• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bluecruise 1.3 OTA

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Since the BC became inoperable couple months ago due to a partial update, I haven’t received one OTA update since then.
Yea, I remember you mentioning that. I asked you for the VIN so I can look it to it, but never heard from you.
Sponsored

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Yea, I remember you mentioning that. I asked you for the VIN so I can look it to it, but never heard from you.
1FT6W1EV7NWG08024
Would you elaborate about the process of finding this info. In the aircraft industry we look after serial numbers to see what effectivities are applied to certain aircraft. The maintenance manuals on aircraft are quite extensive. The maintenance manual for the Lightning is not.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Very common. Every inhibit OTA says the update will take longer than it actually does.
In a screenshot you sent me of my OTA months ago, it looked like the overall time included install time plus a rollback allowance if something went wrong. So if update succeeds then time is shorter than advised.

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
The Lightning doesn’t yet. I’ve been waiting for the update to come, patiently. Since the BC became inoperable couple months ago due to a partial update, I haven’t received one OTA update since then.
I'm the same boat. My Lightning is stuck on "Not Completed" for the Driver Monitoring System (24-PU0105-CMR-FX) and hands-free BlueCruise hasn't activated since.

Rugedraw very helpfully took a look at what was pending for my VIN and nothing was. I'm in Early Access, but haven't had an update for ages.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
1FT6W1EV7NWG08024
Would you elaborate about the process of finding this info. In the aircraft industry we look after serial numbers to see what effectivities are applied to certain aircraft. The maintenance manuals on aircraft are quite extensive. The maintenance manual for the Lightning is not.
In these cases, what I do is pull the as-built data of the IPMA module to compare what certain lines that have to do with BC functionality are showing can compare it to some notes I keep that shows what it should be showing. For some reason, certain updates that have nothing to do with the IPMA change the config on a particular line in the module making BC inoperable.

However, in your case, all the config seems correct. I had a second set of eyes that knows A LOT more than I do about these things look at your truck, and he does not see anything preventing BC from working either.

So, I pulled the codes your truck was reporting to the cloud and I found some possible clues there. SSM 51688 referenced by one of those codes cites a possible loose connection between the IPMA and the cameras. That will for sure cause BC to not work. Looks like it may be due to a hardware issue in your case.

Ford F-150 Lightning Bluecruise 1.3 OTA 1719849613226-67

Attachments

Sponsored

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
In these cases, what I do is pull the as-built data of the IPMA module to compare what certain lines that have to do with BC functionality are showing can compare it to some notes I keep that shows what it should be showing. For some reason, certain updates that have nothing to do with the IPMA change the config on a particular line in the module making BC inoperable.

However, in your case, all the config seems correct. I had a second set of eyes that knows A LOT more than I do about these things look at your truck, and he does not see anything preventing BC from working either.

So, I pulled the codes your truck was reporting to the cloud and I found some possible clues there. SSM 51688 referenced by one of those codes cites a possible loose connection between the IPMA and the cameras. That will for sure cause BC to not work. Looks like it may be due to a hardware issue in your case.

1719849613226-67.png
As soon as I could, I took the truck in for service with the Ford BC people assigning the appointment and helping the technician thru with the problem. It came down to a fwd camera misalignment. The reset/alignment of the camera was successful. BC is working now.
Since then, when I access the Software Updates page, I still see that impartial update displayed. Also, Ford is working to send me the rest of the update at a later date. So…….still waiting.
Thank you for looking into it.
I think I am not the only one with this issue. Forum members may find our conversation very informative.
Thank you and good luck.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Since then, when I access the Software Updates page, I still see that impartial update displayed. Also, Ford is working to send me the rest of the update at a later date. So…….still waiting.
Not sure about the failed update and what you're seeing. Your OTA dashboard in PTS does not show any recent OTA history.

Ford F-150 Lightning Bluecruise 1.3 OTA 1719852500650-pf

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
As soon as I could, I took the truck in for service with the Ford BC people assigning the appointment and helping the technician thru with the problem. It came down to a fwd camera misalignment. The reset/alignment of the camera was successful. BC is working now.
Did you do a lift or level or was the cam just misaligned from the factory?

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Did you do a lift or level or was the cam just misaligned from the factory?
No lift and no level. The BC was working just fine, until the last OTA update.
Everything is working fine with the truck.
The last OTA update disabled the BC. It even warned me to take the truck for service. I ignored it until I got on the interstate. No BC available.

Sponsored

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach-E
My Mustang got the BC 1.3 update a couple of days ago. My Lightning has not (though I did a bunch of FDRS updates on the Lightning a month or so ago and have most or all of the BC 1.3 capabilities).

Both of my vehicles are in EA.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
No lift and no level. The BC was working just fine, until the last OTA update.
Everything is working fine with the truck.
The last OTA update disabled the BC. It even warned me to take the truck for service. I ignored it until I got on the interstate. No BC available.
Yes, I remember there was a thread on that. Happened I believe with an update last year.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Even the EA MME testers who got "BC 1.4" back at the beginning of the year are now getting the 'upgrade' back to BC 1.3. First they will get an IPMA OTA and at the same time for those who have FDRS there's also a separate and completely different IPMA update as well a PSCM update to go with it. Several members have done all of that this past weekend and report no issues and improved BC performance (incremental though it is).

So BC 1.3 is the new target. I guess they 'settled' for what 1.3 had to offer to get an update out the door, and whatever 1.4 was supposed to be was just a bridge too far. I say that because there has been zero info forthcoming outlining what the differences (actual or notional) between 1.3 and 1.4 from those who could provide that info.

For Lightnings...remember we are all still in the doghouse until the fixes are released for the powertrain issues and part of that was a new gateway update. Well gateway updates are also needed when you are about to get new Sync updates (like to Sync 1122). As well as other things like BC updates. It all has to work together...so one big issue like the one that is keeping FSA 23B57 from being resumed will also keep a lot of other upgrades and enhancements from showing up. So basically, don't expect too much until sometime in August.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Even the EA MME testers who got "BC 1.4" back at the beginning of the year are now getting the 'upgrade' back to BC 1.3. First they will get an IPMA OTA and at the same time for those who have FDRS there's also a separate and completely different IPMA update as well a PSCM update to go with it. Several members have done all of that this past weekend and report no issues and improved BC performance (incremental though it is).

So BC 1.3 is the new target. I guess they 'settled' for what 1.3 had to offer to get an update out the door, and whatever 1.4 was supposed to be was just a bridge too far. I say that because there has been zero info forthcoming outlining what the differences (actual or notional) between 1.3 and 1.4 from those who could provide that info.

For Lightnings...remember we are all still in the doghouse until the fixes are released for the powertrain issues and part of that was a new gateway update. Well gateway updates are also needed when you are about to get new Sync updates (like to Sync 1122). As well as other things like BC updates. It all has to work together...so one big issue like the one that is keeping FSA 23B57 from being resumed will also keep a lot of other upgrades and enhancements from showing up. So basically, don't expect too much until sometime in August.
So is this the one that went wrong? Or did something go wrong before this and they have things to fix before this release can continue?
Ford F-150 Lightning Bluecruise 1.3 OTA 1719927165307-b

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
So is this the one that went wrong? Or did something go wrong before this and they have things to fix before this release can continue?
1719927165307-bn.png
I don’t know if there was an OTA, or if there was, which one it was. I did some powertrain updates I think in March or April and that’s when I started getting two DTCs for the SOBDM and SOBDMC….and it was after that everything got “paused”.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN