenon yesterday evening as well.

Ultimately inconsequential to using the truck, but I certainly hadn't noticed up until this past week or so.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Anyone here notice recently after the barrage of recent updates that the SoC on the display fluctuates?

I.e. this morning for example, I charged my truck to 90% last night. I started it in the driveway while getting the kids loaded up and it dropped to 89. Then I made a submile drive to the opposite side of the neighborhood to drop my kids and off and then back. SoC then read as 91.

Ultimately inconsequential to using the truck, but I certainly hadn't noticed up until this past week or so.
Where are you located and what was the temperature during that period. It may be related battery temperature.

OP
OP

Puffoluffagus

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
Southeast GA. It's been low to mid 60s in the AM, so nothing too drastic. But I guess that's possible. I didn't have the percentage gauge last fall/winter so perhaps it's just the battery warming up. Perhaps just coincidental with the recent updates and more of a seasonal change instead.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

Yes 🙌. Mine is no longer close to accurate and is approaching 10 kWh off of the battery’s usable capacity. So even though it is showing 80% the kWh is only showing say 94 kWh remaining. Sadly the displayed kWh is almost the right level for the total pack SOC not the SOC displayed. Been this way a little over a month now.

Heard nothing from @Ford Motor Company, plan to take it to the shop as soon as they have an appointment 🤷‍♂️

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
An update in the past several months brought on this phenomena, I don't recall which one is the culprit, see my signature for the recent history of updates.

What is your most recent update?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

Puffoluffagus

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
I haven't gotten that far along the update train, do you recall seeing any of the earlier ones I've had?
Yeah prior to that one, I had gotten 6.14 at the end of Sept. Then 24.2.5.6.1 and ECG-24.2.4.10 sometime in early or mid oct.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
6.2.0 here, I sometimes see it go up 1% after unplugging and starting to drive. I don't think that's too out of place though, as I don't see it fluctuate after that.
Sponsored