• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge station pro Ford Pass connection issue

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog Are you able to connect to your FCSP from FordPass on a regular basis? Mine did for a little while after the 5.0 update but the past 2 weeks or so all I ever get is "not connected".
Yes, though yesterday evening the cloud was off line for a few hours, as it was the prior day, I actually lost one charging session event. But it resumed functionality overnight, when I unplugged this morning after replenishing my truck after a big road trip all of Thursday the data posted to Insights log.
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Yes, though yesterday evening the cloud was off line for a few hours, as it was the prior day, I actually lost one charging session event. But it resumed functionality overnight, when I unplugged this morning after replenishing my truck after a big road trip all of Thursday the data posted to Insights log.
Ok, I may give it a reboot using the breaker today and see if that reconnects it. It's been charging just fine and I see charge records in FP. Just can't seem to connect to the FCSP directly. I'd like to dial the rate back down from 80 to 60 while it's hot. Thankfully, I haven't seen any notifications about problems with it over heating yet.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Ok, I may give it a reboot using the breaker today and see if that reconnects it. It's been charging just fine and I see charge records in FP. Just can't seem to connect to the FCSP directly. I'd like to dial the rate back down from 80 to 60 while it's hot. Thankfully, I haven't seen any notifications about problems with it over heating yet.
If you don't need the 80A option, and 60A or lower is fast enough, turn the circuit board dial down to a lower rate.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge station pro Ford Pass connection issue ford evse 80A set max current

A lower rate is better for battery longevity.

My SR battery is limited to 48A by the on-board charging circuitry and so far it seems to charge at about 44A according to the truck data.

I could get by with less, the Mobile Charger's 30A/32A is probably enough for my uses (all local driving), I just am hesitant to use it on a daily basis due to all the posts I saw about failures of it.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
If you don't need the 80A option, and 60A or lower is fast enough, turn the circuit board dial down to a lower rate.

ford evse 80A set max current.jpg

A lower rate is better for battery longevity.

My SR battery is limited to 48A by the on-board charging circuitry and so far it seems to charge at about 44A according to the truck data.

I could get by with less, the Mobile Charger's 30A/32A is probably enough for my uses (all local driving), I just am hesitant to use it on a daily basis due to all the posts I saw about failures of it.
I don't need 80A but I do like having it. Most of the year it isn't a problem, but last summer I did get a few notifications of the unit overheating and it would pause/resume. Haven't noticed it this year yet. I'm not worried about the rate and battery health, the C rating from 80A to 48A is 0.13 to 0.08 which is to say not much. The size of the charging deltas (20% to 80% vs 50% to 70%) will likely have a bigger impact than charge rate when it comes to level 2.

That and I'm too lazy to take the panel off to access the dial :D

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't need 80A but I do like having it. Most of the year it isn't a problem, but last summer I did get a few notifications of the unit overheating and it would pause/resume. Haven't noticed it this year yet. I'm not worried about the rate and battery health, the C rating from 80A to 48A is 0.13 to 0.08 which is to say not much. The size of the charging deltas (20% to 80% vs 50% to 70%) will likely have a bigger impact than charge rate when it comes to level 2.

That and I'm too lazy to take the panel off to access the dial :D
Yes, stressing the battery and circuitry with heat is what I was thinking, the higher the current the higher the temps reached. Over the years small percentages add up.

It is also an heat energy issue - so, like kWh's (which is an energy measure) the longer and higher the current, the more heating energy is applied, of course we assume the active cooling reduces the ill effects to some degree.

I stick to between 40 and 60% state of charge, works for my distances to travel.
I give the battery time to rest/cool down and charge after 1am when the time of day rate is the lowest, and usually the ambient temp is lowest as well.

It also gives the battery BMS some more time to balance the cells which I believe adds to longevity and safety too. Unbalanced batteries are like unbalanced people in a sense.

I considered dialing down to the 32A setting, the truck (SR) circuitry keeps it no higher than 48A which means I can go from 40% to 60% in a bit over 2 hours and leaves around 6-7 hours to balance cells before I use the truck at around 10am - 11am.

Assuming the FSCP has 240V at it's input (I should open the cover and measure it one time when it is charging to see) it seems to be pumping somewhere around 44A into the truck circuits - a calculation number, not measured by me.

I have a clamp-on ammeter around here somewhere, but like all the tools I have, it has decided to hide from me now that I want to use it again.

I got a little closer to getting the FCSP software finished, the app said it is paired with FordPass and now connects reliably through the set up app without having to enter the PW etc, over and over, but when I try to do the "Confirm..." step, I still get that "ChargePoint" error.

Been trying that for 2 days periodically...could it really be a down server?
I am wondering if it is some other connection/software issue.

