First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum, Rapid Red Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Wait a minute, Ford! You said: " New pricing will be $495 annually and $49.99 monthly." Don't you mean: "... or $49.99 monthly."???? Your wording means the total price for the year is $1,094.88 ($495 + 12 X $49.99). Really?

Regardless, I will not pay more than $20.00 per month, even though I use it frequently. I agree with everyone else, Ford has a lot of nerve charging for a system that they have promised to upgrade for more than a year and has not yet fulfilled that promise.

I love my Lightning and am constantly showing it off to others, but Ford must have a "Bluecruise" marketing department that is completely out of touch with reality.
Sponsored

advisorgee

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat ER
Is Canada getting this price reduction? It's showing $100/month which I am pretty certain is the old price.
But even with a reduction, based on the US pricing this would still be way too high (about $70).
I doubt I would even get it for long trips. This is a step in the right direction but it needs to come down a lot before I'd consider getting it.

And of course, I would want the latest updates.

jakes_02

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
IT
@Ford Motor Company, is there any chance I could get a credit for what I’ve paid so far, given that BlueCruise hasn’t delivered the features I was promised? I was told I’d have 1.2 by the end of 2023, but here we are near the end of 2024, and I’m still on 1.0. Should I be concerned about how long I’ll be waiting for 1.4, or will I just hear about 1.5 while still waiting?

I love 1.0, but I’ve been excited for lane change assist and everything else coming in the newer versions. At this point, am I just never going to see these features on my 2023 Lightning? If I’d known it would be like this, would I have paid for BlueCruise at all?

On another note, I’m super excited for the Ford Expedition announcement this week! With a new baby on the way, we need a bigger SUV, but I’m starting to wonder if it will come with BC 1.4 from the factory… or will I end up practicing patience again like with my Lightning? Maybe I should be cautious this time around, or is Ford about to change my mind?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
While I am excited to see this news, I am with other members who are also annoyed at the lack of promised BC updates. Before we even think of paying pay this, are we guaranteed the latest version? What will the terms of service be on this with hardware changes or updates?

Sponsored

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
There should be some kinda guarantee about what blue cruise software version we will be getting at minimum (at least 1.4 for 2024 owners, etc) before asking us to fork over money for a subscription. Otherwise, if we're not getting updates, why are we paying for the service?
Lots of folks complaining about updates here but frankly if you are not buying it for what it provides at the time of purchase then you doing it wrong.

Perfectly fine to be frustrated with the updates but NEVER buy something for what it MAY offer, buy it for what it DOES offer.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Lots of folks complaining about updates here but frankly if you are not buying it for what it provides at the time of purchase then you doing it wrong.

Perfectly fine to be frustrated with the updates but NEVER buy something for what it MAY offer, buy it for what it DOES offer.
Agreed on your take when purchasing something, but a lot of the comments are saying they won't subscribe (new purchase) without the updates, so they are pushing to have what they want before they buy.

lightningforum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Ford F-150 Lightning BlueCruise Pricing Lowered For Both Annual & Monthly Fees IMG_1303

Am I reading this correctly that for $395 more than the 3-year option that was previously offered, you can now get an option that lasts for the life of the vehicle? If so, where is the option to pay the difference? Asking early adopters to pay $495 per year on top of the $2,100 already paid sure is an interesting choice given the new life of the vehicle price. This does not inspire brand loyalty to me.

I am a heavy user of BlueCruise, averaging around 20,000 miles per year so far and well over half of that is highway mileage. It is still not worth $495 per year to me.

ditkafan1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
Totally would have paid the extra couple hundred for a lifetime if was offered at purchase time over the 2100 for 3 years... bummer they arn't asking current folks for a 1 time payment to opt into lifetime for only like 400 bucks. Seems like an easy money maker for ford...
Sponsored