Always something. At least my plug is not stuck in the hanger!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Been trying that for 2 days periodically...could it really be a down server?
I am wondering if it is some other connection/software issue.
Ford Cloud / FCSP coms appear to be up at the moment.

How intensely restrictive is security on your mobile device, VPN's other OPSEC controls??
Loosen them get configed, tighten them

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Cloud / FCSP coms appear to be up at the moment.

How intensely restrictive is security on your mobile device, VPN's other OPSEC controls??
Loosen them get configed, tighten them
No VPN on the wifi, or the tablet - have a vpn for my laptop when I travel, but not involved with the FordPass or FCSP setup apps.

Whatever security on FiOS, it doesn't stop FordPass or any other devices, it's FiOS wifi 2.4g connected to the tablet, the tablet connected to FordPass and the truck through wifi and internet, and the FCSP is connected on the wifi as well...

If the FCSP is trying to talk to the server via cell and not the wifi, then that's no good because there is virtually no service in the garage.

The truck in in the street but FordPass can connect to it fine via the internet.

A mystery to me what the issue is...

FordPass on the tablet sees the FCSP, the FCSP setup app see it too and then there is the "confirm" step which errors out.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
No VPN on the wifi, or the tablet - have a vpn for my laptop when I travel, but not involved with the FordPass or FCSP setup apps.

Whatever security on FiOS, it doesn't stop FordPass or any other devices, it's FiOS wifi 2.4g connected to the tablet, the tablet connected to FordPass and the truck through wifi and internet, and the FCSP is connected on the wifi as well...

If the FCSP is trying to talk to the server via cell and not the wifi, then that's no good because there is virtually no service in the garage.

The truck in in the street but FordPass can connect to it fine via the internet.

FordPass on the tablet sees the FCSP, the FCSP setup app see it too and then there is the "confirm" step which errors out.
This step had always been iffy even way back in October 2022 when I was setting up my FCSP, eventually the linkage to my FP account was made, I don't know for sure but it seemed like it took a few days for the systems to acknowledge each other.

The few times I did a factory reset and reconfiguration, the same delays and roadblocks occured, but after a few days, just performing that last step worked.

Use the Sync feedback reporting system to remind the engineers of this ongoing failure.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

FCSP has WiFi connectivity only.

Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This step had always been iffy even way back in October 2022 when I was setting up my FCSP, eventually the linkage to my FP account was made, I don't know for sure but it seemed like it took a few days for the systems to acknowledge each other.

The few times I did a factory reset and reconfiguration, the same delays and roadblocks occured, but after a few days, just performing that last step worked.

Use the Sync feedback reporting system to remind the engineers of this ongoing failure.
Thanks again for the info.

I am glad to know it is not just me and my location/equipment!

I have tried that last step to connect the FCSP to FordPass a number of times over the past few days, and will keep trying until it happens.

I don't NEED it for charging, the truck on-board setting work fine to control it.

Will I need it to be connected to FordPass if and when I install Home Integration?
Seems like I don't.

There is a separate step on the screen for that and it says "missing equipment" when I tap it because I don't have the HI Sys equipment yet - hoping the $3900 price tag from AEESOLAR.com for the parts:
----
The Home Integration System will arrive in 3 packages.
  1. Bidirectional Inverter (4, 6, 8, or 10kW)
  2. Microgrid Integration Device
  3. Dark Start Battery
----
may drop someday.

Looks like it should be a fairly "easy" install at least from a hardware standpoint.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge station pro Ford Pass connection issue HIS preferred layout

I just need to figure out where to mount it, seems like putting in near my house main service panel (basement) would save on wire and conduit, but I have more wall space in my garage.
Have to ponder that.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Will I need it to be connected to FordPass if and when I install Home Integration?
Seems like I don't.
NO IDEA, I do not have the HIS.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I tapped on that menu item and it just said missing equipment so I don't think I need the FordPass connection:
IMG_5640-Intel Backup Power.JPG
Right, but that's what I also see as a functioning FP user w/o the HIS equipment, so curious if you will be successful or not.

Ford Pass View0
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge station pro Ford Pass connection issue 1721095866657-rs
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge station pro Ford Pass connection issue 1721095877718-ym

FCSP setup utility view:

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge station pro Ford Pass connection issue 1721096119998-st
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge station pro Ford Pass connection issue 1721096141265-54

Last edited:

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't want to lose the progress I made by resetting at this point, such a pain to get this far with the delays and roadblocks as you mentioned...shouldn't be this difficult @Ford Motor Company
to connect the FCSP to FordPass!

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge station pro Ford Pass connection issue IMG_5643-connect to FordPass 4-error.JPG
Sponsored